Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 72

Author Topic: Survive (10/10, Endgame)  (Read 134086 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (10/10)
« Reply #225 on: September 07, 2017, 08:39:11 pm »

Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 07, 2017, 09:33:31 pm »

Permanent bonus to hunting.
Spoiler: GM ONLY (click to show/hide)

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 08, 2017, 01:08:15 am »

Nix

DIE BEAR DIE
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 08, 2017, 05:52:53 am »

Try to take control of the Animated Statue again
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 08, 2017, 03:34:09 pm »

Nighttime: 7 Turns Remain.

Start a fire to harden the bricks so they are suitable for smithing grade fires. Meditate on the fire, and how it is in an ever devouring cycle.
Think about how I could make a bellows or two, and any other things I would need for the forge.

((Is the forge inside or not?))
(Yes. I will make note of it in the usual spoiler below.)
2 You find out the hard way that fire equals hot. -2 Health, -1 Hunger.

+1 to combat
Slash that bear, maybe from the side if it isn't facing me. Aim for the neck of throat. Try to infuse my blade with Chi or Inner Power or Aura or Nature Power or Soul Power or something other than Mana, because I'm out of that and I don't want to find out what happens if you try to cast without mana and it doesn't just fizzle.

2+1 You manage to slice into the bear with your new combat prowess. Since you're so keen on it, you focus your chakras and unlock a new thing that you think will help. However, this let's the bear into your personal space for some clawing action. The magic armor spares you some of the damage. -1 Health, -1 Hunger. Fighting Black Bear: 10/20 Health. Combat Rank 1: 2/15 EXP.
Skill Unlocked: Spirit Power Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP. Abilities: None yet.

Seek safety in the rock house, and consider the earth in regard to how it could be carved or shaped into things.
4 You go back to the house and meditate on Earth Magic for a while. +1 health, -1 Hunger. Earth Magic Rank 0: 8/10 EXP.

Valosh learns Spirit Magic.
Valosh begins to follow the river uphill, hoping to find that the spring of the river is near the mines. If it is not, he simply seeks the spring of the river.
"I suppose that sounds very dragon-y as far as goals go. But pardon my asking, if this is not a happy memory, but what are 'cloaks'? I'm a tad unfamiliar with the term."
Skill Unlocked: Spirit Magic Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP. Gain Spell: Minor Harm (1 Mana)
You follow the river upwards into a large spring that has a small waterfall from above, surrounded by forest and more mountains. It's somewhat pretty.
"The cloaksss took the magic from the sssky, made everything dark," replied Kalith, confirming that the mages from his vision and the cloaks were one in the same. "They wanted to rule over the elementsss and the divinesss, and they sssucceeded."

bring my catch back, then go exploring. Bet there's interesting stuff hidden!
2 You bury the rest of your rats and go searching for hidden stuff. There was something hidden alright... a really big snake leaps out at you from the darkness! -2 Health. Fighting Medium Viper: 10/10 HP.

Get to the house thing, to do some rest and recovery. Prepare my Slumber spell for if the new... things are hostile.
2 You sleep, but you don't feel like you got a very good rest. -2 Hunger. Lost Status Effect: Full.
A you see a small head peak out from the darkness. It's hard to tell in this light, but you think the scales on this four legged creature look like they have a yellow-ish sheen, tiny wings folded by its side. Brass Dragon Wyrmling: 22/22 Health

Consider earth, nature, life, and healing (same things as before really). Monsters? Stay inside during the night, behind safe rock walls.  I recommend everyone get inside and stay inside at night and have rotating watch.
5 You consider nature and healing, the latter of which triggers a sudden flash of inspiration. You feel full of a strange knowing, that whatever power is left to bless you with magic has given you knowledge into what was once divine. Earth Magic Level Up! Choose One: +1 Maximum Health, +1 Maximum Hunger, +1 Maximum Mana, or Learn New Earth Magic. Next Rank: 0/20 EXP.
Skill Unlocked: Spirit Magic Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP. Gain Spell: Minor Heal (1 Mana)

Permanent bonus to hunting.
Cook meat, find a tree and hide in its branches.
6 You cook your meat and hide in a nearby tree. This is all very exhausting. -2 Hunger. You obtain Cooked Deer Meat x5. Cooking Rank 0: 5/10 EXP

DIE BEAR DIE
3 You swipe at the bear, and it swipes back. Luckily, your friend distracting it makes the blow hurt less. -1 Health, -1 Hunger. Fighting Black Bear: 8/20 Health

Try to take control of the Animated Statue again
1 You try again to take control of the statue, but before you're able to, a mage in a purple robe appears, weaving black magic. The statues eyes turn red, the mage disappears, and one of the statues arms crashes down onto you. -2 Health, -2 Mana. Fighting Statue: 15/15 Health. 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 03:37:06 pm by Dwayna DragonFire »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 08, 2017, 03:41:23 pm »

Hi there! Who would you be? Are you hungry? Here, have some fish.

Give the brass dragon wyrmling a cooked, smoked, and raw fish to choose from, try to be soothing, and just take it easy, trying to let my mana return.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 08, 2017, 03:41:38 pm »

Take my axe and start chopping the statue up
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 08, 2017, 03:52:52 pm »

blow it away with a gust of wind before it bites me again!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 08, 2017, 04:08:45 pm »

Sit under the waterfall. Let the cold water rush over me, and attempt to remain still. Try to meditate there.

"And you've had some run-ins with them, eh?

... Kalith, I've been thinking. These cloaks are dangerous. They need to be destroyed. I'm willing to do that. However, there can be no liabilities. To this end, the people downstream, their encampment must be destroyed. If I do that, they'll hopefully try to hide, and the cloaks will have at least a slightly harder time locating them. I cannot risk the cloaks using spirit magic on them to turn them into an army against you and I, nor can I allow the cloaks to slay them all and resurrect them as mindless servants through the dark arts. I'd also like to use them as a method to train my more potent magics; I need to be in top fighting form if this evil must be confronted.

Say, Kalith, if I manage to drive them out, they'd need leadership. They'd need someone... a wise and powerful person, or creature... to help guide them, to trust. Mmmm?
"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 08, 2017, 04:11:34 pm »

Finish meditations on earth magic, preferring focus on the way the earth nourishes plant life. Gain 1 max mana if the options are as usual.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 08, 2017, 04:41:52 pm »

((Is the forge at least hardened now?))
Stick my burned fingers in the river, while thinking about the many nature's of fire. How it heats, how it burns.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 08, 2017, 05:07:12 pm »

Nix

Keep killing bear
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 08, 2017, 06:31:09 pm »

Slash at the bear again. Use my Spirit Power to infuse my body to improve my power and strike harder, move faster, something like that to help me kill this bear.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 08, 2017, 07:16:08 pm »

Learn New Earth Magic, Please.

Welcome Dragon (if seen). "Hello. I hope you are well? Welcome." Let Aaron Blaze (Glass) do most of the talking as long as he's sensible, but be polite. Meditate on the earth and new spirit magic some.

Stick to my "sticking together" strategy. If I see the brass dragon wyrmling at the stone building site, then obviously don't make any threatening movements. Calm, collected, simple, & easygoing. It hasn't seemed to show any aggression yet. Also, it's a damn dragon and possibly smarter than most things. Further, it may have parent dragon(s) around somewhere who will be upset if we lead their kid astray. I can just see the mom and dad dragons pissed cause we told their kid to do bad things or gods help us, somehow hurt it. I'm curious what this dragon is going to say.
Let's stick together and not piss it off for no reason or do/suggest stupid things.

Pleasantly surprised I can now heal some things, and happily understanding more of the cycle of life from ground to growth to gratitude, etc. Wish we'd team up as a group more. O well, sadly. We'd face things easier together. It'd kinda be nice to have more to talk to / about with someone or something on this matter, perhaps.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 72