Once Dark Rolls dies?
- 2 (28.6%)
Wouldn't sequelitis kill it?
- 0 (0%)
Obligatory joke option!
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 166

Author Topic: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - The End  (Read 167732 times)

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us: Height Keep [6/6]
« Reply #285 on: July 02, 2017, 04:58:57 am »

(oh god thanks, i really think its kind of unfair having so strong enemies and being able to one hit kill myself on a bad roll)

Enemies aren't that tough. Most of level 1 to 3 don't have any armor and have weak resistances. Undead have the most HP points because they are literally walking cannon fodder on lower levels. Demons come next, but they have better resistances and skills. Dark Spirits are weakest, but can drain health and use dark magic. You can one hit kill them as well. Rolling a 5 against undead makes them go *poof* out of existence, severely hurt a demon or erase dark spirit due to arcane damage.

Thing is that starting equipment is trash, you have to loot something better as skills won't do everything for you.

Then there are also bosses. Now these guys are going to one hit kill you if you have starting equipment, weak skills and bad rolls. They have high resistances, loads of HP, deadly skills and great gear. Best thing is that you can loot their stuff from them and get unique items that scale up with your level.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us: Reign of the Undead Duke [6/6]
« Reply #286 on: July 03, 2017, 03:28:48 pm »

Turn 16

[4] Aaron turned incorporeal and hastily floated towards the courtyard, leaving a dark trail behind.

[5] Inquisitor sacrificed part of his life, a long slashed wound appearing on his arm! Then he stretched his arms in a welcoming gesture, calling wrath of gods upon undead! The wave turned boner into dust and started moving towards other zombies!

[5] Ow, ou shpx!! Sorry guys, but my magic doesnt work correctly on the undead. Im leaving this place! Tbqq yhpx. - Pguhyuh yelled running back towards courtyard, Smoke protecting him from any dangers on the way.

[3] Once outside and safe, demonologist rested at one of benches by the fountain and quickly restored his energy.

[Dennis: 4, Undead soldier: 4, Undead soldier: 3] Careful minions, I still need your help! - Dennis screamed to others, a sudden boost of faith strenghtening him. He tried to attack two zombies at once with a few wild swings, but he missed one and armor of second undead blocked some of his damage!

[5] In the name of the Father... - exorcist set out a prayer to strenghten his companions just before the wave reached other undead and obliterated them!

[1] The wave extended down the hall constrained by walls, frying three more dormant zombies and getting through leaks in barricade leading to throne room. Suddenly the barricade broke apart and several heavy footsteps could be heard. When the dust settled, a tall undead in full plate armor without helmet with three other undead in full armor by it's side were visible. The undead without helmet had a horrifying mummified face with long, black hair. It weilded a mighty greatsword in it's dead hands, while it's knights had longsword, mace and a spear, each weilding also tower shields.

Who dareth disturb my knights! What trickery turns armed men into dust!? - as the undead yelled, whole keep shaked violently, most probably waking anything hiding deeper within it! Knights! Attack! Cut these fools into pieces and feed implings with them! - it screamed pointing it's greatsword at Dennis.

Undead Duke: [120/120]
Undead swordsman: [80/80]
Undead maceman: [80/80]
Undead spearman: [80/80]

Boner: Dead
Undead soldier: 2xDead
Dormant undead: 3xDead
Undead knight: 3xDead

Team: +10 Faith
Dennis: -2 Holy Charges, his Holy Pitchfork reverted to normal weapon, 3 shared kill experience - level up
Aaron: 4 turns to become corporeal
Jeremiah: 3 shared kill experience - level up
Reynald: -5 HP, killed 3 undead, level up
Pguhyuh: Rested

OOC

Made the WoG far away kills as experience shared to those that witnessed it. This is to aid other players since a boss fight started and it seems that it's going to be tough. Make wise choices with your new skills, they will be vital to survive this battle!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 04:20:53 pm by Dark One »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 03, 2017, 03:35:39 pm »

"You seek to make me a champion of your dark cause. Prove thyself a worthy master.
leave the peasants out of it."

challenge the duke to a duel, and be ready to perform a crushing counterstrike.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 05:07:43 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 03, 2017, 03:40:38 pm »

You have levelled up. Maybe add yourself some new skill to fight duke. You know, bosses aren't easy...

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 03, 2017, 03:50:43 pm »

Rest a while. Then return to the hall.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 03, 2017, 03:57:51 pm »

Resting well will make you corporeal again, but you'll have full health and cooldown removed from the skill so you could still use it right after resting. You'd still be incorporeal if you don't rest enough, but still would have full health.

Going to take all the written so far mechanics from OOC and posts to rules. Done.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 04:19:10 pm by Dark One »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 03, 2017, 04:21:12 pm »

Ok. I'm outside anyway, so I'll easily have enough time to shift back.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 03, 2017, 04:23:13 pm »

Your character might like the unique item the Duke holds. Mostly due to it's origin and story...

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 03, 2017, 04:29:08 pm »

((Can I have a Faith Healing skill, you can decide how much HP it regenerates in one go. Would I be able to have it work at a distance or would it need to be a touch based ability?))

"Strike down these unholy vessels..."

Continue praying.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 03, 2017, 04:39:40 pm »

Your character might like the unique item the Duke holds. Mostly due to it's origin and story...
I assume it involves dragons.

While I know I can't level up yet (I'd have loved seeing that WoG carnage :() I do have an idea for my next skill. Essentially, constant cold damage to all nearby enemies, with an ice dragon theme.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 03, 2017, 04:57:14 pm »

(Would Smoke level up too?
Edit: I dont know, the enemies look too strong for me, and arcane magic is very weak against them, is everyone fine with me not participating on it? I dont want me or Smoke to die)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 05:01:18 pm by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 03, 2017, 05:22:58 pm »

((Can I have a Faith Healing skill, you can decide how much HP it regenerates in one go. Would I be able to have it work at a distance or would it need to be a touch based ability?))

You can have anything as long as it doesn't go against your class. You want the faith healing to be slow regeneration (2 to 6 HP depending on roll) working as long as prayer does, or single, big health restore (2xroll+1/2Faith) that can be casted without breaking prayer?

While I know I can't level up yet (I'd have loved seeing that WoG carnage :() I do have an idea for my next skill. Essentially, constant cold damage to all nearby enemies, with an ice dragon theme.

Would work. Toggle-able, automatic once enemies are nearby or constant aura?

(Would Smoke level up too?
Edit: I dont know, the enemies look too strong for me, and arcane magic is very weak against them, is everyone fine with me not participating on it? I dont want me or Smoke to die)

With enough time and kills, yes, he'll eventually grow stronger or turn into stronger demon. Arcane goes 5 - erase, 1 - make stronger on undead, it's quite a gamble. You'd still want to at least watch the battle, bosses count as a kill for whole team.

I think that experience sharing would be good. It'd work like - Pguhyuh blasts 8 demons and wants to share 4 kill experience points with Aaron, so he could level up quicker. Those 4 points are given to him instead of Pguhyuh and he levels up. Most enemies are scalled up to highest level team member, so this would help them survive tougher encounters.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 03, 2017, 05:26:37 pm »

Preferably automatic on enemy appearance, though on a low roll for the ability addition, it might need to be toghleable. It'd be a good way to reliably help kill enemies, while using incorporeality to maintain my own safety.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 05:28:13 pm by Glass »

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 03, 2017, 05:30:04 pm »

Preferably automatic on enemy appearance, though on a low roll for the ability addition, it might need to be toghleable. It'd be a good way to reliably help kill enemies, while using incorporeality to maintain my own safety.

You still can fire bolts from you crossbow and use your other weapons as dark spirit, but their damage is automatically turned into dark damage.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 03, 2017, 05:39:49 pm »

( I mean, Smoke was there with the others, he should have leveld up)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 166