Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: ERRANT: UFO Defense Redux  (Read 11221 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: ERRANT: UFO Defense Redux
« Reply #90 on: June 17, 2017, 05:03:48 pm »

((See, this is why I sent the pepsicopters in first!  It'd have been terrible if our chopper were taking all those hits.

@Nirur
NO.

@Killerhellhound
Buy thermal for both you and your mook, buy a ton of smoke grenades and teargas--like fifty or something, they're cheap enough--buy at minimum lasguns with several reloads, and buy a bunch of extra medical supplies.  Maybe buy a hardsuit and light autocannon, if we have the funds.  You should have a bit more than 600k to spend, going on past purchases.))

Order the two surviving pepsicopters to retreat and regroup fifty meters northwest of point C (intersection of King and 1 Ave), with some rousing inspirational speech.  The "blinded" pepsicopter really shouldn't be; I bought thermal for all the pilots.  Our command chopper will head to the same location, and then retreat to a safe distance once everyone is unloaded. edit: actually, have it unload two mooks, Trump, and any players that don't say they want to go to the second drop.  Then it'll fly to the northwest and make a biiiig circle around to the north of king street and 5th avenue.  The rest will be dropped here, as a flank guard.  Reminder, heavily smoke every landing zone before disembarking; each person might as well toss a grenade, Trump has plenty to spare.

If Emma insists on charging our most valuable equipment into the dead center of the enemy formation, chaisma roll her into landing and put a gun to her head if she fails to listen.  Have Sokolov commandeer the chopper if necessary; I'd rather a poor pilot fly than a suicidal one.

Edit 2: Also, order the mooks and pilots in the two choppers going down to try and jump out, maybe they'll get great dex rolls.  They have parachutes, I asked.  Make sure they know to drop smokes while falling.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 17, 2017, 05:35:52 pm »

:(

Follow the new plan. While dodging erratically.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 17, 2017, 11:04:30 pm »

Sounds interesting and in the spirit of Xcom I'll join as an Doorkicker

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

edit seeing how we have shit tons of money Can I get some thermals as well?

In! You spawn somewhere inside the Mi-26 heavy copter where you had been incubating all this while.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 18, 2017, 05:19:14 am »

Grab a satchel charge from the helicopter and grab one of the door guns gun down any confirmed hostiles or anything moving near the UFO
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 18, 2017, 06:02:03 am »

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 18, 2017, 11:36:18 pm »

No we're not spamming suicide bombers. And the market price of a parachute is about 3000 dollars... Cheap, and nowhere near the kind of cost of a whole aircraft. And no heliborne troopers don't usually wear parachutes and they aren't getting them retroactively.

Two helicopters crash go up in flames, blast 4 to everyone inside! D10:(5, 6, 10, 1, 4, 7, 6, 3, 6, 6, 4, 7) vs DC 15 1 unharmed, 10 wounded, 1 insta-dead! That and they are trapped in extremely cramped burning helicopters.

It's as if this was a way to get rid of the npc spam!

Grab a satchel charge from the helicopter and grab one of the door guns gun down any confirmed hostiles or anything moving near the UFO

"Can we land now? That would be nice. I think I want to be on the ground now thanks."

*groans*

That didn't work out terribly well...
Yeah, let's land.

((See, this is why I sent the pepsicopters in first!  It'd have been terrible if our chopper were taking all those hits.

@Nirur
NO.

@Killerhellhound
Buy thermal for both you and your mook, buy a ton of smoke grenades and teargas--like fifty or something, they're cheap enough--buy at minimum lasguns with several reloads, and buy a bunch of extra medical supplies.  Maybe buy a hardsuit and light autocannon, if we have the funds.  You should have a bit more than 600k to spend, going on past purchases.))

Order the two surviving pepsicopters to retreat and regroup fifty meters northwest of point C (intersection of King and 1 Ave), with some rousing inspirational speech.  The "blinded" pepsicopter really shouldn't be; I bought thermal for all the pilots.  Our command chopper will head to the same location, and then retreat to a safe distance once everyone is unloaded. edit: actually, have it unload two mooks, Trump, and any players that don't say they want to go to the second drop.  Then it'll fly to the northwest and make a biiiig circle around to the north of king street and 5th avenue.  The rest will be dropped here, as a flank guard.  Reminder, heavily smoke every landing zone before disembarking; each person might as well toss a grenade, Trump has plenty to spare.

If Emma insists on charging our most valuable equipment into the dead center of the enemy formation, chaisma roll her into landing and put a gun to her head if she fails to listen.  Have Sokolov commandeer the chopper if necessary; I'd rather a poor pilot fly than a suicidal one.

Edit 2: Also, order the mooks and pilots in the two choppers going down to try and jump out, maybe they'll get great dex rolls.  They have parachutes, I asked.  Make sure they know to drop smokes while falling.

The team sets down on King's street. We're 100 meters from St Patrick's church and 300 meters from the last known enemy positions. If you run for it, you might be able to save your wounded.

Under the cover of the big church building, you don't see any hostiles about, for now.

The damaged copter limps back and sets down with the team.

Alien scouts fire a volley at the smokey helicopter. (9, 5, 16, 16, 13, 8, 15, 14, 2, 3) (9, 9, 3, 8, 1) scoring 5 hits and 3 pens, it explodes and crashes and explodes some more... (7, 7, 5, 4, 3, 8) Kill one instantly, and injuring the other 5. Who are also trapped in burning shell of a helicopter.

Spoiler: killerhound Giglam (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Trump (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Glass Nox (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nurir Emma (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Smokemirrors Han (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Egan Nina (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 11:42:43 pm by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 19, 2017, 12:08:02 am »

Alexandra shall advance and slay the ayy away with large bullets!
Nina shall find better cover.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 19, 2017, 12:11:42 am »

Advance moving to cover, shooting any spotted ayy's
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 07:49:50 am by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 19, 2017, 07:11:26 am »

Advance carefully, moving from cover to cover, staying at each location for a few moments to see if I can spot any aliens. If I do see aliens, alert the rest of the squad, and then fire.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 19, 2017, 08:41:06 am »

((Not used to you changing prices after I get a quote, oh well.  Parachute spam was already ruined by seat limitations.))

Send twelve mooks, in the heavy chopper, around in a big circle to the northeast.  I want to drop them at king street and 5th avenue, then have them slowly advance while watching our eastern flank.  The chopper will then retreat out of range, but stay in the air, ready to come assist if needed. Nirur Torir has carte blanche to do as he pleases with the chopper.  Sokolov is in the chopper, manning a door gun, and will not disembark.

As for Trump, he'll advance aggressively southeast, deploying smoke for cover, and shooting at any ayys that are visible using thermal.  He'll make an effort to stay at the front of the team.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 19, 2017, 02:48:05 pm »

Emma follows the flight plan. Restricted to trivial tasks, she cracks open a beer upon landing.
My mook will remain at a door gun, ready to fire on an hostile in range.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 20, 2017, 04:41:17 am »

((...Sorry, I forgot that we have a PC flying the main helicopter.  Since I've found much cheaper alternatives to the helicopter, we're no longer entirely screwed if we lose it; feel free to act as aggressive air support, but please do try to keep the chopper alive.))

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 23, 2017, 07:05:06 am »

We dropped to page 2, we need a turn, and my action is to go along with Syv's plan, he seems to be very good at this.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 24, 2017, 08:58:26 pm »

:(
But I was enjoying this...
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8