Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 290739 times)

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Chapter IV: Just One Day: The Birds and the Bees
« Reply #2715 on: July 26, 2019, 09:34:06 pm »

You have chosen A

Celling takes the red orb of glass out of his pocket and hands it to David. He glances around. None of the men seem to be paying attention. “Keep this discreet, David,” he instructs. David nods and closes his fist over the Key of Taloc core.

A flash of red light flares from his fist and he stumbles backwards, in obvious shock and agony. Celling grabs onto him. "What happened to discreet, eh?"

"Anna's alive," David says, in a ragged voice. "She's trapped within the Key. I saw her."

"I suspected that. We're working on-"

"I'm fine," David cuts in. "I. Am. Completely. Fine."

He opens his hand. The Key core sits in his palm. Sinuous tendrils of gray metal sprout from it as the support structure remanifests.

The soldiers look obviously confused. Some of them reach for their guns. One asks "Celling, what's going on?"

David closes his fist around the control gauntlet of the Key, powering it up. The structure shifts to reveal the red stone in the center, which burns brightly. A wave of crimson light floods out from it, washing over the world, hovering in the air for a moment, as if unsure, before plunging towards the men in the group.

It ends as quickly as it begins. David's eyes burn with red light. He points a finger roughly in the direction of several of the soldiers. "You, you, you, and especially you. Burn."

Protinam lightning, laced with red tendrils of the Key's power, leaps out of his fingertips. The guards he accused collapse to the ground, screaming in agony. The rest of the guards step back in fear.

"Nobody move!" Celling shouts. "Those people were traitors to the Republic! David, we need information!"

David shuts down the Key. His eyes return to normal, and he lowers his hand. "I got that, Celling. These were agents of Goonswarm, carrying out orders the Mittani gave before his death. They were supposed to - they were supposed to free the rebel and use him to find-” David stops and wheels on Celling. “You have a secret resurrection project?”

What do you do?

A: Say that you do (true)
B: Ask that you discuss it in a better place (as there are several soldiers here)
C: Deny it

« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 09:36:57 pm by blueturtle1134 »
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: July 26, 2019, 09:37:59 pm »

B

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: July 26, 2019, 09:42:09 pm »

"What we have is a possibly-mad biologist's pet project, and access to a location where we might be able to do resurrections, but which is currently a warzone. We can discuss this further at a later time in a better place."

EDIT: This probably won't be necessary, because Blue realized he screwed up (with my prompting).
EDIT2: No retcon.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 11:08:54 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: July 26, 2019, 09:42:50 pm »

"What we have is a possibly-mad biologist's pet project and access to a location where they might be able to do resurrections, but which is currently a warzone. We can discuss this further at a later time in a better place."

+1
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: July 26, 2019, 10:57:11 pm »

"What we have is a possibly-mad biologist's pet project and access to a location where they might be able to do resurrections, but which is currently a warzone. We can discuss this further at a later time in a better place."

EDIT: This probably won't be necessary, because Blue realized he screwed up (with my prompting).
EDIT2: No retcon.

To clarify: I have decided that any time I do write a retcon, you may revise ANY action after the first time you could have plausibly heard about the thing being changed, in universe. And so may any other Fourth Wall user.

Please continue
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: July 26, 2019, 10:58:11 pm »

To clarify: I have decided that any time I do write a retcon, you may revise ANY action after the first time you could have plausibly heard about the thing being changed, in universe. And so may any other Fourth Wall user.
Upgraded from "the next time". Preserved for posterity.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: July 28, 2019, 08:09:05 pm »

"What we have is a possibly-mad biologist's pet project, and access to a location where we might be able to do resurrections, but which is currently a warzone. We can discuss this further at a later time in a better place."

“Alright,” says David. He paces in a circle, then spins around urgently. “If they’re trying to free the rebel, they might be attacking the ship.”

“Send a message out immediately,” says Celling. “All stations, all ships, get the word out. And we need to get there as soon as possible. Can you teleport there?”

“To the ship? Probably not.” David answers. “I have no idea where it is, and it’s moving, so I can’t refine a teleport solution - not without a beacon nearby.” He circles around again. “What about the Falkland islands?”

“What about them?” Celling asks.

“That’s where the ship is heading, right?”

“You can send us there?”

All of you?” David asks. He looks around at the soldiers. “Twenty people? I’m not sure how much power I have left from the Secondborn incident and mass teleports can only burn that off faster.”

One of the guards steps up and clears his throat. “Sorry to interrupt, Captain Celling, but we’re just the Baron’s guards. If you’re deploying to the Falklands, well… that’s more than a bit out of our jurisdiction.”

Celling nods. “That will be taken into consideration. The Falklands have no base or anything, right? If you can’t get us back off, we’re stuck.”

David shakes his head. “Once I’m in visual range, I might stand a better chance of getting on the ship.”

What do you do?

A: Have David teleport everyone to the Falklands.
B: Go back to where the Mittani died and make sure nobody takes his body. (They’ll also need his body to do a resurrection)
C: Send just David and Celling to the Falklands, and have the soldiers go to the Mittani’s body
D: Something else…

What do you have the soldiers that Celling’s commanding do?

A: Continue helping with the pursuit (either teleport to Falklands or go to Mittani’s body)
B: Have them stay here. They’ve done enough.
C: Impress upon them the importance of the situation and ask for volunteers.

How about the Baron’s guards?

A: Continue helping with the pursuit (either teleport to Falklands or go to Mittani’s body)
B: Have them stay here. They’ve done enough.
C: Impress upon them the importance of the situation and ask for volunteers.

What about the Key?

A: Take it back from David.
B: Let him keep it for now.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: July 28, 2019, 08:25:19 pm »

CABB

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: July 28, 2019, 09:05:25 pm »

CCCB

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: July 28, 2019, 11:10:14 pm »

Again, the Discord invite link: https://discord.gg/25EvAVE

Most of the discussion goes on here, you really should join...

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: July 30, 2019, 11:29:43 pm »

You (and by “you” I mean “Glass and company”) have selected CCCB

“David, prepare to teleport us to the Falklands,” says Celling. “And the rest of you, well… I have no ability to force you to stay and help. But there are dangerous forces at play here. We need a group to go to the broadcasting station and secure the Mittani’s body. If we don’t, his followers may be able to resurrect him, and he will bring chaos to this country. So, without further ado, I’m asking for volunteers.

Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

A disappointingly small amount of them volunteer. Celling counts four from the group that came with him, and three of the Baron’s guards.

Still some decisions to be made, then we cut to Fansworth chasing the Goons on the ship:

What do you do with the Goonswarm agents that David apprehended?

A: Shoot ‘em!
B: Ask the guards that are staying to take them into custody locally.
C: Tie them up on the train and send them to Andes High Command.

Having seen the numbers you got, do you try to draft more soldiers?

A: Demand that they join, for the good of the Republic! (+1 on next Combat roll, and possibly more if all 20 soldiers live, but -1 permanent to Political along with other potential repercussions)
B: Do no such thing.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: July 30, 2019, 11:45:14 pm »

C. The 13 men remaining should be able to suitably keep them under guard, and it seems that local authorities have been unable to really deal with the Goons, so to higher authorities they go.
B. We asked for volunteers, we got volunteers. A bit less than the expected average, but oh well. Dealing with magic in a setting that mostly lacks it takes quite a bit of courage.
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 203