Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 72

Author Topic: Survive (10/10, Endgame)  (Read 134036 times)

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (9/10)
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2017, 10:39:57 pm »

Did you include the +1?
Yes, I'll edit it to be 1+1 to avoid confusion. It saved you from losing your fishing rod.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2017, 10:41:09 pm »

Ok, got it. Thanks.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2017, 10:42:56 pm »

Continue mining while pondering the action of mining. Removing ore from the Earth to use, then eventually having it returned to the Earth as it becomes damaged and discarded. Everything is a cycle, and it ends in the Earth. If I say Earth any more times, it will lose all meaning.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2017, 10:43:42 pm »

Dream longer, dream of being a fish in a grand ocean, rocketing through waves and viewing the ocean floor beneath me.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2017, 11:01:12 pm »

Butcher the wolf and take my deer meat out of its stomach. Attempt to make a campfire from the branches on the tree. If I succeed, I want to cook my meat.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2017, 11:40:00 pm »

eat one of my hard caught meals, and then stash the rest nearby. Maybe try digging..
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 28, 2017, 12:52:45 am »

Nix

Using mangoes I've already eaten, plant their seeds in the ground, hopefully they'll grow well.

If I can still do something this turn, climb back down the mine.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 28, 2017, 02:51:01 am »

Thank you. I'll take the +1 bonus to foraging checks, please.

Contemplate Earth, nature and plants. Eat blackberries until full. Share blackberries if there are enough. Basically, I want the seeds from all blackberries x4 to plant them. Use my hoe and watering can. Trying to farm here near camp.

Imagine all the plants growing around here, the animals that eat them, and the earth everything grows in or on.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 28, 2017, 03:51:44 am »

Get the wood back to the camp and get something to eat
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 28, 2017, 05:54:37 am »

Shame.
Study metals instead I guess.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 28, 2017, 02:43:36 pm »

(Sorry I forgot to add Some EXP for some people's skills last time. I'll edit everything accordingly.)

Anyway, keep fishing and considering the movement of water.
3+1 You start to understand through arcane knowledge that there's a dry spell where not that many fish are hanging about in the water. They've started to come back now, though. -1 Hunger. You obtain Fish x3. Fishing Rank 1: 3/15 EXP. Gain Spell: Manipulate Water, Cost 1 Mana. Gain Mana Bar: 5/5. Water Magic Rank 0: 4/10 EXP.

Continue mining while pondering the action of mining. Removing ore from the Earth to use, then eventually having it returned to the Earth as it becomes damaged and discarded. Everything is a cycle, and it ends in the Earth.
3 You're slowly starting to understand the Earth around you, how plants work. You find some more copper, but this is all quite tiring. -1 Hunger. You Obtain Copper Ore x1. Mining Rank 0: 4/10 EXP. Gain Spell: Plant Growth, Cost 1 Mana. Gain Mana Bar: 5/5. Earth Magic Rank 0: 2/10 EXP
You hear noises from inside the mine. You are not alone.

Dream longer, dream of being a fish in a grand ocean, rocketing through waves and viewing the ocean floor beneath me.
4 You decide to take another nap. You have dreams of water flowing through you, dreams of so many fish undulating in the sea... dreams of a blue cloaked figure watching you. You wake up. -1 Hunger, +1 Mana. Water Magic Level Up: Choose one: +1 Maximum Health, +1 Maximum Hunger, +1 Maximum Mana, or Learn New Water Magic. Next Rank: 0/15 EXP.

Butcher the wolf and take my deer meat out of its stomach. Attempt to make a campfire from the branches on the tree. If I succeed, I want to cook my meat.
6 You accidentally cut yourself when you slide this thing off of your sword. On the bright side, when you cut it open, some of the deer meat has been undigested. You find a spot to make another campfire, this one pretty well made. You start to cook all the meat you have. -1 Health, -1 Hunger. You obtain Cooked Deer Meat x2, Cooked Wolf Meat x2. Hunting EXP: 5/10. Skill Unlocked: Cooking Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP

eat one of my hard caught meals, and then stash the rest nearby. Maybe try digging..
4 You eat one of your rats, and luckily this one doesn't seem to carry any disease. You bury the rest near the campsite. +1 Health, +1 Hunger. -4 Rat.Gain Status Effect: Full. Skill Unlocked: Digging Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP

Using mangoes I've already eaten, plant their seeds in the ground, hopefully they'll grow well.
If I can still do something this turn, climb back down the mine.

3 You remembered to keep one of the mango seeds and you plant it in the ground. You go back over to the mine and the journey causes you to start to feel hungry again. -1 Hunger. Lost Status Effect: Full. Skill Unlocked: Farming Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP.
You also hear the spooky noises. They're getting closer.

Thank you. I'll take the +1 bonus to foraging checks, please.
Contemplate Earth, nature and plants. Eat blackberries until full. Share blackberries if there are enough. Basically, I want the seeds from all blackberries x4 to plant them. Use my hoe and watering can. Trying to farm here near camp.
5 You remember you don't have a lot of blackberries to eat, so you eat some strawberries instead. They are quite replenishing despite their size, obviously you picked some good ones. You break down the blackberries into seeds and till some land to plant them in. With continuing proper care, they'll become good blackberry plants. You share the rest of your Strawberries with Jeb, who was very hungry. All of this has brought you closer to nature.
-12 Strawberry, -4 Blackberry. +2 Health, +4 Hunger. Gain Status Effect: Full. Skill Unlocked: Farming Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP. Gain Spell: Plant Growth, Cost 1 Mana. Gain Mana Bar: 5/5. Earth Magic Rank 0: 6/10 EXP

Get the wood back to the camp and get something to eat
3 You drag your logs back to camp, which is very tiring work. Luckily for you, a friendly person named Wren had some Strawberries, which you devour post haste. -4 Wooden Log, -6 Strawberries. +4 Hunger. Gain Status Effect: Full

Shame.
Study metals instead I guess.
4 You look around and find a stray piece of metal. You study it for a bit, and discern it's properties. You feel like focusing your mind on this has started to lift the curse, but it's still there for the time being. -1 Hunger. You obtain Iron Bar x1. Skill Unlocked: Blacksmithing Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP.

Spoiler: Current Statistics (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 03:12:29 pm by Dwayna DragonFire »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 28, 2017, 02:50:08 pm »

Cook most of the fish that I have, but smoke a 3 of them. Try to make the campfire better.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 28, 2017, 03:13:15 pm »

Stow my pick and draw my sword. To battle I go with this unknown presence!
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 28, 2017, 03:17:59 pm »

Focus on the air around me. How it passes against my fur and carries the scents of life.  What can I detect about it's magical nature?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 28, 2017, 03:24:18 pm »

Eat some of my meat until I'm full and find a place to store the rest.(under a tree's roots perhaps?)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 72