Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 291889 times)

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Chapter III: World's Fall: This Is Gonna Suck
« Reply #2100 on: November 02, 2018, 10:56:36 am »

I want to move this a little faster so I’ll go with this now.

"As I was going to tell you in the call, he's being held in Antarctica, as are the rest of the people you had been working with. I understand that you want to see them, but even if I thought I could safely bring them, there's no way I could get them here within a reasonable amount of time.
That said. I have some information for you that would completely change the game..." And then, as I suggested earlier, break the fourth wall to them.

The woman looks at the briefcase Celling is holding. “Is that the Key?” she asks.

Anna ignores her. Her hands are shaking as she holds the gun on Celling. “And what might that be?”

The child takes a step back and sobs shrilly. The woman shoots him a deathly glare and pulls hm forward. Jacob Eldin steps forward to stand to the left of Anna, looking concerned.

What do you do? !ALERT! Revealing the fourth wall to people that did not arrive at it by their own reasoning is FORBIDDEN under the conventions of this narrative past the first person! DO NOT DO THIS!
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: November 02, 2018, 12:13:55 pm »

Meanwhile

North America, part of the “new world.” Disgraced Titus Levine is now in the desert, with hand full of operatives. As he goes through his inventions and drinks something, turns younger and stronger and anime black hair as he spoke.

“ Must say , different from home. I will rule this land, for the home land.” As they then set up lab in a cave and collect animals, as he had one collection already.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 03:13:37 pm by Tyrant Leviathan »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #2102 on: November 02, 2018, 01:12:24 pm »

Meanwhile

North America, part of the “new world.” Disgraced Titus Levine is now in the desert, with hand full of operatives. As he goes through his inventions and drinks something, turns younger and stronger and anime black hair as he spoke.

“ Must day, different from home. I will rule this land, for the home land.” As they then set up lab in a cave and collect animals, as he had one collection already.
+1

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: November 02, 2018, 03:46:23 pm »

Meanwhile

“ Must say , different from home. I will rule this land, for the home land.” As they then set up lab in a cave and collect animals, as he had one collection already.

We don't have anti-aging serums, but the rest of this will absolutely happen, if the rest succeed in getting you exiled that is.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: November 02, 2018, 07:13:47 pm »

Just gonna remind you again that I am looking for what you want to say, in exact words, to the Rebels

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: November 02, 2018, 09:43:04 pm »

[Note: this is spoken as quickly as can be done without losing clarity.] "I don't have much time, so I'll make this quick: reality as you know it does not exist. We're living in a construct, a vessel for a narrative. We're being used as tools to tell a story, to play around with. Erin and I have been fighting against it, against the Plot, ever since we became aware of it - you can only fight it if you become aware of it. And it knows this, and it actively works to stop the spread of knowledge - I told you I don't have much time, that's why. Any minute, there'll be a meteor strike right on me, or I'll have a heart attack, or some similarly-contrived event will happen to kill me. When that happens, Erin is your best chance. Find him and tell him what you know; he can help." [I don't expect to live this long, so if we do, give us a second part to continue with so that our last moments aren't just awkward scilence.]

If at any point we have been fatally wounded but remain able to speak in some capacity, say "This world is an illusion, exiles."
If there's not enough left of us to be able to do so, have the phrase just happen, echoing in the air like it was said by a ghost. Because that can happen in stories when people who need to get in their last words are too dead to give them.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #2106 on: November 02, 2018, 10:06:18 pm »

[Note: this is spoken as quickly as can be done without losing clarity.] "I don't have much time, so I'll make this quick: reality as you know it does not exist. We're living in a construct, a vessel for a narrative. We're being used as tools to tell a story, to play around with. Erin and I have been fighting against it, against the Plot, ever since we became aware of it - you can only fight it if you become aware of it. And it knows this, and it actively works to stop the spread of knowledge - I told you I don't have much time, that's why. Any minute, there'll be a meteor strike right on me, or I'll have a heart attack, or some similarly-contrived event will happen to kill me. When that happens, Erin is your best chance. Find him and tell him what you know; he can help." [I don't expect to live this long, so if we do, give us a second part to continue with so that our last moments aren't just awkward scilence.]

If at any point we have been fatally wounded but remain able to speak in some capacity, say "This world is an illusion, exiles."
If there's not enough left of us to be able to do so, have the phrase just happen, echoing in the air like it was said by a ghost. Because that can happen in stories when people who need to get in their last words are too dead to give them.
+1

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: November 02, 2018, 10:59:17 pm »

We’re gonna stand on top
With our hands in the sky
Gonna raise our cup
To the stadium lights
For the glory!
http://bit.ly/2Ry2HrU
For the glory!
We celebrate
With the city tonight
Hear the hometown cheer
It’s the ultimate high
For the glory!

no.

"I don't have much time, so I'll make this quick: reality as you know it does not exist. We're living in a construct, a vessel for a narrative. We're being used as tools to tell a story, to play around with.

Anna looks confused by this. She whirls her head left, looking behind her to Jacob for support. “What the hell are you saying?” she asks.

Jacob steps forward until he’s face to face with Celling. “You think this is funny?” he asks, shaking with rage, almost spitting in Celling’s face. “You think we want to listen to your metaphysical ramblings? Indulge in your little stories and ponderings while our friends suffer? This is all a game to you, isn’t it?”

“It’s not a game, it’s deadly serious,” says Celling. “But if it is a game, we’re on the same side.”

“We are not on your side!” Anna shouts. She steps forward and holds out a hand. “Give us the Key shards. Leave us alone. Don’t come back.”

What do you do?

A: Hand over the Key fragments
B: Refuse to hand them over
C: Something else...
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 11:18:46 pm by blueturtle1134 »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Roll to Strike
« Reply #2108 on: November 02, 2018, 11:20:33 pm »

Basta! Kilojoule Proton, Bay Watcher of dubious merit, chooses to rebel against the Plot by going on strike! Time to flash awayways!

Choose a faction:
Republic (+1 to Science! rolls)
Rebel (+1 to Political rolls)
Empire (-1 to Existence rolls)
Plot (-1 to all rolls, +1 to strike hours per roll)

Rolls:
Standard: 2d6, keep 1
Dramatic: 1d6

You are all in the same prison cell.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Strike
« Reply #2109 on: November 02, 2018, 11:24:27 pm »

Basta! Kilojoule Proton, Bay Watcher of dubious merit, chooses to rebel against the Plot by going on strike! Time to flash awayways!

Choose a faction:

Rolls:

F**k  this may actually work

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: November 02, 2018, 11:27:53 pm »

Choose a faction:

Rolls:

1. I'm confused.

2. Separate: I found this in Blue's post. It's supposed to be transparent between the first two "For The Glory"s.
It's not, but it's supposed to be.
EDIT: first letter of each line. "What you do does not matter."
Aside from going on strike, it seems, apparently.

Faction: Republic
Name: Jeremy Leiden
Description: Scientist. Specializes cryology, the study of ice and its properties. An important topic when you live in Antarctica. Has silver-blond hair that seems to shine a pale blue color. Slightly taller than average.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 11:34:55 pm by Glass »

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: November 02, 2018, 11:30:54 pm »

Choose a faction:

Rolls:

1. I'm confused.

2. Separate: I found this in Blue's post. It's supposed to be transparent between the first two "For The Glory"s.
It's not, but it's supposed to be.

I have no idea what skin you're using, but it's transparent on mine.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #2112 on: November 03, 2018, 12:05:02 am »

Dr. Jeremy Leiden awakens in a bare-bones cell with two bunks and a tiny window and is greeted by the sight of X others, some of whom may be rebels. What crime or treachery could have brought Dr. Jeremy Leiden, nationally renowned cryologist, so low? Could it have been the volcanology group? Someone from the Leiden Lab? An unforeseen plotter from elsewhere?

Although the sky isn't directly visible from the window, it appears to be nighttime. Perhaps it would be wise not to wake the other prisoners...

Spoiler: Party skills (click to show/hide)

=
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 12:06:42 am by Kilojoule Proton »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How was I supposed to know that using Erin's work as a reference could be used as evidence of "sympathizing with a known traitor"? Damn Padelheb and his damned self-serving policies...

Just try to get some decent sleep tonight.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox

Leiden sleeps and dreams of strange lands...

Quote from: Dream (4)
Two dolls, one with an axe slung over its back, stand by a tall pillar of some sort. The unarmed doll cuts a yawning tear into the very fabric of reality, and a locomotive-faced warrior barges in. Gouts of steam erupt from the warrior's face as it greets the doll in a distorted, sing-song voice: "Helloooooooo M--"

Leiden is now busy sleeping. Would any of the other prisoners like to wake up?

Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 203