Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 72

Author Topic: Survive (10/10, Endgame)  (Read 133810 times)

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (10/10)
« Reply #255 on: September 10, 2017, 05:48:53 pm »

Welcome the other dragon, gently reassuring it we are friends, despite whatever happened here. Politely ask what happened here? Contemplate what to do with Valosh as well as earth and spirit magic. Invite the dragon back to our home.

Assuming the dragon tells me the truth, I'm not exactly happy about Valosh's role here. Somebody actively trying to convince things to kill us could be a problem. We might have to carry Valosh back with us, and possibly secure him. Offer to invite her back to our budding city. It's not much currently, but I'm working on building it. I might have to think about a larger coordination / administrative plan. Unsure.

I'd rather have dragon friends than dragon enemies, and generally speaking rather have friends than enemies anyhow.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 10, 2017, 07:33:42 pm »

use my natural night vision to find my way back to camp, then take a catnap.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 10, 2017, 09:08:01 pm »

Cook potatoes over the mud brick forge, then eat them. Ponder the nature of fire a bit more.
You are cooking potatoes, in a forge??!!!
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 10, 2017, 09:10:34 pm »

Eat some deer meat and go hunting for some kind of monster nest.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 10, 2017, 09:18:30 pm »

OOC: Hey guys, just a thought, it's dangerous at night. Perhaps consider staying behind stone walls to regenerate health, hunger and mana. Also, good time to train skills. I'd rather have a +1 to combat rolls before I went out, also more health, at least, but that's just me.

Unit Cohesion + Skills + Supplies = life.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 10, 2017, 11:17:52 pm »

I will Meditate and just see what happenes
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 11, 2017, 12:51:21 am »

Nix

Build a fire, cook some of that Bear meat and hopefully heal my many wounds.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 11, 2017, 01:46:21 pm »

Drag Valosh back to camp and deposit him in the stone house. Ask about what happened, and why there was a fight.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 02:21:42 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 11, 2017, 01:52:06 pm »

Try to summon a sewing needle and thread and use it to stitch the bear pelt into clothing. With a hood that is the bear's head. Try to use my Spirit Power or mana to enhance my dexterity and perception to help me sew better.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 01:54:22 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 11, 2017, 05:19:07 pm »

Cook potatoes over the mud brick forge, then eat them. Ponder the nature of fire a bit more.
You are cooking potatoes, in a forge??!!!
Why not? Potatoes are, essentially, the organic ore of the uppermost layer of earth. The only difference the forge makes is that it'll make a potato ingot. No, a POTASSIUM ingot. That makes sufficiently more sense.

Also, I'm retconning Arsintoille into also thinking that from a subjective standpoint and wanting to test that. His main goal is still food, though.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 11, 2017, 06:30:32 pm »

Nighttime: 4 Turns Remain.

Guess I'll just sleep then :L
3 You sleep, and when you sleep, you dream. You dream of a mysterious dragon with white glowing eyes, held down by five differently colored chains. The chains are each attached by a being in a similarly colored cloak - Yellow, Green, Red, Blue, and Purple. Out of all of them, the cloaked figure in purple looms above the others, manipulating the universe by invisible strings. The rest of the dream becomes dark, as the purple figure looms over you, smiling to you with a sinister grin as her cloak turns black.

"Go on, student... continue down this treacherous path. The more you play at the darkness of Spirit through deception and hurt, the more I will ascend past the veil of playing god. After all... who do you think brought you here?"

She cackles and disappears. You fall back into a more peaceful sleep. -1 Hunger, Mana refilled. Moved to Campsite

Try to make bellows somehow.
3 You take the wood leftover from the animated statue and some nearby cloth, fashioning it into a bellows that you can operate manually.
-1 Hunger. Skill Unlocked: Crafting Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP. Building Rank 0: 2/10 EXP

4 You cook your potatoes and eat them. Refreshing! You also learn about Fire Magic, but don't learn any spells yet. Skills Unlocked: Cooking Rank 0 and Fire Magic Rank 0.

Welcome the other dragon, gently reassuring it we are friends, despite whatever happened here. Politely ask what happened here? Contemplate what to do with Valosh as well as earth and spirit magic. Invite the dragon back to our home.
Drag Valosh back to camp and deposit him in the stone house. Ask about what happened, and why there was a fight.
4 (Transcendant) 1+2 (Glass) Valosh is heavy, so after Kalith agrees to go back with the others, both dragons team up to help Aaron in lifting Valosh successfully.

"He wasss talking about dessstroying your encampment," Kalith replied, looking a bit disheartened . "He tried to convinccce me to help him with the bribe of being your leader, asss well as protecting you from the cloaksss, but I would not ssstand for hurting innocccentsss. Thisss isss why I wanted to protect you from him."

Auraj shook his head at that, as you guys plop his unconscious body on the ground. "How despicable... I can understand hiding from danger, but forcibly driving people out of house and home would make us no better than our current oppressors."

Wren: Earth Magic Rank 2: 12/20 EXP. Spirit Magic Level Up! Choose one: +1 Maximum Health, +1 Maximum Hunger, +1 Maximum Mana, or Learn New Spirit Magic.
Aaron: -1 Hunger.

use my natural night vision to find my way back to camp, then take a catnap.
4+1 Your natural nightvision helps in this situation. You find your way back to camp easily without anything following you, and you take a refreshing nap. -1 Hunger, Health and Mana refilled.

Eat some deer meat and go hunting for some kind of monster nest.
3 You eat one of the smaller pieces of deer meat and go hunting for monsters. You find a whole bunch of tiny Spiders hanging out together in the forest. +1 Health, +2 Hunger. Spider Swarm: 10/10 Health.

I will Meditate and just see what happenes
2 Nothing happens. More noises from the darkness. -2 Hunger.

Build a fire, cook some of that Bear meat and hopefully heal my many wounds.
5 Well, the other campfire in the woods did go out, so you build another nicely made campfire in the woods. You then cook the bear meat and take it easy whilst doing so.
+3 Health. You obtain Cooked Bear Meat x3. Skill Unlocked: Cooking Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP.

Try to summon a sewing needle and thread and use it to stitch the bear pelt into clothing. With a hood that is the bear's head. Try to use my Spirit Power or mana to enhance my dexterity and perception to help me sew better.
6+1 You conjure up some needle and thread from thin air, stitching together your Bear Pelt Hoodie with the help of the rest of your Spirit Power. You're so distracted after you're done that you stab yourself in the hand with the needle, and the tools dissipate to back from whence they came.
-2 Health, -3 Spirit. Skills Unlocked: Conjuration Magic Rank 0 and Tailoring Rank 0. Gain Spell: Conjure Simple Objects (1 Mana).
Spirit Power Level Up! Choose one: +1 Maximum Health, +1 Maximum Hunger, +1 Maximum Spirit, or Learn New Spirit Power. Gain Ability: Minor Enhance Self (3 Spirit)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 11:00:31 am by Dwayna DragonFire »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 11, 2017, 06:38:54 pm »

Deposit Valosh in a corner, to be questioned when he awakens. Practice my water magic and meditate on my enchantment magic.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 11, 2017, 06:47:37 pm »

Nix

Eat some COOKED BEAR MEAT.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 11, 2017, 06:57:29 pm »

Guess I'll just stop sleeping then. Waking up, go?
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 11, 2017, 07:24:14 pm »

Learn New Spirit Spell, please.

To the dragon(s):
Thank you for your nobility. I would not enjoy my own or my home's destruction, nor generally  any other.... I'm curious what he has to say for himself. In any case, it's good to meet you. I hope you'll find our hospitality an improvement, though we currently have little, we hope to build much one day. You have wings; can you fly?

Contemplate and meditate on the nature of air and spirit and if these noble creatures can fly while striking up a conversation with them.

Wonderful how winged wyrms win windward. Apart of and above from the cycle of life in the same breath, flying on a zephyr: a part of the earth, but apart from it.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 72