Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 111

Author Topic: Beginner Emblem: Call of Kovitz IC thread. The End.  (Read 79122 times)

Shogus00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Emblem: Call of Kovitz IC thread. Chapter 5: An All-Out Assault.
« Reply #1455 on: November 30, 2018, 08:10:00 pm »

Okay then, I have 1/3 of a vulnerary left and Anna's got 2/3s so someone can just carry both of those and get the same effect, and Naziri has full Vulnerary as well. So that's 6 vunls to buy at 300 gold a pop...so 1800 gold in total. That leaves us with 1965 gold for weapons for me and Felicia. Exactly enough for both a Killing Edge and Steel Throwing Axe! Does that sound good to you, Felica?

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: November 30, 2018, 08:13:50 pm »

"Oh, I hope you at least have some time to talk with us. Can we go inside?"
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: December 01, 2018, 01:17:52 am »

"If we're lucky, Theodor's pulled some out for the fighting that we can buy."

"As for weapons, if we have the money, I'll trade in the iron club that I bought last time and buy a steel one, or maybe an axe. The iron one doesn't seem to do much better than my sword."
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: December 01, 2018, 06:41:44 am »

: Yes, I have a few minutes...

Domenico went inside with Seraphiel and Vahn.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: December 01, 2018, 07:35:10 pm »

"Thanks, Domenico. I'll try to make this quick. You're the only healer I know about in Kovitz and I need your help and knowledge of healing."

"...Vahn, I need you to tell us everything about your illness and wounds. If you help us, we might find a solution to this together. I know might not be experienced enough and that you have tried many things before, but I won't give up."
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: December 02, 2018, 12:54:12 am »

Vahn sighed, lowered his hood, and quietly stubbed out his roll-up.

"I don't know what to say. I'm old. My muscles aren't as strong as they once were, my joints are swollen and stiff. I can't cast with the same proficiency I used to because my mind isn't as sharp. I've lost more weight than is healthy. I'm in so much pain that I can't even get out of bed in the morning without poisoning myself."

He looked at the object in question.

"And this poison is addictive. If I don't take it, my hands shake so bad I can barely hold anything. I sweat and my blood runs cold. I can't sleep no matter how tired I get. My stomach cramps and I can barely eat."

Vahn sighed.

"The only good thing this does is make the pain go away so I can function like a normal human being, but it's taking more and more of it to do so as time goes on. Aside from all that, there are times I simply struggle to breathe, or it feels like my heart isn't beating the way it ought to - sometimes too slow, sometimes too fast. I think the real problem is I've just pushed my body too hard for too long and like a candle burning at both ends I'm just... running out of life."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Lyca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: December 02, 2018, 02:25:20 pm »

Anna returned from the shop to the remaining group.

The shop sells better potions now. They cost a bit more than double of our vulneraries, but they would be way more potent.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: December 03, 2018, 05:15:37 am »

Okay then, I have 1/3 of a vulnerary left and Anna's got 2/3s so someone can just carry both of those and get the same effect, and Naziri has full Vulnerary as well. So that's 6 vunls to buy at 300 gold a pop...so 1800 gold in total. That leaves us with 1965 gold for weapons for me and Felicia. Exactly enough for both a Killing Edge and Steel Throwing Axe! Does that sound good to you, Felica?

"Sure, next best thing to a hammer for taking out armoured knights for me, thanks for figuring that out but are we sure the others are fine?"
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: December 03, 2018, 11:32:56 am »

"...I see. I know you're old, but..."

"But even if I can't give you more time, at least I should try to stop the pain. Old age is just one of the many causes, and I know that you have been hiding many scars and old wounds. When was the last time you went with a real doctor or healer? Also, all those herbs are just making things worse for you, I'm sure of it! I'll find a way to stop the pain and you won't need those things again! Then I'll kill every bandit in the world so you don't have to push yourself so much, and..!"

"I... I won't lose hope. I just can't give up. You deserve a second chance, and I'm willing to anything for that. It's just not fair..."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: December 03, 2018, 11:56:10 am »

"You're a good kid, Seraphiel."

"People like you are what's made this life of mine worth it."

"So don't worry too much about me. I might be paying for being a reckless young man, but it's just pain. I'll deal with it."

He slipped his hood back on.

"Besides, I don't have much of a choice. This herb only grows in Gahnawende. I have enough left for a day, maybe two at the rate I'm running through it. After we take down Magruder... one way or another, I'm going to have to find something else."
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 11:57:58 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: December 03, 2018, 01:10:25 pm »

Seraphiel sighs upon seeing Vahn light another of his blend of herbs.

"...At least promise me that you will find a decent doctor once this is over. I mean, we don't know if whatever you have can't be cured. We haven't even tried anything yet."

"This is also why I brought you here. Domenico, you know way more about healing than me. Is there something you could do to help Vahn? Anything, please."

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: December 04, 2018, 02:08:03 pm »

Domenico was silent and somber until Seraphiel directly addressed him.

: Hmm... Vahn is most definitely older than I am, and I am no warrior too... I believe that he knows better about the toll his life has taken on his body.

Then Domenico stood up slightly straighter, looking at Vahn eye to eye.

: But maybe it is not the body what is failing. I don't mean to say that your conscience is weighing you down, but maybe... your mind has wounds that haven't healed, and after decades of constant revenge on evildoers and neglecting yourself, the wounds on your mind is starting to seriously reflect on your body.

After a deep breath, Domenico continued.

: Unfortunately... just as there is no magic that heals natural damage to the body, there is no quick way to help with that. Theodor has a good variety of herbs, if nothing else... he could provide you with a similar blend.

Shogus00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: December 04, 2018, 02:16:43 pm »

"Sure, next best thing to a hammer for taking out armoured knights for me, thanks for figuring that out but are we sure the others are fine?"

I'm sure we'll be alright. If we need more I'll sell my weapons to pay for it. Jackal buys a Killing Edge, Steel Throwing Axe and as many concoctions as he can afford

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: December 04, 2018, 02:19:20 pm »

Vahn blew out a few smoke rings meditatively.

"...Could be. I'm no expert, just an apprentice botanist at best. And never could afford a doctor, either."

He had gotten paid for his services over the years, but those had always immediately went back into whatever community he had saved by paying for repairs, new tomes, food, and whatever else he needed before he moved on. He hadn't saved a dime.

"No rest for the wicked, huh, Domenico? Even after we deal with Magruder I've got people to train and a habit to kick, probably at the same time. And after that, who knows?"

"The best thing we can do for both myself and Kovitz is clear out Magruder, and then I'll move on. As nice as it would be to have a place to rest for awhile, if word got out that I was weak and vulnerable here... there'd just be another Magruder. A lot of people want to kill me for a lot of reasons. So I have to keep going."

Lyca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: December 04, 2018, 02:30:49 pm »

My javelin has taken a massive toll during the previous battle, and I'm afraid it might break at the most inconvenient moment. I want to buy a 2nd one, if the funds allow it.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 111