Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 945 946 [947] 948 949 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 745513 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Yoe IV of Methiant!
« Reply #14190 on: August 27, 2018, 12:50:43 pm »

C - This is the only choice we don't have to bring with us.

Hotfire90

« Reply #14191 on: August 27, 2018, 12:51:39 pm »

A seems to be the least harmful option.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14192 on: August 27, 2018, 12:53:17 pm »

A I've been wanting to combine our and Parsia's cultures since the first game. I'm hoping that this might be a step in the right direction.

Edit: Or maybe B would be the better of the two for going towards that goal? Not entirely sure but I'm going to keep my vote A for now.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 12:59:04 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #14193 on: August 27, 2018, 12:59:22 pm »

C

Welp. Kind hope that we can get an heir soon. I don't think Yoe IV will end up being Emperor long at this rate.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14194 on: August 27, 2018, 01:07:48 pm »

C.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #14195 on: August 27, 2018, 01:14:56 pm »

C
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14196 on: August 27, 2018, 01:20:28 pm »

C

Welp. Kind hope that we can get an heir soon. I don't think Yoe IV will end up being Emperor long at this rate.

...He might lose the support of his wife and father, and may wind up having to take Cydwyl by force and put down a rebellion here or there, but I don't think there is much Yoe IV can do that will make him lose the support of his army at this point. He has purged disloyal elements twice, lead his troops to glory, and partied at their side. Anybody seeking to dethrone him will have to get through the rather formidable Methianese Army.

On a somewhat related note: Did we get any new resources on our half of Parsia?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14197 on: August 27, 2018, 02:04:49 pm »

A

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14198 on: August 27, 2018, 02:10:53 pm »

I have a bad feeling about this, especially after Yoe was compared to Alexander just a couple of votes ago.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14199 on: August 27, 2018, 02:13:26 pm »

C
Yeah, I remember how Alexander adopted Persian customs. And I want to stay as far away from Alexander as possible, since his empire crumbled to dust when he died. Let's not encourage that situation. Also, I'm worried about issues with moving our capital and would prefer to keep it closer to Cydwyl, who have been allies with us for much longer and are in the process of integrating with us.

Edit:Then again... Haspen, if we moved the capital here would it still be roughly the same distance to Cydwyl? Because I'm thinking that, if we're going to go for integrating with the Sim empire as well, moving it now could help with making sure the capital is in a more central location in the future.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 02:16:19 pm by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14200 on: August 27, 2018, 02:19:27 pm »

C
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14201 on: August 27, 2018, 02:20:47 pm »

oh, it is not adopting customs that I am worried about.

This reminds me of the situation leading to the fire of Persepolis. Conquered capital, lots of partying and wine (especially wine), a scantly clad lady (and boy too in this case) with a grudge after the former regime... (not stated, but they are freed slaves, so it is reasonable to assume)

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14202 on: August 27, 2018, 02:30:30 pm »

Hmmm. I'm not sure which choice would lead to that, but it actually seems most likely to be C.

Also, is anyone else getting the feeling that we're on the road to being a tyrant? We're a hedonistic king bad at keeping his promises who is also a genius who's hard to kill, lucky, and good at fighting, not to mention we have full control over the most powerful army in the area. Oh, and we're hard to poison, so that would likely be less of a problem for us. The thing is, we're not immune to poison. Combined with with the fact that we don't exactly have full control over Yoe... I'm actually thinking we may want to hold off on doing much of anything until this Yoe is dead.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14203 on: August 27, 2018, 02:42:38 pm »

C.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14204 on: August 27, 2018, 02:45:47 pm »

D

None of these is going to help us with Cydwyl; all of them are moving us farther away in esteem as well as location and/or culture. (Away from Methiant, too.)
C seems the least problematic . . . but only if we can keep it a secret long enough, or else all our other plans explode.
I can't see any actual advantage in B.

I guess I could vote for A if D isn't allowed. Hopefully our wife will veto the dresses and pastries don't sound all that dangerous (until we get the Fat trait at least).
Pages: 1 ... 945 946 [947] 948 949 ... 1087