Once Dark Rolls dies?
- 2 (28.6%)
Wouldn't sequelitis kill it?
- 0 (0%)
Obligatory joke option!
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 166

Author Topic: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - The End  (Read 167736 times)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us: Reign of the Undead Duke [6/6]
« Reply #315 on: July 04, 2017, 10:42:26 am »

No one on the waitleist and a boss fight starting, sounds like a good time to join. Dark One, I'll send you a PM about my character as what I plan is a bit... unique.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 04, 2017, 11:30:34 am »

(About that, I do have some secret stuff I have not revealed yet about my character, and some might have to be adapted to the story you have made. Do you want me to pm some of my ideas so you can use them later, tell me what to change or something?
EDIT:this is for Dark One)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 11:45:50 am by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: July 04, 2017, 12:52:09 pm »

No one on the waitleist and a boss fight starting, sounds like a good time to join. Dark One, I'll send you a PM about my character as what I plan is a bit... unique.

Sure, go ahead. Should I put you on waitlist now?

(About that, I do have some secret stuff I have not revealed yet about my character, and some might have to be adapted to the story you have made. Do you want me to pm some of my ideas so you can use them later, tell me what to change or something?)

If you feel that some parts might have to be adjusted then you can PM them to me. Remember though that I left a lot of world information unknown (though I have to admit that I haven't thought about it that much, rather than on general plot), so you have a lot of freedom with everything.

I'm after work now so I'll mostly be online.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 04, 2017, 04:41:14 pm »

Yes, that is why I posted before PMing you, speaking of which, I'll PM you soon.

EDIT: Nevermind, just remembered I can't send PMs from my phone, and I won't have access to a computer until tomorrow.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 04:48:12 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 05, 2017, 08:53:54 am »

Maybe just skip PaPaj for this turn
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 05, 2017, 12:18:02 pm »

Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 05, 2017, 12:37:26 pm »

Is banishing a demon equal to killing one? If my demon had to choose one of them, what would be better?

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 05, 2017, 01:13:05 pm »

Turn 17

[4] Facing the dead of such power, inquisitor decided that it'd be best for him to fight defensively. Thinking up a strategy, Reynald learned a skill such as defensive stance!

[4] Then he shouted before undead knights rushed into action: You seek to make me a champion of your dark cause. Prove thyself a worthy master. Leave the peasants out of it. - challenging the undead duke for a duel and preparing himself to perform a crushing counterstrike should the need be.

[3] Halt! - shouted the duke to his knights. This mortal deems himself worthy of interrupting my orders. Thinking that he can freely go against my will? This human deserves a punishment! Watch as thy master slains this fool! Once he's dead, take care of the other intruders in my keep! - Undead Duke screamed, raising his greatsword.

[3] Wanderer rested in the courtyard, fully restoring his energy. Then he returned to the keep to witness Reynald's battle with undead duke, still incorporeal.

[1 +2] Strike down these unholy vessels... - Jeremiah tried to continue his prayer, but duke's presence was enough to break his focus and quite freak him out. Dark spirits being his speciality, undead always seemed scarier for him. But he is sure that he can try setting prayer once again!

[2 +1] Thinking that Reynald may need it, exorcist thought about a way to heal his wounds while still in battle. He learned faith healing, a fatiguing but powerful prayer that restores health.

[Undead Duke: 5, Reynald: 1 +1] The undead approached inquisitor, and then as an old tradition told, they shook each other's hand with respect. You'll make a fine addition to my army! - undead said, and fighters moved to oppsite ends of hall. All bystanders formed a circle in the middle of the room. Then combatants moved towards their new "arena" and the battle began. Huargh! - Duke lunged at Reynald with a powerful upward slash. Inquisitor just barely parried it with his longsword, but the attack pushed him away and stunned him, nearly knocking him off-balance!

[3] Smoke left the keep and joined demonologist. Dying by the ages old undead hands wasn't their goal after all.

[2] Pguhyuh and his demon companion searched around the courtyard, traces of arcane magic being really strong here, but no sings of a source or way to it! First they searched around flower patches, trees and benches. Then they moved towards fountain.

[1] Demonologist thought about asking the old gardener if he knows anything about the arcane source in this place, but just when this idea came to his mind, he mistakenly pressed a hidden button in the fountain and it rapidly opened a passage under Pguhyuh and Smoke! They fell down and landed in some dark cavern, the fountain closing hole above them.

[2] There were several, tiny amethyst crystals leading deeper into the cavern. Perhaps the source of arcane energy is there.

[5] Standing in the circle and seeing how easily duke almost thrown inquisitor away with one slash, hatred towards nobility gathered up inside of him. He recalled stories of bloody barons and dukes that impaled countless men. His wrath quickly building up a need for revenge on nobles, he learned a skill of insolent impaling!

Undead Duke: [120/120]
Undead swordsman: [80/80]
Undead maceman: [80/80]
Undead spearman: [80/80]

Team: Prayer buff ended.
Dennis: Learned Insolent Impaling with 2 turns cooldown.
Aaron: Rested, 3 turns to become corporeal
Jeremiah: Learned Faith Healing with 4 turns cooldown, removed cooldown from prayer - he can use the skill again
Reynald: Stunned
Pguhyuh: -5 HP fall damage

OOC

You only survived the slash due to parrying bonus crushing counterstrike gave you. Now that you're stunned, Undead Duke makes his move first in the next turn, this turn he moved first due to cc's parry check first.

Peasant was meant for a challenge class, I'm actually surprised Dennis is still alive. I'll put you on waitlist, may you have more luck with this character.

Is banishing a demon equal to killing one? If my demon had to choose one of them, what would be better?

Banishing chains demon to Underworld until he is freed by other demons or summoned back. They'd have to break your arcane seal on banished demon to free him, which is hard even to most powerful demons. Killing makes a demon die just like a human, though there is no warranty of any afterlife if you're a demon or return to Underworld, but at least they can't make you undead.

Banishing still gives you a chance to summon the demon back if you can figure out what seal arcane energies placed on it during banishing.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 01:17:17 pm by Dark One »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 05, 2017, 01:31:45 pm »

Go check the surrounding halls for anything that may ambush us or something. If I encounter such a thing, shoot it through the head with my crossbow, point blank.
(for any archive bingers, this means you can ignore the D.O. post right beneath this one)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 03:15:31 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 05, 2017, 02:07:08 pm »

You do realize that this will aggro his knights, others will be instantly attacked and you won't be able to turn into dark spirit forever (meaning, you may roll 1)? Also, holy energy might not work on him as on regular zombies.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 05, 2017, 02:49:57 pm »

Be extremely careful. No one woukd make a secret entry with no traps, there must be some kind of protection, maybe even undead that fell here on accident.
First: Dont move and listen very carefully.
Second: Pay attention to my surroundings.
What can I see?
Third: Move really slowly arround and search for traps and enemies.
Once I can confirm that everything is fine, inspect the amethyst crystals, be very carefull, look first then touch. Smoke has to follow these steps too, we dont know if this is a trap, maybe we are being watched
If everything is still fine, take the amethyst with me, ask Smoke if demons use amethyst for anything, and keep looking for the source of power. We must be near.
No talking, trying to make as little noise as possible, use my link to mentally talk with him and inform about our situation.
Be careful about traps and prepare for combat, we can not allow to be ambushed here.

(I am being extremely paranoid)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 05, 2017, 02:50:53 pm »

-rendered moot-
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 03:13:24 pm by Glass »

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 05, 2017, 03:07:11 pm »

(I am being extremely paranoid)

It's not paranoia when they're out to get you....

Mm. Fair enough. I'll attack one of his knights, if that won't cause a problem.

I was planning on retreating up to the roof whenever I only had 1 round of intangibility left, to only come down once I could make it work again, by the way.

It most probably will, since it's a duel both sides agreed to. If you want to kill something, maybe fly away to nearest hallway and check for enemies. A level up is guaranteed after a boss is killed (at first I wanted to make it count only as one kill experience point, but this rewards boss fights better), so if Reynald survives through it, anyone watching the battle will level-up, and the knights would fall re-deaded. And then there's loot you can get from boss and his pawns...

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 05, 2017, 03:13:07 pm »

Mm. Fair enough. I'll attack one of his knights, if that won't cause a problem.

I was planning on retreating up to the roof whenever I only had 1 round of intangibility left, to only come down once I could make it work again, by the way.

It most probably will, since it's a duel both sides agreed to. If you want to kill something, maybe fly away to nearest hallway and check for enemies. A level up is guaranteed after a boss is killed (at first I wanted to make it count only as one kill experience point, but this rewards boss fights better), so if Reynald survives through it, anyone watching the battle will level-up, and the knights would fall re-deaded. And then there's loot you can get from boss and his pawns...
Ok, I'll do that. Gimme a moment to edit my action.

EDIT: It has been done.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 03:14:39 pm by Glass »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 05, 2017, 03:19:07 pm »

Even if I survive my solo part, im gonna be a few levels behind. What can I do? I kind of need twice as much xp because of my demon and im already missing a few level ups from the fight and the boss.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 166