Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 290706 times)

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Chapter II: Ice and Fire: David Must Go
« Reply #1455 on: May 02, 2018, 01:20:09 pm »

EDIT: Wait yes we need to do this. The laws of comedy decree that if we do that, it’ll turn out that we coincidentally picked the boat the rebels are on, and there’ll be a long stretch of awkward silence as we steadily move away from any point where one of our groups could leave.

1: I've already decided which boat they'll go to and 2: Now that you've told me of this plan, I can begin planning around it.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: May 02, 2018, 01:23:51 pm »

Ok. Where’s the long boat option, in that case?

EDIT: Also *slaps you all with a gamethreadhubplace*
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 01:25:54 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: May 02, 2018, 01:35:26 pm »

Ok. Where’s the long boat option, in that case?

The Long Boat is on the opposite side of the dock. It's a passenger ship thing. I didn't think you'd want to mess with it.

EDIT: Also *slaps you all with a gamethreadhubplace*

Yeah, Glass joined an arms race game and is now realizing that he's the only person on his team so he's trying to shovel people in.

To be fair it's a pretty bad game... no clear systems, no overarching themes, no ongoing plots, no interesting motivations...
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: May 02, 2018, 01:59:15 pm »

I assure you all, it's better than Blue is trying to imply it is.

Or at least, it has promise to be as such. It isn't much yet, largely because we're only just starting turn 2 and the teams don't have enough people yet.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: May 02, 2018, 02:58:16 pm »

I assure you all, it's better than Blue is trying to imply it is.

Or at least, it has promise to be as such. It isn't much yet, largely because we're only just starting turn 2 and the teams don't have enough people yet.

OP of core thread gives no elaboration but a vague sense that some was there but was moved away. Links badly formatted and left in url format with carrots and labels below them (why not use text links? or colons or stuff?) There's no discussion of the mechanics or theme of this game, and those hints that are there seem useless and arbitrary. Why are we limited to 600 people? We start out with 600 perfectly skilled workers and we can't grow our population at all? Something seems wrong with that. Why the random +100 for child labor? Is that something he anticipates we'll try? And allies? Why can we only have one ally at a time? This limit seems unjustified, unwieldy and arbitrary! What about battle animals or robots? Why does he just throw them out there? He says there's a roll system but doesn't mention what it is. He says combat mechanics are not standard but doesn't say what they are. "Generation no longer needed?" What generation? Are later players supposed to miss something that earlier ones had? "Time lapse they grow?" Time lapses are a photography technique. Now I get that he meant "as time lapses" but then, how much time? And on top of that all the spelling, grammar, and formatting errors. Random things capitalized? Labels with carrots pointing to URLs instead of text links?

I mean, I might be whaling on a new GM a bit too much. It's not as if the early days of my game were any better Actually, one of the few things I'm proud of is that from the start SPAMOVERLORD has been really clear and organized. But still, I don't have much right to judge.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: May 02, 2018, 03:54:24 pm »

First off: yes, there was better information in the OP at the start. I do t really know why it was removed and agree that that was pretty dumb.

The allies thing is about being able to share stat and "treasure" bonuses. You can still cooperate with other groups, and from what I've heard there will be ways to set up larger alliances in the future.

600 people + 100 children is the starting population. They're not perfectly skilled; the skills your group has are determined by your group's stats, which was part of the OP that was disappeared. And yes, there are people using child labor. Most of us have it to a degree.

The population grows over time given that you can feed them, and you can recover more people from cryosleep.

Tyrant Leviathan has some kind of problem with autocorrect in literally all of their messages, so yeah, sometimes you need to look at the context and figure out what they meant to say. It's not generally particularly difficult.

Most things are based on a roll of a D20, on what is essentially a roll-under system involving the applicable stat. Combat is done with contested rolls (unlike almost everything else), and has more modifiers (equipment, strategies, etc.), generally from stuff in the Arms Race section of the game.

Have I answered your questions and concerns?

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: May 02, 2018, 04:07:09 pm »

First off: yes, there was better information in the OP at the start. I do t really know why it was removed and agree that that was pretty dumb.

The allies thing is about being able to share stat and "treasure" bonuses. You can still cooperate with other groups, and from what I've heard there will be ways to set up larger alliances in the future.

600 people + 100 children is the starting population. They're not perfectly skilled; the skills your group has are determined by your group's stats, which was part of the OP that was disappeared. And yes, there are people using child labor. Most of us have it to a degree.

The population grows over time given that you can feed them, and you can recover more people from cryosleep.

Tyrant Leviathan has some kind of problem with autocorrect in literally all of their messages, so yeah, sometimes you need to look at the context and figure out what they meant to say. It's not generally particularly difficult.

Most things are based on a roll of a D20, on what is essentially a roll-under system involving the applicable stat. Combat is done with contested rolls (unlike almost everything else), and has more modifiers (equipment, strategies, etc.), generally from stuff in the Arms Race section of the game.

Have I answered your questions and concerns?

Yes. Where the hell did that OP information go?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: May 02, 2018, 04:11:37 pm »

*shrug*

It was a rundown of possible leader skills, the stats (which got explained later), a list of weapons, armor, and vehicles (which got copied to a letter part of the thread), a rundown of the Treasures (which needs to get put down again), the three laws that needed to get made at the start (how trials work, what to do with the dead, and whether children work and how much), and a guide to making your group's religion. The other possible leader skills and the other Treasures are the only things that still need to get put back into the thread.

(The reason I think the other possible leader skills need to get put back in is because other players can also get their own characters, who get to have two of the skills.)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 04:13:13 pm by Glass »

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: May 02, 2018, 04:14:33 pm »

(The reason I think the other possible leader skills need to get put back in is because other players can also get their own characters, who get to have two of the skills.)

Not even that. Other people would like to understand what's going on if they join a team.

But either way. Your opinions on the boat problem?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: May 02, 2018, 04:16:15 pm »

Small boat. If they're on it, they're on it. If they're not on it, we've got a good chase vehicle.

In other words, C.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: May 02, 2018, 04:37:23 pm »

C, although it's a bit suspicious you didn't mention the long boat at the start
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: May 02, 2018, 04:48:36 pm »

There's no invisible text in any of Blue's posts. Pretty sure they're legit.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: May 02, 2018, 04:50:52 pm »

There's no invisible text in any of Blue's posts. Pretty sure they're legit.

Well, look who's gotten worse at finding invisible text.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: May 02, 2018, 04:53:18 pm »

I highlighted them all.

Unless the (perfectly comprehensible) things that you said before were somehow in code, there wasn't anything you said.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 04:59:23 pm by Glass »

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: May 02, 2018, 05:14:32 pm »

I highlighted them all.

Unless the (perfectly comprehensible) things that you said before were somehow in code, there wasn't anything you said.

You highlighted them all but that is not enough. This will stump you for a while, but I promise, added content with one of the posts that is not visible by browsing the forums in a normal manner.

I'll give ya a hint - I know that you're looking at the forum directly instead of using email notifications now.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 203