Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 290708 times)

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Chapter II: Ice and Fire: Dockbuilders aren't stupid
« Reply #1635 on: June 23, 2018, 09:58:43 am »

You have chosen to tell the dogs to chase Jacob
htaed oreh sesuac latsyrc gnitoohs
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

The dogs run after Jacob while the Cherubs start blasting away at Anna and Julia with armor-integrated machine guns. The girls roll and dodge the bullets, splashes of sand rising all around them. Julia shoots back with fire and Anna tries to stab the Cherubs, but both just roll off their armor.

The dogs have more luck. One bites Jacob in his leg, sinking her teeth into his flesh. He screams and goes down to his knees. The other one pushes him to the ground and positions her teeth over his neck. One of them barks something at Celling.

Celling gets the message. “Stop or Jacob dies!” he translates.

The rebels stop and look at Jacob, then turn back to look up and slowly raise their hands above their heads. Anna is still clutching the bright-green chunk of Andantesite in one hand, and the control amulet in the other.

Fansworth rushes up to Celling. “They’re surrendering?” he asks in a hushed tone.

“Yes,” Celling answers.

“Well, we have a decent shot now,” he continues. “With snipers or masers. We could kill them right now”

What do you do?
A: Shoot the rebels
B: Deactivate the Andantesite
C: Shoot the Andantesite
D: Have them pulled up and detained (give the order you want them pulled up)
E: Order the dog to kill Jacob
F: Something else…
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 10:01:16 am by blueturtle1134 »
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: June 23, 2018, 11:34:39 am »

D.

"Pull up and handcuff the rebels - hands behind their back, not in front - and remove all their weapons. We'll take the Andantesite and deactivate it safely, so that nobody else is hurt and the dock is kept undamaged. David, I want Julia's powers neutralized, if you can do that. If not, just let us know if she's going to try anything."
"Jacob, Anna, Julia, so long as you cooperate, you will not be harmed, but if you attempt to take action to escape or attack us, we will respond in kind. I will say this again, we would rather nobody get hurt here. Am I understood?"
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 11:36:13 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: June 23, 2018, 11:36:06 am »

D.

"Handcuff the rebels - hands behind their back, not in front - and remove all their weapons. We'll take the Andantesite and deactivate it safely, so that nobody else is hurt and the dock is kept undamaged. David, I want Julia's powers neutralized, if you can do that. If not, just let us know if she's going to try anything."
"Jacob, Anna, Julia, so long as you cooperate, you will not be harmed, but if you attempt to take action to escape or attack us, we will respond in kind. I will say this again, we would rather nobody get hurt here. Am I understood?"
That feels optimistic but I don't have any better idea

Edit: Wait a second, it was a five man band, where are the other 2?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 11:38:12 am by Rockeater »
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: June 23, 2018, 11:40:39 am »

D.

"Handcuff the rebels - hands behind their back, not in front - and remove all their weapons. We'll take the Andantesite and deactivate it safely, so that nobody else is hurt and the dock is kept undamaged. David, I want Julia's powers neutralized, if you can do that. If not, just let us know if she's going to try anything."
That feels optimistic but I don't have any better idea

Edit: Wait a second, it was a five man band, where are the other 2?

We captured them last year.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: June 23, 2018, 11:40:45 am »

They may be faking a surrender, of course - Blue did say that he rolled for a random one of the 36 Stratagems to have the rebels use - but I don't much care. We're being given an opportunity and I'm taking it.

In the grand scheme of things, we both want Padel out and the Southern "Republic" made more reasonable. If we could change this from a teen rebel novel to a political thriller, everything would go so much better. We have the legitimacy to help them get their message across in a way that doesn't involve terrorism.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: June 23, 2018, 11:45:57 am »

How big is the rebels group?
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: June 23, 2018, 11:50:04 am »

If we could change this from a teen rebel novel to a political thriller, everything would go so much better.

But things don't always go well, do they?

At any rate, you don't get to decide the genre. The framework is there, you can only manipulate tropes by going along with it.

How big is the rebels group?

Rebels:

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: June 23, 2018, 11:58:40 am »

I can't see it become a political thriler, not if those reels stay sagnificant, they don't have enough political power or connection to be somethingbeside being someone's agents, it's defently a trap, we should separete them as much as possible in the first shot we have.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: June 23, 2018, 11:59:24 am »

We should go With D

put then on separate trucks, and wait if David manages to neutralize them for the next step of my suggestion

execute them without warning, handcuffed and stuff

let's see how well the fourth wall will handle a game over

if david can't neutralize her we will have to play along. put them on different high security prisons drinking frog's serum
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: June 23, 2018, 12:33:23 pm »

I can't see it become a political thriler, not if those reels stay sagnificant, they don't have enough political power or connection to be somethingbeside being someone's agents, it's defently a trap, we should separete them as much as possible in the first shot we have.
The rebels themselves don't have the clout.
But Erin does, and Celling will.
After all, the former is the royal scientist, who was a huge part of putting the Republic where it is today in terms of its scientific advancement - and in case you forgot, we have basically modern, or at least 1900s-era, tech before the world has even been circumnavigated.
Celling, meanwhile, is a fairly high-ranking military officer who will be known as the man that finally captured the last rebel agents who did so much damage.

Yes, we should separate the prisoners once we have the opportunity to. Practical considerations are important.

If we could change this from a teen rebel novel to a political thriller, everything would go so much better.

But things don't always go well, do they?

At any rate, you don't get to decide the genre. The framework is there, you can only manipulate tropes by going along with it.
We don't get to decide the genre. But stories can and do change genres. For this specific situation, the Legend Trilogy comes to mind, where the characters start out as rebels and later turn to working to fix the system in a less-violent manner.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: June 23, 2018, 12:38:46 pm »

Well, I need to read what happend one day, and in this case, why aren't we controling south america at least?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: June 23, 2018, 02:23:09 pm »

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT; We need to make Padelheb and all his fuckery known to the rebels so that he's the Big Bad in the story, rather than seeing Erin and Celling as that. If we do that, then the narrative becomes nearly forced to work in our favor.
The problem: Blue knows this, and is going to try to remove Padelheb somehow to prevent this from happening. However, once Padel is the Big Bad, Blue won't be able to do this. So we need to make this information known as quickly as possible.
Does everyone understand? We have an opportunity to show the rebels that there's someone else above Celling, above Erin, someone who's a much bigger problem. Or maybe we don't have it rigbt now, but we'll likely have it soon. When it arrives, we need to take it.

EDIT: Additional stuff. Plague, while taking place soon, A. is in fact Padel's fault, and B. is going to be worked as a PR thing where Padel gets credit for getting the cure distributed.
So, we need to distribute it first, while also distributing he information that he plague was Padel's fault.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 02:39:43 pm by Glass »

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: June 23, 2018, 02:38:37 pm »

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT; We need to make Padelheb and all his fuckery known to the rebels so that he's the Big Bad in the story, rather than seeing Erin and Celling as that. If we do that, then the narrative becomes nearly forced to work in our favor.
The problem: Blue knows this, and is going to try to remove Padelheb somehow to prevent this from happening. However, once Padel is the Big Bad, Nlue won't be able to do this. So we need to make this information known as quickly as possible.
Does everyone understand? We have an opportunity to show the rebels that there's someone else above Celling, above Erin, someone who's a much bigger problem. Or maybe we don't have it rigbt now, but we'll likely have it soon. When it arrives, we need to take it.

Since when am I "Nlue"?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Chapter II: Ice and Fire: Get rid of Padelheb
« Reply #1648 on: June 23, 2018, 02:39:06 pm »

I'm on a phone.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: June 23, 2018, 02:40:47 pm »

The problem: Blue knows this, and is going to try to remove Padelheb somehow to prevent this from happening. However, once Padel is the Big Bad, Blue won't be able to do this. So we need to make this information known as quickly as possible.

EDIT: Additional stuff. Plague, while taking place soon, A. is in fact Padel's fault, and B. is going to be worked as a PR thing where Padel gets credit for getting the cure distributed.
So, we need to distribute it first, while also distributing he information that he plague was Padel's fault.

And all this he knows, because I held it over his head over Discord. I've got to stop doing that! That is quite literally bond villain stupidity.
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 203