Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 111

Author Topic: Beginner Emblem: Call of Kovitz IC thread. The End.  (Read 79116 times)

Shogus00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Emblem: Call of Kovitz IC thread. Chapter 4: A Hidden Mine.
« Reply #1125 on: August 18, 2018, 07:51:08 pm »

Can't let anyone know what? Jackal walks up and glances at the note Oh, that. I might've figured as much. It takes a lot of guts to attack an armed caravan, and it requires planning. But also how did this little group know that mine and Grel's caravan was being attacked? Maybe this spy is working in our favor, and this was a threat? Who knows, but I might know a way to flush em out. Also before we all head to bed tonight I'd like to have a private chat with Mr Brennon, if you're available that is.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: August 18, 2018, 07:58:35 pm »

"Sure, we can talk any time."

"But in the interest of debate, it isn't hard to figure out trade routes and where to ambush them. I myself used that knowledge to plan a counter ambush - I'm sorry I didn't warn you and Grelen ahead of time, but I thought if you knew something was up the bandits might call it off. I'd hoped I could get some information out of them, but some people are stubborn even to death."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Shogus00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: August 18, 2018, 08:13:18 pm »

Ah excellent. Jackal lowers his voice
 Mr.Brennon, as you know I fancy myself a vigilante, but my efforts seem to be of naught. When we met nobody had any idea who I was or what I'd been doing. I need help. I need you. I would like to become your apprentice, if you'll teach me that is.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: August 18, 2018, 08:24:28 pm »

Vahn stepped aside slightly, leaving Anna and Seraphiel together, and beckoned the Jackal over to speak quietly together.

"Forging a legend is difficult, and takes many years. I had a head start by already being an outcast in my home country, and the reputation followed me out from the Rim. If it's what you desire, then you can join Seraphiel as one of my successors - though it might mean the two of you end up working together for a long time."

The warlock took a moment to clear his throat and exhale the smoke.

"I'll teach you both everything I know in what time I have left. So tell me: what sort of myth are you hoping to build as the Jackal? A hero to the people? A legendary archer? Or perhaps you want to walk the road I do and become fear and judgement incarnate?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Shogus00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: August 18, 2018, 09:37:48 pm »

Vahn stepped aside slightly, leaving Anna and Seraphiel together, and beckoned the Jackal over to speak quietly together.

"Forging a legend is difficult, and takes many years. I had a head start by already being an outcast in my home country, and the reputation followed me out from the Rim. If it's what you desire, then you can join Seraphiel as one of my successors - though it might mean the two of you end up working together for a long time."

The warlock took a moment to clear his throat and exhale the smoke.

"I'll teach you both everything I know in what time I have left. So tell me: what sort of myth are you hoping to build as the Jackal? A hero to the people? A legendary archer? Or perhaps you want to walk the road I do and become fear and judgement incarnate?"
Jackal took a deep breath.
I want to be the crooked man's Boogeyman. I want to be what your average murder and lowlife fear lies in the closet. If a young man considers evil, and is not repulsed by committing terrible acts, then maybe fear of my blade is what deters him. When travelers go out, I do not want them to worry of bandits and brigands, but rest at ease knowing the brigands will stay home because doing otherwise will mean being cut down by the Jackal. That is the tale I would like to tell.
Jackal turning and looked to the distance while unknowingly touching his hand to his face

I too am an Outcast, and even if I wanted too I doubt I could be a normal man once more. My family not only perished but when I was young and reckless I did something that disfigured me until I die. I'd found the man who killed my father and challenged him to a fight. I did not win. At the end my body was filled with cuts and I was coughing blood on the ground. He stuck his sword in my mouth and ripped the side of my face clear off. He then cut the tendons in my sword arm and I've been retraining myself to use my left ever since. The scars from the incident would make grown men cry aloud.

Jackal turned back
I will do anything to make sure that doesn't happen to more people. I shall no longer simply hunt bandits. I will walk this path with Seraphiel and you, if of course he does not mind. Perhaps a good first step is an introduction.
Jackal put his hand forward.
Good day, my name is Braoul Qountiel the 15th. I am the last in a long line of warriors known as the Golden Dog. The Dog died long ago and now I am simple Jackal. Some call me Jackard because it was the only name I could think of.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: August 18, 2018, 10:29:28 pm »

Vahn took his hand with a firm grip.

"I have a similar tale. I am Vahn Brannon, adopted son of Marigold Brannon, who lost her husband and daughter to illness. When I was a mere child, bandits invaded our home, killed her, cut my throat, and set our home on fire when they couldn't find the rumored treasures they were looking for. I've... long since gotten my revenge, and what kept me going is what you want: to prevent this sort of misfortune from befalling a family ever again."

He sighed and pulled his collar slightly, to show Braoul the rough scar tissue covering his neck.

"We have to accept that we'll never truly elimate lawlessness, but I can only hope that the work we do lessens the amount of suffering caused by the wicked. It's a lonely and difficult road we choose to walk, but I've thought that you can do it since we met. It's in your eyes - I recognized that same pain and loss."

"It may seem a strange and silly lesson, but the first thing I'll need to teach you both is how to make an impression. It is OK to be one way with your allies, as I am here, but you have to always project a certain image when dealing with people - especially those you hope to help. If you can't scare the average townsperson, it'll be impossible to strike fear in the hearts of the ruthless. You don't have to terrify them, but learn little things that will unsettle them."

Vahn demonstrated by lowering his head slightly and hiding his face in the shadow of his hood, so only his eyes glowed dimly in the flickering fire at the end of his cigarette. After a moment to hold the look, he exhaled the smoke and brought his head back up.

"You've already got a good look going with that bandanna. You're also foreign to this country, as I am - I suggest playing up that idea. Go for the look of a barbarian, perhaps."

Shogus00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: August 19, 2018, 12:12:27 am »

So...almost like I'm an animal? Like a vicious predator perhaps...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: August 19, 2018, 12:19:05 am »

Vahn nodded in approval.

"That's the spirit. Other ideas might include killing dangerous animals and adding parts of them to your outfit. For example, kill a bear and make his forearms into gauntlets, so that the claws rest on the back of your fingers. Maybe make a shawl out of a wolf's pelt so the head rests on your shoulder. Or, if you ever get the opportunity, perhaps a necklace of shark fangs. Things that say 'all of these animals that prey on humans, I prey on them, so what chance do you have?'"

Shogus00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: August 19, 2018, 12:23:41 am »

I see...is there anything I can do change my behavior for the common folk? I won't be hurting anyone of course but I do want people to spread my name.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: August 19, 2018, 12:30:41 am »

"The best way I've found is to keep a distance. When you get too friendly with people they'll start to think of you as 'Jackard' and not 'the Jackal'. This is fine for people you plan to work with such as myself, but you need to keep some mystery about yourself when it comes to the common people. When they don't know you, they'll try to fill in the blanks themselves, and I've found people make snap judgements."

"A shadowy look here, a hint dropped there - people will conclude, for example, you're an emissary of hell itself if you but insinuate that's true  and let the rumors spread. And if anyone asks for confirmation, the best thing to do is confirm - if the tale they're asking about is not too outlandish - or let silence speak for you - if it is."

"And, of course, it's a good idea when confronting a group of bandits to identify which one is the weakest and most cowardly - and, as much as you don't want to, spare them. The tale of their defeat can only be told by the living, after all."

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: August 19, 2018, 09:30:57 am »

The whip shines and breaks apart with the gentle touch, galvanizing Path's scales to be even further resistant to damage. The power also influences Felicia herself, stimulating both rider and mount to fight together with one heart.

Felicia promotes to Wyvern Knight!

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: August 19, 2018, 01:26:37 pm »

At some point after the ritual had finished, Jaromir had reurned to the room, and now, as Vahn and Jackard move away, the mercenary tries to get Seraphiel's attention.

"Seraphiel, could I borrow you for a moment?"
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: August 19, 2018, 03:58:24 pm »

Seraphiel looked from a distance how Jackal and Vahn quietly discussed. Jackal was strong and intimidating, and definitely had more chances at becoming his successor than him. He hadn't realized before, but now he noticed that he had been jealous of how everyone was stronger and more mature than him. But maybe it was for the best. After all, someone had to take care of the wounded.

"...Oh, sorry. I was just thinking of something. What can I help you with?"
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: August 19, 2018, 11:34:49 pm »

"I was wondering if you wouldn't mind me falling in with you when we've finished here, at least for a while.

The easterner sighs.

"To be completely honest, I wasn't thinking too much about helping people when I came here. I needed to make a lot of money, and they were paying well, so I came. That's the way it's been for a while, when I wasn't dodging debt collectors."

He glances towards Vahn and Jackard.

"And then I ran into guys like you, and those two over there. That woke me up a little bit, and I'd like to give back. I'm not cut out for the life of the lone vigilante, but I could at least add my sword arm for a while.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: August 20, 2018, 04:42:45 am »

"I was actually starting to consider not joining the army when this was over myself, maybe stick with you guys, or at least you Serpahiel."

She looks arround

"Stuff like this, the Army either ignores or doesn't care about until it's already huge and has claimed many lives already."

She looks at her feet.

"How Will I break it to my father though."
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 05:21:09 am by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 111