Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 291765 times)

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD
« Reply #135 on: September 03, 2017, 03:03:10 pm »

EDIT: Option A we may be pretty shitty but we should at least be honest about it when possible.

I was about to ask how my later suggestion could even be used but then the thread caught up.

I suggest we leave him on the South Georgia Islands, (assuming they're mostly abandoned in this world as well) it would be a good show of the empires "mercy and benevolence" which will help immensely with PR in discrediting further heroics.

EDIT: also the point of tossing in gas canisters, in my eyes but I've been to blind and confuse them, for just long enough that they could be safely apprehended.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 03:05:19 pm by Paxiecrunchle »

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 03, 2017, 03:04:41 pm »

Exile him to the wilderness... to the Australian wilderness. If he's not dead in a week, have him quietly assassinated, set up to look like an attack by the local wildlife.

He's currently in Brazil... so that means leaving him on a boat for a week. Do you really want to do that?

I was about to ask how my later suggestion could even be used but then the thread caught up.

I suggest we leave him on the South Georgia Islands, (assuming they're mostly abandoned in this world as well) it would be a good show of the empires "mercy and benevolence" which will help immensely with PR in discrediting further heroics.

EDIT: also the point of tossing in gas canisters, in my eyes but I've been to blind and confuse them, for just long enough that they could be safely apprehended.

That's true. What with modern steamboats optimized for operation between Antarctica and Brazil (our largest subject country) we'll get there in around a day.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 03:06:31 pm by blueturtle1134 »
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 03, 2017, 03:06:30 pm »

Wait, we're in Brazil?
When did this happen?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 03, 2017, 03:07:05 pm »

Wait, we're in Brazil?
When did this happen?

I specified "A continent with lush forests in the southern hemisphere, near Antarctica". It ain't called Brazil, but it is.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 03, 2017, 03:07:54 pm »

Ah.
I'd missed that part...

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 03, 2017, 03:08:45 pm »

I'd recommend not editing posts, to avoid further simultaneous problems. Either that, or get a discord.

Well, what's it gonna be?

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 03, 2017, 03:11:04 pm »

Sorry for the almost  doublepost but I think I had a better idea:

Wait, let's do a bit of A and B, question him before we exile him, with the promise of being given more survival equipment the more he blabs.

Afterall amnesty and exile was only promised to those who surrendered if I recall correctly.( I still recommend the south Georgia islands)

I'll try not to edit posts further, but making new posts should work fine right?

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 03, 2017, 03:13:57 pm »

Sorry for the almost  doublepost but I think I had a better idea:

Wait, let's do a bit of A and B, question him before we exile him, with the promise of being given more survival equipment the more he blabs.

Afterall amnesty and exile was only promised to those who surrendered if I recall correctly.( I still recommend the south Georgia islands)

I'll try not to edit posts further, but making new posts should work fine right?

Well, you get a warning if you're ninja'd by a new post, but not for edits. That's what counts.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 03, 2017, 09:57:53 pm »

I say we do A but alter it.

During trip to islands we have a female Cherubim on board (youth trooper/legion code as they keep their youthful looks as kids or teens. Any how)

Have our agent befriend him. Due to being female and genetically perfect. If he fell for some rebellious tramp. This will be easy.

Keep him occupied during trip to island and leave him. Maybe give the two radios to still be friendly, possibly get info, and ambush via cyber hounds, or her via bare hands when no longer useful. ( Keep in mind she cannot fall in love with him. As she is psycho surged, we control what feelings she has. So ha! And sure has loop holes. But a perfect overlord reign is well. Boring to rule the world.)

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 03, 2017, 10:10:37 pm »

During trip to islands we have a female Cherubim on board (youth trooper/legion code as they keep their youthful looks as kids or teens. Any how)

Have our agent befriend him. Due to being female and genetically perfect. If he fell for some rebellious tramp. This will be easy.

Keep him occupied during trip to island and leave him. Maybe give the two radios to still be friendly, possibly get info, and ambush via cyber hounds, or her via bare hands when no longer useful. ( Keep in mind she cannot fall in love with him. As she is psycho surged, we control what feelings she has. So ha! And sure has loop holes. But a perfect overlord reign is well. Boring to rule the world.)

Not genetically perfect, just really souped up with genetic modifications. I'd say around 250% the strength of a regular human? Good looks were not in the brochure, but it didn't hurt their appearance either.

Cybernetic linking doesn't control emotion. She might still fall for him. But she's disallowed from having any rebellious thoughts against the Empire - she would really care about him, and think he's making a mistake - she'll try her best to turn him.

It's just that some poor sap at the control center is going to have to sit through all her mushy gushy emotions... ugh.

And he might still be falling for said rebellious tramp. His dialogue is almost up, then you can question him a bit more then release him as specified by Tyrant.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 03, 2017, 10:17:15 pm »

I feel like this is made of terrible ideas.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 03, 2017, 10:20:19 pm »

I feel like this is made of terrible ideas.

Well, why? Preying on emotions too unreliable? Or too cliched?

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 03, 2017, 10:24:48 pm »

Not genetically perfect, just really souped up with genetic modifications. I'd say around 250% the strength of a regular human? Good looks were not in the brochure, but it didn't hurt their appearance either.

Cybernetic linking doesn't control emotion. She might still fall for him. But she's disallowed from having any rebellious thoughts against the Empire - she would really care about him, and think he's making a mistake - she'll try her best to turn him.

It's just that some poor sap at the control center is going to have to sit through all her mushy gushy emotions... ugh.

And he might still be falling for said rebellious tramp. His dialogue is almost up, then you can question him a bit more then release him as specified by Tyrant.

Then no. Hell to the no. Trying to turn him means showing him mercy and I realize the folly that this is the material of modern day young adult fiction. :Shoots plan out of a cannon into the sun.: Too many cliches.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 03, 2017, 10:36:39 pm »

Then no. Hell to the no. Trying to turn him means showing him mercy and I realize the folly that this is the material of modern day young adult fiction. :Shoots plan out of a cannon into the sun.: Too many cliches.

Realize that the cliches are going to win this no matter what you do. Cool idea while it lasted.

And realize, she's totally banned from having rebellious thoughts. You order her to kill him, it'll get done.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 03, 2017, 10:40:47 pm »

The captive's name is Jacob Edlin. He gives us the names of all the major players:

• Jacob Edlin, himself. Reluctantly there, slightly shortish, moved from Antarctica a few years ago. Fell into this entire thing when he followed Anna to a meeting, after which he got dragged to the governor's office on pain of death.
  • Anna Drimoxi, blond, kinda short, who got dragged into all this by her father around 2 years ago, and who both boys in La Group have a not-so-subtle crush on.
  • Samael "Sam" Drimoxi, your textbook older gentleman and political fanatic, claims (with some validity) to be descended from the original rulers of Alternate Brazil, been covertly planning this for over 20 years, is really mad at the government for various reasons.
  • Andrew "A. C." Calvin, popular, tall, wears his hair in a ridiculous slick, slightly cruel and callous, joined the rebellion a few months ago for various political reasons of his own.

He also goes ahead and confirms that they know about the properties of Andantesite, and are planning to destabilize the wormhole in the capital with it.

Anything specific you want to ask him? Give me exact quotes.

NEXT STORY POST
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 02:50:00 pm by blueturtle1134 »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 203