Once Dark Rolls dies?
- 2 (28.6%)
Wouldn't sequelitis kill it?
- 0 (0%)
Obligatory joke option!
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 166

Author Topic: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - The End  (Read 167187 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us: Cooking with Rotting Chef [6/6]
« Reply #540 on: July 14, 2017, 09:42:00 am »

(I was asleep, did I miss anything? Also, I am fine with Dustan choosing who gets the loot, after all, he did kill the boss in a solo duel.)

Spoiler: Yes, you did (click to show/hide)
You didn't die, Dark One is just messing with you.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us: Cooking with Rotting Chef [6/6]
« Reply #541 on: July 14, 2017, 09:52:09 am »

(I was asleep, did I miss anything? Also, I am fine with Dustan choosing who gets the loot, after all, he did kill the boss in a solo duel.)

Spoiler: Yes, you did (click to show/hide)
You didn't die, Dark One is just messing with you.
Ok, i thougth I had actually died.  :(
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us: Rise of the Alchemist [6/6]
« Reply #542 on: July 14, 2017, 02:45:12 pm »

Turn 26

[4] Thank you, Aaron. We'd best find where everyone else is. - Jeremiah said to wanderer. Eh, I think everyone should be returning soon enough. I just need to rest for a little while. - he sat down and rested to restore his strenght. As he was resting, he felt a surge of draconic power moving through his body and plantlife started sprouting from his feet, and scales on the turned greener, with grass-like hair.

[4] After wanderer rested they went to catch up with others. On the way, exorcist put some more thought and faith into his prayers, and came up with one that should greatly increase defensive capabilities of him and his companions. The prayer of Divine Protection!

[2] Lysander proceeded to search remaind of rotting chef, but found nothing of interest. Then he looked back at the cleaver that missed him when undead thrown it. There was some strange energy coming from it. Dark, yet at the same time curiously different. Picking it up, demonologist noticed that the bent that his bolt caused on it fixed over time.

[3] Then Lysander moved back to rest of the group, thinking about that strange cleaver. Suddenly he realised that there was something demonic within it. As if a black ember or brimstone was used in it's forging. Lysander's demonic familiarity increased, and he felt that with every item of demonic origin he possessed, his power strenghtened.

[Reynald: 5, Lysander: 6] I hereby claim this book by virtue of being the only one who can read it. - demonologist said to inquisitor hiding arcane tome into his bag and managed to put his hand on the tome. At this rate Neither of you are going to have it. Not even a shred of common decency between both of you. - having more strenght, Reynald hidden the tome in his bag, breaking Lysander's grip on it first. As soon as wanderer and exorcist arrived, inquisitor commented on Aaron's appearance then asked: You look like you're developing a bit of a skin rash. Might want to get it checked out when you have a chance. Also, I'm no expert on dragons, but I know you worship them. Maybe you can put this blade to good use? Wanderer explained the cause of his appearance: Heh. It's the blessing of the Dragons, not some kind of "rash" - then looked at the flamberge and said: As for that sword... ah, yes, this here is quite nice. - then inspected the weapon further and said: Right here, mates, you're looking at the Dragonruler's Greatsword. Certainly powerful in its own right. Grants the power of the Red Dragons to any wielder of Draconic descent. Fire breath, burning weapons, the power to turn into a dragon - the fact that the Duke could harness its powers speaks wonders of his bloodline. 'Tis a shame he died. - then after a while, he asked: Anyway, I'm afraid that you won't be able to use it at its full utility. May I?

[2] Pguhyuh joined the group just when Aaron was asking for the sword, and he thought that it was a good time to ask as well: Mr Inquisitor, could I have the book please? I really need something to defend myself with undead. I can give you this sword I found in exchange. - but their requests remained without answers.

[5] Thinking about the book and powers he could possibly gain using it, his understanding of arcane magic and gamble effect it had on undead deepened and now Pguhyuh can proudly say that he reached arcane mastery on nullifying the gamble effect!

[2] The cook...is cooked. - Dennis punned after recovering from the shock, then left the kitchen and moved towards the group.

[2] When he joined them, wanderer was talking about a sword ruling dragons or something. Dennis took a nap instead of listening to boring blabber.

[4] In his sleep, he saw his own grave. Makeshift, run down and forgotten within millions of others in the apocalypse. Suddenly, he saw himself raising from the grave. Not undead, but rather alive and well, rays of sunlight shining upon him from the sky. Rise! May the duke of Height Keep return return for the second wind! - the voice from High Heavens said and Dennis woke up. He felt somewhat changed, as if an Angel of Life was watching him and waiting for a good moment to revive him should the need be.

When everyone was finally there, Lyirah got up and said: I understand that you are all trying your best, but we still haven't moved even slightly from the entry hall. I can't waste too much time, I must return underground to maintain link with my father and keep half of my powers this way, or find something that would allow me to keep up the link all the time. If it won't be a problem, I will return to Seymour for the time being.

Dennis: Rested, Second Wind
Aaron: Well rested, Green Dragon's Spirit, 4 turns cooldown for raising ents.
Jeremiah: Divine Protection
Lysander: Found Brimstone Cleaver, Demonic Familiarity - +10 damage for every demonic item possessed and +1 to rolls within demonic aura

OOC

Dustan - you haven't posted your level-up skill.

Brimstone Cleaver

A strange weapon and kitchen utensil at once, bearing demonic and dark powers within it. The weapon fixes itself over time and can't be destroyed.

Stats:
20 physical damage
10 dark damage
5 arcane damage
Fast
Stagger

This item adds following skills:
Limbhacker - if successfull, completely hacks off a limb, 4 turns cooldown
Dark cleave - an attack that gives double damage and adds +10 dark damage, 4 turns cooldown

It looks like Alchemist class will make it into the game. This, and someone felt call of Deep Ones. You may want to edit your character sheet in some time, wolfchild.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 02:59:29 pm by Dark One »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: July 14, 2017, 02:59:55 pm »

For flavor: upon claiming the Dragonruler Greatsword, Aaron's snout scales will turn red, with yellow and orange streaks being scattered across his face. EDIT2: Speaking of, take the sword.

Anyway, yes, we need to further explore the keep. EDIT3: While intangible.

The lady's right, mates; we can't exactly make this place the stronghold of civilization if we don't know what still lingers within it.

EDIT: Also, other things that I had been thinking about with the Green Dragon's Spirit had been tripping up my enemies, and doing (small) amounts of physical damage when they're touching bushes (maybe 5 every other turn, 5 every turn if it already has thorns) as well as entangling them.
And another thing, less powerful than the ents but certainly more powerful than those two things - being able to have plants grow into corpses and essentially give us plant zombies that work for us.
Overall, maybe have that have a 4 turn cooldown, have the ents take 6 turns, and have the others be constant effects (the former being a small (i.e. 1 in 6) chance to trip enemies on each turn and the latter being pretty situational).
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 09:17:13 am by Glass »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: July 14, 2017, 03:01:11 pm »

The Eastern Mountains. We could travel there Lyirah. I know you would lose your powers but we will protect youi in the way. Didnt you say your father created them with his amethyst spear? We might find something important.

Now, we need to make sure that no undead remains in this keep. We will reclaim this place from the undead.

Rest, after that search the keep for books and magical items with Smoke, have him use his super vision to find corpses and undead.
(We can make this keep our base, and we can find more stuff if we search other rooms)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: July 14, 2017, 03:11:41 pm »

EDIT: Also, other things that I had been thinking about with the Green Dragon's Spirit had been tripping up my enemies, and doing (small) amounts of physical damage when they're touching bushes (maybe 5 every other turn, 5 every turn if it already has thorns) as well as entangling them.
And another thing, less powerful than the ents but certainly more powerful than those two things - being able to have plants grow into corpses and essentially give us plant zombies that work for us.
Overall, maybe have that have a 4 turn cooldown, have the ents take 6 turns, and have the others be constant effects (the former being a small (i.e. 1 in 6) chance to trip enemies on each turn and the latter being pretty situational).

Tripping and damage done by it would be roll dependent. At 5 it could even be that a vine tangled on their legs so they'd fall on a spike that instantly sprouted out of other plant, impaling them. Those small effects already are constant effect.

Those plant-zombies have several issues though. They won't be zombies anymore, but rather plant parasite that would take control of corpses. For holy types it might be profanity even worse than body being overrun by easily banishable or destroyable forces, and it will be dangerous on low rolls. Imagine a plant parasite taking control of Reynald and forcing him to use crushing counterstrike on you.

I'll give it a chance though...

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: July 14, 2017, 03:34:43 pm »

Actually, I'd just been thinking about how powerful it is for one level-up to give me all those abilities. Maybe change it so that the plant-zombies thing is an extension of the ents part, and due to the nature of the magic, it only works on things that have been dead (completely dead, undead doesn't work) for, say, an hour. In other words, can't be used on enemies we just killed, but it could probably have worked on the "boners", had we not WoG'd them/it/I don't know how many there were.

If we waited a bit, I could probably use it on the cook.

Tl;dr: it borrows the structure of things that have been dead for a while, but is otherwise a normal ent.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 04:29:20 pm by Glass »

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: July 14, 2017, 03:43:13 pm »

I'll change it so that it can't be used on fresh corpses and only when ents are active. Also, their life-span would last half of their cooldown to prevent marching armies of the evergreen.

Added alchemist class. It has weak equipment (armor is still pretty decent for starter) and only passive skills, but no weaknesses or bonuses.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 03:45:23 pm by Dark One »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: July 14, 2017, 03:46:14 pm »

Speaking of the alch. class... think we could maybe expand the player limit to 8? Abe and Wolf could be people that we find while exploring the keep.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: July 14, 2017, 03:48:54 pm »

Speaking of the alch. class... think we could maybe expand the player limit to 8? Abe and Wolf could be people that we find while exploring the keep.

I'll think about it.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: July 14, 2017, 03:49:41 pm »

Dennis tips his rumpled hat at the goddess as she returns underground, and then follows Aaron.

"So, Blaze. You look kind of different lately."
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 05:41:37 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: July 14, 2017, 03:52:56 pm »

Heh. It's the blessing of the Dragons. I told you, they haven't left us. If you wish, I could teach you in their ways.
If you accept my teachings, I expect you to take a dragon-themed level-up ability the next time you get one.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: July 14, 2017, 03:58:07 pm »

"Ehh...I wouldn't want t' spoil my good looks, tho."

He said, picking at his unshaven beard and squinting at the extracted lice.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: July 14, 2017, 04:17:19 pm »

Yes, yes, you're very funny. The scales are only because of my bloodline; any changes to your appearance would only appear as a temporary translucent aura when you used the magicks.

EDIT: By the way, Dustan, want my old espadon? It's not the Greatsword, but it's better than the weapons you have now.
For that matter, who wants the elite knightly armor?

EDIT2: Was looking at SM's character sheet. I don't think he'll have difficulty keeping up damagewise now. :D
That being said... what kind of damage? Is it arcane? Dark? Fire? Whatever he wants it to be? Just generic damage, with no resistances to it? What kind is it?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 04:37:00 pm by Glass »

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: July 14, 2017, 04:37:38 pm »

Dennis tips his rumpled hat to the two demigods as they return underground, and then follows Aaron.

There was only demigodess. God of war stayed in the cavern.

EDIT: By the way, Dustan, want my old espadon? It's not the Greatsword, but it's better than the weapons you have now.

Actually, it is a greatsword, just not as powerful as Dragonruler. I made up it's name of real greatsword name - Spadone, though espadon in french and spanish (espadón) means swordsman.

EDIT2: Was looking at SM's character sheet. I don't think he'll have difficulty keeping up damagewise now. :D
That being said... what kind of damage? Is it arcane? Dark? Fire? Whatever he wants it to be? Just generic damage, with no resistances to it? What kind is it?

The kind of damage that weapon/skill does. He won't be able to shoot arcane bolts from Dennis' pitchfork for example, so he won't get arcane bonus when attacking with it, only physical.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 04:40:59 pm by Dark One »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 166