Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 291925 times)

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Chapter II: Ice and Fire
« Reply #1065 on: January 06, 2018, 07:18:57 pm »

I'm down for rebels. If we set off a few large smoke bombs  on bridges, perhaps even an empty government office somewhere, and get some visibility going, then people will talk about it. We of course refuse to comment on it, but someone leaks the info of rebel attacks to the press. We increase security, advise people to stock up on food, medicine, and water and then advise people stay in their homes for the next few days until we can be sure all the "bombs" are disarmed. Easy cover, almost no danger to infrastructure, and if we keep the press far enough away, little chance to be caught lying.

Wow.

Just wow.

You found a way to utilize mass panic.

You might actually win this thing.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: January 06, 2018, 09:06:13 pm »

Dice will now be rolled on quarantining the people identified by David as carriers (he provided a list) as well as cataloging our supply of medications against the bioweapon.

Oh, and I should mention - symptoms show on Day 5. That’s what David saw. The agent may well be out already.

Spoiler: Dice (click to show/hide)

The quarantine doesn't work.

By the time Celling sends people to prevent the carriers from moving about, most have already started on their journeys - journeys that David predicted would hasten the spread of the bioweapon considerably.

Stock has been taken of our food and medical supplies. All hospitals in the area have supplies of antivirals predicted to be effective against the virus by David Eborrenial, but they can’t be distributed ahead of time without alerting the populace to the crisis. We don’t have nearly enough for an outbreak of this magnitude. The situation is similar with food. We have a strategic stockpile to distribute in cases of disaster, but it can’t handle full-scale societal breakdown.

In the morning, there’s a fellow looking for Madeline Merrowitz.

Fredrik Boonering is a tall, fat man, and he sits down in the meeting room with a thump. “You may have noticed the activities of a certain group called the Children of the Shrubbery lately,” he said in a matter-of-fact way.

“So we did,” said Merrowitz evenly.

“What you may not know is that it’s a scam. Run by me. With the help of this.” He raised his right hand, in which he held a odd triangular-shaped block of black metal. It has curious grooves and notches all along it, with two finger holes and a grip on one side, and two curved tendril-like bars sticking out of it. Boonering’s thumb rests on one A red gem is embedded in the center, pulsing with malevolent red light.

“The Key of Taloc,” he says, with a tone of reverence ringing in his voice. “An ancient artifact with considerable powers of mental manipulation. It allows the bearer to control and distort the perceptions of those around him in several extremely significant ways. I use it to perform the feats and miracles needed to keep my people in line.”

“That thing’s a psychic weapon?” Celling shouts.

“It is indeed. Surprising how easy it is to start a cult when you can see and change the thoughts of all your followers.”

“That’s what took out Davis,” Merrowitz states, her voice somewhat tinged with fear.

“Yes.”

“So why are you talking to us now?” she demands.

“I saw how you handled that attack,” says Boonering. “You directed the blame onto the individual, thus allowing both you and my cult to save face and claim to be hunting down a lone terrorist. That was an intelligent move. I propose an alliance. We both want the same thing, control of the world and all the power that comes with it. We could help each other in considerable ways.”
“I am afraid you misunderstand me, Boonering,” Merrowitz said. “I do not want to rule the world. Only to see it joined in everlasting peace and harmony.”

Boonering laughed. “But wouldn’t that be so much easier with someone like me at your side?”

“It would,” Merrowitz agreed, “but…”

“Don’t think you can betray me,” Boonering cautioned. “I can see all your thoughts, and I could eviscerate the minds of everyone in this facility with but a second’s attention.”

“I do not take well to being threatened,” Merrowtiz replied.

“Learn,” Boonering said in return.

Merrowitz sighed, then turned to Celling. “What do you think?”

Your response?

A: “We’ll take your offer. Let’s get to work.” (SAN -4)
B: “I think we should give it some thought. We’ll definitely consider it, Mr. Boonering. (SAN -2)
C: “We can’t trust you and you’re too dangerous to be left alone. Everyone, open fire!” (SAN -4)

(No INF cost this time. This decision is completely on your head.)

Sanity check

Started a new plot arc: Sanity +8%

Sanity: 96%
Influence: 98%
Fame: +0
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: January 06, 2018, 09:59:56 pm »

On discord, Two votes for C have come in from Glass and Roboson. I will accept votes in this forum for the next day.

This is a big decision, guys. All hands on deck.

The question - Side with the psychic weapon wielding con-man, or shoot him and take it for ourselves?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: January 06, 2018, 11:18:19 pm »

Just so you guys know, new decision: we show this fucker the fourth wall. I mean, Celling's here; we can easily push that info through before he realizes just how much fuck-all we just unleashed on his head.

Either we own him, or we break him. Either way, we get the artifact without the risk.

Furthermore, as soon as he breaks (well, rather, as soon as we send the Brown Note Fourth Wall info), we unload a nice quantity of BLAM into his head.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 11:48:29 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: January 06, 2018, 11:21:11 pm »

But if we do that, we won't get a new character and we lose out on the true prize here.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: January 07, 2018, 12:14:47 am »

Ok, current plan: Celling mind-blasts this dude with the 4th wall and also shoots him, and everyone else just shoots him.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: January 07, 2018, 12:46:41 am »

There's been a lot of discussion on discord, but here's the long and short - Glass and Roboson vote we beat the carp outta Boonering.

Anyone have a problem with that?

(Please post just to show you're here)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: January 07, 2018, 12:58:46 am »

I support it.

Can't let him keep the psychic thingy.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: January 07, 2018, 11:47:01 am »

Pretty clear that we’re not getting any more votes.

At that moment, another officer walks into the room. “He’s lying,”

“Senior Strategic Advisor Roboson,” Merrowitz says, surprised. “What did you just say?”

“The fat man just said he can eviscerate your brains in a moment?” the SSA says. “He’s lying. Through his teeth. I just went and did the research. We have records on the Key of Taloc. It’s one shot at a time, and it takes time and concentration to fire.” He paused for breath. “Which is why I’m going to do this.”

Roboson draws his gun and shoots Boonering.

Special Event: Suddenly RTD

We are now doing a RTD with each person playing as one character. Post anything that you can do to try and stop Boonering / Steal the Key of Taloc

Everyone’s post will be taken as the action of the random officer standing in the room that they are controlling. Roboson gets Strategist Roboson, Glass gets Wenton Celling. The rest of you will get a nameless mook when/if you show up.

Don’t automatically go “shoot him” - there’s also an intercom box, a table, several chairs, and two doors in this room. Ask about other stuff and ye shall receive.

Glass and Roboson have already told me their choices in Discord:

Glass: Attempt to hit Boonering with the fourth-wall knowledge

[3] - Partial success

Wenton Celling mentally condenses the information of the fourth wall into a single, stunning blow, and waits for Boonering to scan his mind.

He does, though it’s only a passing look. He views Celling’s thoughts for just long enough to get a single, nice glimpse of the incomprehensible immensity of the fourth wall.

The view stuns him, but he breaks the link before he can really see what it is.

Roboson: Shoot Boonering

[3] - Partial success

Roboson’s bullet grazes Boonering’s arm.

He yelps in pain.

Maximum Spin, Omada, and anyone else that cares to drop in: STATE YOUR ATTACKS!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: January 07, 2018, 11:59:22 am »

"Someone, get the parrot!"

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: January 07, 2018, 12:04:14 pm »

You can intercom-call the parrot, I guess.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: January 07, 2018, 12:20:27 pm »

(1. for the fake rebel uprising stuff idea, NICE JOB, You went as far as I could think, and hey, I went to destroy my stomach with alcohol for one night and you guys got very nice ideas here)

You can intercom-call the parrot, I guess.

I think he want's someone control the parrot, or it is for a random mook to protect the parrot?

If the parrot is present : shield him (altought it's better for him to bombard this guys mind with his unique mind and vision of the hammerspace

if not, throw something of the table (a plate/box/vase of flowers/sand/parrot poop) on his eyes

[Think fast officer omada, taking the gun will take too long BLIND HIM]
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 12:25:43 pm by omada »
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: January 07, 2018, 12:33:33 pm »

if not, throw something of the table (a plate/box/vase of flowers/sand/parrot poop) on his eyes

[2] - Failure

Sergeant Omada, realizing that the enemy has to be blinded, picks up the vase of flowers on the table and hits Boonering over the head with it.

Unfortunately, while the Key of Taloc is an ancient psychic weapon, it's also a big block of hard metal... and Boonering swings it up, deflecting the vase and shattering it.

"MY VASE!" Merrowitz shouts.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: January 07, 2018, 12:46:12 pm »

Smoke and Mirrors tells me on Discord to comment on how unlikely it is the parrot will come poop in people’s eyes.

[6] - Gone horribly right

The intern, who goes by Smoke and Mirrors, tries to summon the parrot using cliche knowledge by going, “Gee, I’m sure the parrot won’t come poop in our eyes now.”

It works!

It works very well!

The parrot poops in everyone’s eyes.

You all are now blinded. All rolls get -1, except 1 and 6 stay as they are, and if you attack, the attack is directed at a random person - likely your team. Wears off in 1 turn.

On the plus side, you have the parrot. And Boonering can’t cast any line-of-sight spells this turn.

Waiting for Maximum Spin.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: January 07, 2018, 12:50:40 pm »

"This is why you're not supposed to tempt fate, damnit!
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 203