Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 72

Author Topic: Survive (10/10, Endgame)  (Read 133801 times)

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (10/10)
« Reply #240 on: September 09, 2017, 04:51:20 pm »

Nighttime: 6 Turns Remain.

Hi there! Who would you be? Are you hungry? Here, have some fish.
Give the brass dragon wyrmling a cooked, smoked, and raw fish to choose from, try to be soothing, and just take it easy, trying to let my mana return.
4+1 At first the dragon is cautious, but upon seeing that you're trying to be friendly, its demeanor changes to a more bright one. "Hello, friend. I am Auraj. Your offer is most appreciated, but I do not need to eat very much. I usually like the early morning mist on plants, or fresh rain water best." This young one seems quite practiced with talking. "Still, I shall not reject your generous offer." He takes the smoked fish, as it has been cooked the best, and just holds onto it for now.
-1 Hunger. -1 Smoked Fish. Regain all Mana.

Take my axe and start chopping the statue up
4 You hack away at the wooden statue, taking a good chunk out of it. It swings at you again, narrowly clipping you on the side.
-1 Health. Lumberjack Rank 0: 3/10 EXP.Skill Unlocked: Combat Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP. Fighting Statue: 11/15 Health.

blow it away with a gust of wind before it bites me again!
6 It leaps forward again, managing to clip you slightly before you cast your spell. You blow it away really hard this time, using up double the mana to outright kill the thing as it is violently pushed away!
-1 Health, -2 Mana. Air Magic Level Up! Choose one: +1 Maximum Health, +1 Maximum Hunger, +1 Maximum Mana, or Learn New Air Magic.

Sit under the waterfall. Let the cold water rush over me, and attempt to remain still. Try to meditate there.

"And you've had some run-ins with them, eh?

... Kalith, I've been thinking. These cloaks are dangerous. They need to be destroyed. I'm willing to do that. However, there can be no liabilities. To this end, the people downstream, their encampment must be destroyed. If I do that, they'll hopefully try to hide, and the cloaks will have at least a slightly harder time locating them. I cannot risk the cloaks using spirit magic on them to turn them into an army against you and I, nor can I allow the cloaks to slay them all and resurrect them as mindless servants through the dark arts. I'd also like to use them as a method to train my more potent magics; I need to be in top fighting form if this evil must be confronted.

Say, Kalith, if I manage to drive them out, they'd need leadership. They'd need someone... a wise and powerful person, or creature... to help guide them, to trust. Mmmm?
"
2-1 The little dragon is a lot smarter than she looks, a bit miffed at your suggestion. "How could that make sssenssse? I thought I could trussst you! The cloaksss are powerful, need asss many people asss posssible. If anything, I think I ssshould protect them from you!" With that said, she makes the high pitched screech again.
-3 Health. Fighting Kalith, The Crystal Dragon Wyrmling: 22/22 Health.

Finish meditations on earth magic, preferring focus on the way the earth nourishes plant life. Gain 1 max mana if the options are as usual.
3 You just manage to finish it off, and you learn something about how to take care of plants. -1 Hunger. Earth Magic Level Up! +1 Maximum Mana. Gain Spell: Plant Growth, 1 Mana Cost.

((Is the forge at least hardened now?))
Stick my burned fingers in the river, while thinking about the many nature's of fire. How it heats, how it burns.
(sure)
6 It hurts a little bit to stick your burned hand into the river. Still, it does seem to spark the desired outcome, and you learn a lot about Fire Magic.
-1 Health. Skill Unlocked: Fire Magic Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP. Gain Spells: Control Fire (1 Mana), Fire Orb (2 Mana)

Keep killing bear
3 You keep hitting that bear, but it is extremely tough. -1 Health. Fighting Black Bear: 5/20 Health. Combat Rank 0: 5/10 EXP.

Slash at the bear again. Use my Spirit Power to infuse my body to improve my power and strike harder, move faster, something like that to help me kill this bear.
2+2 You boost yourself up with Spirit Power, using the extra energy to finish off the bear once and for all.
-1 Hunger. Combat Rank 1: 6/15 EXP. Spirit Power Rank 0: 4/10 EXP. Gain Spirit Power Ability: Attack Buff, 2 Spirit Cost. Gain Spirit Bar: 3/5.

Learn New Earth Magic, Please.
Welcome Dragon (if seen). "Hello. I hope you are well? Welcome." Let Aaron Blaze (Glass) do most of the talking as long as he's sensible, but be polite. Meditate on the earth and new spirit magic some.
Gain Spell: Spiked Ground, 2 Mana Cost With this spell, you can cause patches of the ground to grow sharp spikes that will blend in with the environment, leaving a trap for unsuspecting visitors.
5 You meditate on earth and spirit some more, learning even more about Spirit Magic and how it can bind you to other beings.
Earth Magic Rank 2: 5/20. Spirit Magic Rank 0: 5/10. Gain Spell: Find Familiar (1 Mana, Requires Charcoal)

Auraj is just about to greet you, when he perks up. "Do you hear that? There's another dragon in trouble!"

(Please keep in mind that Find Familiar is one use only, and will bind you to a simple animal. You will confer a bonus to certain abilities depending on the animal you bind with.)
((Also if you want to chat with us, the Discord is the best place.))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 04:59:50 pm by Dwayna DragonFire »

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 09, 2017, 04:54:53 pm »

Take a quick mid-fight snack like any other normal person and just keep on choping that statue
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 09, 2017, 04:55:56 pm »

In trouble? Let's go help it, then.
Eat one of my cooked fish, then travel with Auraj to protect Kalith. Prep a Slumber spell to pop Valosh (Coolrune) with.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 09, 2017, 05:10:21 pm »

"You have learned much, and yet nothing at the same time. Good is not gentle; evil is not total. The kindest actions are those which people will never fully appreciate you for.

I suppose these concepts are all philosophical and biased from my point of view; I suppose I can do nothing to cease your attack. I offer you this; leave, or I will fight you to the bloodiest end.

No good deed goes unpunished, eh...?
"

Offer the dragon the chance to leave. If it does, resume meditation. If Kalith tries to be a 'hero' and stays, sigh, then cast "Minor Harm" on it before falling back. Submerge myself into the river to protect myself from the harmful sound waves, while I prepare another magical attack. Keep my sword at the ready in case she charges.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 09, 2017, 05:13:57 pm »

Nix

"Thanks for the help friend. I'd have been done for. Tell you what, you get first pick of the bear, I'll harvest the rest."

"Also, my name's Nix. What's yours?"

Wait for new friend to take pick of bear's corpse, if they're so inclined. Apart from whatever he takes, take as much as possible ( pelts, fat, meat, bone, etc. )
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 05:26:30 pm by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 09, 2017, 05:29:10 pm »

new air magic.
Wow, that was a really strong gust! Try to retrieve the body. Maybe the humans can do something with it.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 09, 2017, 05:49:32 pm »

Meditate on the nature of the human body, and why it is only human. What can make it something...different? Is Man innately separate from beasts, or can he one day walk among them, as one?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 09, 2017, 06:16:35 pm »

Ignore everyone else and focus on my burned fingers.
If they stop hurting as much, use shape object on my sword to make an anvil in the forge room.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 10, 2017, 12:19:52 am »

Offer to help the dragon with it's friend. Meditate on spirit and earth magic.

Not sure what aid I can be to a dragon right off the bat, depends what's wrong with it. Ultimately, the cycle of plant growth is similar to spirits in higher beings, but how could that manifest as relates to a dragon.... 

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 10, 2017, 02:02:20 am »

"No problem at all, friend. You can call me Billy Bob."

Harvest the pelt from the bear. I'm thinking of making it into a hooded jumpsuit or onesie. Then go get some food if there is any to eat to refill my Hunger and meditate to refill my mana and Spirit Power. While meditating, focus on my Spirit Power and try to make a point within my body where I can seal some Spirit Power to later unseal it all at once for a temporary Super Form or temporary significant increase in my combat ability.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 10, 2017, 05:07:58 pm »

Nighttime: 5 Turns remain

Take a quick mid-fight snack like any other normal person and just keep on choping that statue
6 You critically hit the statue right in the center, causing it to crumble to wooden pieces whilst you eat. Unfortunately, this action also breaks your axe.
+2 Health, +3 Hunger, -1 Cooked Deer Meat. Axe: Broken. Combat Rank 0: 5/10 EXP.

Offer to help the dragon with it's friend. Meditate on spirit and earth magic.
3You go with Aaron and Auraj to show your support, and you feel like your thoughts will aid them in some way. You gain a little bit more experience in each type of magic.
+1 to Aaron's action. Earth Magic Rank 2: 8/20 EXP. Spirit Magic Rank 0: 8/10 EXP.

In trouble? Let's go help it, then.
Eat one of my cooked fish, then travel with Auraj to protect Kalith. Prep a Slumber spell to pop Valosh (Coolrune) with.
"You have learned much, and yet nothing at the same time. Good is not gentle; evil is not total. The kindest actions are those which people will never fully appreciate you for.
I suppose these concepts are all philosophical and biased from my point of view; I suppose I can do nothing to cease your attack. I offer you this; leave, or I will fight you to the bloodiest end.
No good deed goes unpunished, eh...?
"
Offer the dragon the chance to leave. If it does, resume meditation. If Kalith tries to be a 'hero' and stays, sigh, then cast "Minor Harm" on it before falling back. Submerge myself into the river to protect myself from the harmful sound waves, while I prepare another magical attack. Keep my sword at the ready in case she charges.
3+1 (Glass) vs 1 (Coolrune) Aaron eats a cooked fish, and they reach the spring where Kalith has blocked the way. "We've come to help you!" says Auraj, and the crystal dragon wyrmling looks glad for the help. Auraj expels a line of fire at Valosh before Aaron puts Valosh to sleep with the Slumber spell.
Aaron: +2 Hunger, -1 Mana, -1 Cooked Fish. Enchantment Magic Rank 1: 7/15 EXP.
Valosh: -2 Health. Gain Status: Asleep.

"Thanks for the help friend. I'd have been done for. Tell you what, you get first pick of the bear, I'll harvest the rest."
"Also, my name's Nix. What's yours?"
Wait for new friend to take pick of bear's corpse, if they're so inclined. Apart from whatever he takes, take as much as possible ( pelts, fat, meat, bone, etc. )
4 You wait for your friend to take the pelt, and collect the rest of the resources left on the bear. -1 Hunger. You obtain Bear Meat x3, Bear Fat x3, Bear Bone x3. Hunting Rank 0: 4/10 EXP.

"No problem at all, friend. You can call me Billy Bob."
Harvest the pelt from the bear. I'm thinking of making it into a hooded jumpsuit or onesie. Then go get some food if there is any to eat to refill my Hunger and meditate to refill my mana and Spirit Power. While meditating, focus on my Spirit Power and try to make a point within my body where I can seal some Spirit Power to later unseal it all at once for a temporary Super Form or temporary significant increase in my combat ability.
3You take the pelt to make a coat out of later. You go foraging for some food, eat a couple berries, and mediate afterwards to regain some mana and Spirit Power. You don't learn anything new at this time, but you definitely feel more experienced.
+1 Mana, +1 Spirit, +1 Hunger. You obtain Bear Pelt x1. Skills Unlocked: Hunting Rank 0 and Foraging Rank 0. Spirit Power Rank 0: 5/10 EXP.

new air magic.
Wow, that was a really strong gust! Try to retrieve the body. Maybe the humans can do something with it.

You gain Lightning Bolt (2 Mana)
You waste some time trying to find that snake. You don't find it in the darkness of the night. All you hear are more noises. -2 Hunger.

Meditate on the nature of the human body, and why it is only human. What can make it something...different? Is Man innately separate from beasts, or can he one day walk among them, as one?
2 You don't learn the secrets of shape-shifting just yet... you feel like it's pretty advanced magic. All you do is waste more time whilst more noises come closer to your location. -2 Hunger.

Ignore everyone else and focus on my burned fingers.
If they stop hurting as much, use shape object on my sword to make an anvil in the forge room.

4 Your fingers are feeling better now, though the burn marks are still there. You use Shape Object on your Sword to make an anvil for your forge. Lose Sword, -1 Mana. Transmutation Magic Rank 1: 7/15 EXP.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 10, 2017, 05:10:52 pm »

((Shouldn't Glass's action have required two turns? One to arrive and one to cast the spell? Because it took me a whole turn of straight traveling to arrive. Ah, whatever.))

Guess I'll just sleep then :L
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 10, 2017, 05:15:48 pm »

Try to make bellows somehow.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 10, 2017, 05:21:49 pm »

<snip>
This was the post that you found the spring on, which was only one action. You didn't go looking for a spring until then. For the sake of fairness, Glass should be able to find the same spot within one action as well.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 10, 2017, 05:46:10 pm »

Cook potatoes over the mud brick forge, then eat them. Ponder the nature of fire a bit more.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 72