Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 72

Author Topic: Survive (10/10, Endgame)  (Read 133513 times)

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (10/10)
« Reply #135 on: August 31, 2017, 04:28:05 pm »

((White text is always an iffy idea, as it's really hard to read.))
Noted, editing to purple and it will be purple from now on.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 05:00:20 pm by Dwayna DragonFire »

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 31, 2017, 04:39:29 pm »

Proud of the 15x15 ft stone room, I gently harvest some berries from my (most recently) magically grown x7 strawberry bushes. If there is time left, I will forage around for some more food, then eat until full. After that, share some food with the others if there is enough. Carefully keep the seeds  for later planting.

When night eventually comes, the stone room is open for sleeping.

No food left. Hoping to gather some more, eat until full, share the surplus, and later, plant the seeds. I plan to build more rooms around a courtyard for efficiency and protection. Moreover, I'd incorporate walls and other food production, etc. Perhaps a moat later, complete with bridge? Underground and 2nd story are also possible, as well as fortifications. As stated previously, diplomacy, food, shelter, and healing go a long way.

When night eventually comes, the others can sleep in this room, instead of being exposed to the elements. I would suggest a guard shift on the door.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 31, 2017, 04:45:10 pm »

((I was kinda hoping for gravity magic, but I suppose Transmutation works just as well. Maybe I can eventually use it to transform into a dragon or something. Or would that be transfiguration? Maybe I'll just settle for Steel Skin. Anyway, anyone need help with anything? I was going to try to make clay bricks to build, but that seems irrelevant with Mud to Rock. And if my combat skills work out, I could probably take guard duty.))

Hmm, time to try developing my sword skills again. Maybe try to make up my own sword style. While training, focus on trying to draw out my Inner Energy or Ki or Qi or Chi or something like that if it's possible. If that sort of energy doesn't exist, then maybe try to develop a Blink spell through pondering the nature of space and movement.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 31, 2017, 04:52:45 pm »

((I was kinda hoping for gravity magic, but I suppose Transmutation works just as well.
Transmutation has a high level spell called Reverse Gravity, so studying it more might get you what you want with time. :3
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 04:55:27 pm by Dwayna DragonFire »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 31, 2017, 05:20:28 pm »

+1 to health, please.

Continue fishing. See if I can get the fish to come to my hook with mental powers.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 31, 2017, 05:45:11 pm »

~I want you to make my backpack and tools usable for me, not pettings!~
continue meowing at Jeb and rubbbing my head against him and my pack till he understands
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 06:04:22 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 31, 2017, 05:49:06 pm »

((I was kinda hoping for gravity magic, but I suppose Transmutation works just as well.
Transmutation has a high level spell called Reverse Gravity, so studying it more might get you what you want with time. :3
So the spells are pulled from DnD?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 31, 2017, 06:01:51 pm »

So the spells are pulled from DnD?
Highly inspired by D&D but not completely accurate to it as I'm still trying to keep things simplistic in nature. After all, D&D works off of spell slots instead of mana and has complex statistics attached to such. Some spells like Speak to Animals or Mud to Rock are named the same as what they might be in D&D, but stuff like Gust of Wind or Ice to Water was off the top of my head. I'd say this whole thing is inspired by both D&D and Harvest Moon/Stardew Valley, plus some of my own ideas regarding magic. I referenced Reverse Gravity specifically in this case because I don't know a lot of physics and I'm trying to be helpful and funny (likely failing on the funny part)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 06:09:56 pm by Dwayna DragonFire »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 31, 2017, 06:11:23 pm »

((Harvest Moon? Oh boy, now I have to go dig through the mine till I find the cursed tools.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 01, 2017, 10:34:59 am »

Somebody once told me specialization, roles, and trade are the best way through this kinda thing. T doesn't like to be quoted though. Anyhow, my deal is infrastructure and need provision. (Food, shelter, healing, fortification, etc).

Might want to consider what thing a given character can do. Resource provision? Combat defense? Transport? Intel? Service provision? Basically I treat it like a very flexible character class to plan things out. Just a thought.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 01, 2017, 10:36:52 am »

I don't know about others but I am specializing in transmutation as a prelude to mad scientist stuff.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 01, 2017, 11:21:11 am »

Just don't go completely nuts, please.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 01, 2017, 11:48:20 am »

I'm aiming for general magic research. Starting off with water and earth so I can bring those fields of magic together for a potent growth spell, preferably an enchantment of some sort. Afterward, I'll try and comprehend the nature of Mana and how to store and restore it. Afterward, possibly, I'll research magic itself, and how to write spells down for others to learn them.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 01, 2017, 11:49:13 am »

Oceansoul if you discover Mana batteries is there a way I could purchase one?
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 01, 2017, 11:54:54 am »

I am probably gonna work with Dustan becuse i am the only one who can understand him
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 72