Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 72

Author Topic: Survive (10/10, Endgame)  (Read 134062 times)

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (10/10)
« Reply #270 on: September 11, 2017, 09:05:39 pm »

Animate the bellows, and then make a hammer from my knife.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 11, 2017, 09:17:23 pm »

Do what any cat-mage would do: Lightning bolt, Lightning bolt LIGHTNING BOLT!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 09:19:43 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 12, 2017, 12:26:28 am »

As much as my brain is telling me to get the +1 Spirit to start building that bar, I'll take the New Spirit Power. I'm curious to see what you'll come up with.

Anyway, I suppose I'll spend this turn eating if I'm hungry and there is food available, and napping/sleeping/meditating to recover Health, Mana, and Spirit. Inside, away from the monsters. Oh, and I want to wear my hoodie. If pondering things won't negatively affect my rest, ponder ways that rage or other strong emotions, positive and negative, could enhance my combat abilities. Don't actually try to go berserk, though.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 12, 2017, 07:26:15 am »

Continue meditating trying to figure out divination magic
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 12, 2017, 04:43:27 pm »

Flee from the slow spiders and look for some kind of monster or large animal nest.

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 12, 2017, 07:32:48 pm »

Nighttime: 3 Turns Remain

Deposit Valosh in a corner, to be questioned when he awakens. Practice my water magic and meditate on my enchantment magic.
3 You drop Valosh in the corner, practicing your Water Magic and meditating on Enchantment.
-1 Hunger, -1 Mana. Enchantment Magic Rank 1: 10/15 EXP. Water Magic Level Up! Choose one: +1 Maximum Health, +1 Maximum Hunger, +1 Maximum Mana, or Learn New Water Magic.

Eat some COOKED BEAR MEAT.
4 You eat up all of your cooked bear meat, and it's very refreshing. Health and Hunger refilled, Gain Status Effect: Full.

Guess I'll just stop sleeping then. Waking up, go?
3 You wake up and realize you are no longer at the spring. You are at the campsite, in the corner of the largest room away from the door. Auraj is watching you intently, whilst Kalith seems determined to look away, speaking to Wren. -1 Hunger. Lost Status: Asleep.

Learn New Spirit Spell, please.
To the dragon(s):
Thank you for your nobility. I would not enjoy my own or my home's destruction, nor generally  any other.... I'm curious what he has to say for himself. In any case, it's good to meet you. I hope you'll find our hospitality an improvement, though we currently have little, we hope to build much one day. You have wings; can you fly?
Contemplate and meditate on the nature of air and spirit and if these noble creatures can fly while striking up a conversation with them.
Gain Moderate Heal (2 Mana)
"Yesss, I can fly quite far for sssomeone ssso sssmall, but it isss not an easssy thing to do. With time, I will improve upon my flying ssskillsss." With that said, you meditate on Air and Spirit, feeling like you've unlocked the ability to learn more on Air as well. Spirit Magic Rank 1: 3/15 EXP. Skill Unlocked: Air Magic Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP.

Animate the bellows, and then make a hammer from my knife.
3 You use up some energy and mana to animate your bellows, but you run out of mana to change oyur knife into a hammer. Maybe next time.
-2 Mana, -1 Hunger. Transmutation Magic Rank 1: 9/15 EXP.

Do what any cat-mage would do: Lightning bolt, Lightning bolt LIGHTNING BOLT!
1 You cast Lightning Bolt. A cloud rolls over the sky right where you're standing and you get the shock of a lifetime. -3 Health, -2 Mana.

As much as my brain is telling me to get the +1 Spirit to start building that bar, I'll take the New Spirit Power. I'm curious to see what you'll come up with.
Anyway, I suppose I'll spend this turn eating if I'm hungry and there is food available, and napping/sleeping/meditating to recover Health, Mana, and Spirit. Inside, away from the monsters. Oh, and I want to wear my hoodie. If pondering things won't negatively affect my rest, ponder ways that rage or other strong emotions, positive and negative, could enhance my combat abilities. Don't actually try to go berserk, though.

Gain Moderate Enhance Self (5 Spirit)
There are no ripe berries at this point in time, and the food gathered previously isn't there, unless you count the buried dead rats. You go to sleep and have a restless vision of a dragon with white eyes crying for help. -2 Hunger.

Continue meditating trying to figure out divination magic
4 You realize that Divination usually has to do with knowing stuff or seeing things that you normally wouldn't, and you feel yourself gain the understanding that you can sense things beyond human perception this way.
-1 Hunger, +1 Health, +2 Mana. Divination Magic Rank 0: 4/10 EXP. Gain Spell: Detect Lifesigns (2 Mana)

Flee from the slow spiders and look for some kind of monster or large animal nest.
1 You turn to flee and find yourself caught up in a giant web. There's a large monster, alright... a Giant Spider, coming down the web towards you.
-1 Health, Gain Status: Trapped. Fighting Giant Spider: 20/20 Health.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 05:59:45 pm by Dwayna DragonFire »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 12, 2017, 07:36:40 pm »

"Mmmm... Mmm? Where am I? This is quite a change of scenery from where i last remember. I get the sense I've been sleeping, as I remember an interesting dream. What happened? I can infer much from what I can see, but I'd like to be sure."
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 12, 2017, 07:38:31 pm »

+1 mana, please.

Eat some smoked fish, and offer some of it to whoever needs some food. Cook my 3 raw fish. Begin the questions in order to find out what objectively happened between Valosh and Kalith.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 12, 2017, 07:49:29 pm »

Darn, I somehow missed the last turn, even though I've read the thread a few times since it was posted. Anyhow, got on the bandwagon, and Comprehend the nature of the soul, and what the difference is between the soul of a human/sentient and the soul of a common animal. Is there an innate difference, or are they merely different forms of expressing the soul?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 12, 2017, 08:28:51 pm »

(Um, did, did I get the new spirit spell thingy? Either way works, but just curious, cause I'll probably waste a turn flying with dragons at some point or whatever album cover stuff at some point. I dunno. Dragon brownie points.).

Talk to the Dragons more about flight, home and friendship. Of things, wings, and wyrmlings. Consider air and spirit magic while discussing their flight and lives.
"I can only imagine and I'm sure you will. Feel welcome in this house, such as it is now. As you grow your flight skill, so I grow the home's size. Welcome, friend." We have two dragons here. They're nice and don't even want to rip our faces off, so there's that as a bonus. Yes, with no face-shredding from these two, I'd say things are looking up for the moment.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 08:35:29 pm by Transcendant »

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 12, 2017, 08:57:46 pm »

Snap out of the webs and cast ray of fire at the spider.

OR, if I am unable to snap out of the webs, Conjure a flame orb in front of me and cast control flame on it to make it a roaring flame, terrifying the spider and burning us both.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 12, 2017, 11:08:28 pm »

Continue on meditating to get yet better understanding of divination magic
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 12, 2017, 11:40:21 pm »

Go eat some of the smoked fish being offered, then rest some more and see if I get more strange dreams.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 13, 2017, 12:22:46 am »

Nix

Try practicing my combat moves by myself, the better to prepare for the next inevitable bear confrontation.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 13, 2017, 06:57:53 pm »

Nighttime: 2 Turns Remain.

"Mmmm... Mmm? Where am I? This is quite a change of scenery from where i last remember. I get the sense I've been sleeping, as I remember an interesting dream. What happened? I can infer much from what I can see, but I'd like to be sure."
"We heard Kalith screeching and came to her rescue, explains Auraj, still wary. "Our friend here put you to sleep after I blasted you with fire."

It looks like Aaron has some questions for you.

+1 mana, please.
Eat some smoked fish, and offer some of it to whoever needs some food. Cook my 3 raw fish. Begin the questions in order to find out what objectively happened between Valosh and Kalith.
3 You have a smoked Fish, and cook the rest of your raw fish. Billy Bob takes some smoked fish. +3 Hunger, Gain Status: Full. -3 Smoked Fish. You obtain Cooked Fish x3. Cooking Rank 1: 7/15 EXP

Valosh is awake, under the watchful eye of Auraj. Feel free to question Valosh or Kalith.

Comprehend the nature of the soul, and what the difference is between the soul of a human/sentient and the soul of a common animal. Is there an innate difference, or are they merely different forms of expressing the soul?
3 You feel something building in your soul, a power that wasn't there before. Skill Unlocked: Spirit Magic Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP. Spells: None yet.

Talk to the Dragons more about flight, home and friendship. Of things, wings, and wyrmlings. Consider air and spirit magic while discussing their flight and lives.
"I can only imagine and I'm sure you will. Feel welcome in this house, such as it is now. As you grow your flight skill, so I grow the home's size. Welcome, friend."
(I fixed the previous action, you have gained a new Spirit Spell, Moderate Heal)
3 You continue to consider your magical skills as you discuss flight. -1 Hunger, Lost Status: Full. Spirit Magic: 5/15 EXP. Air Magic: 2/10 EXP. Gain Spell: Gust of Wind (1 Mana)

Snap out of the webs and cast ray of fire at the spider.
OR, if I am unable to snap out of the webs, Conjure a flame orb in front of me and cast control flame on it to make it a roaring flame, terrifying the spider and burning us both.
4 You manage to untrap yourself and cast Ray of Fire, burning the Giant Spider. It spits acid at you in turn, which just barely misses you.
-3 Mana, Lost Status: Trapped. Fighting Giant Spider: 15/20 Health. Combat Rank 0: 8/10 EXP. Fire Magic Rank 1: 8/15 EXP.

Continue on meditating to get yet better understanding of divination magic
4 You feel like you can start to see and hear things from afar. -1 Hunger. Divination Magic Level Up! Choose One: +1 Maximum Health, +1 Maximum Hunger, +1 Maximum Mana, or Learn New Divination Magic.

Go eat some of the smoked fish being offered, then rest some more and see if I get more strange dreams.
5 You eat some fish from Aaron and go back to sleep. You dream of darkness seeping into the universe through cracks that were made by the cloaked beings. Perhaps those cracks can eventually be healed and the order to the universe restored? You're not sure... but you feel a connection to the universe through this dream, and through that connection you are refreshed. All bars refilled, Gain Status: Full.

Try practicing my combat moves by myself, the better to prepare for the next inevitable bear confrontation.
6 You practice up real good, but you fall on your butt at one point. -2 Health. Combat Level Up! Choose One: +1 Maximum Health, +1 Maximum Hunger, or a one time permanent +1 bonus to Combat.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 72