Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 72

Author Topic: Survive (10/10, Endgame)  (Read 134134 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (10/10)
« Reply #285 on: September 13, 2017, 06:59:47 pm »

"It looks like you're going to have some questions then. Ask away, and I shall answer as honestly as I can."
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 13, 2017, 07:02:04 pm »

ouch! Now I got static in my fur. Go rub it off on someone else.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 13, 2017, 07:03:51 pm »

I want to know what you did immediately prior to having Kalith attack you... and Kalith, I want to know what he did immediately prior to attacking him. While trying to get the truth out of these two, start thinking about making a truth spell, or maybe just something to allow me to figure out if someone is lying.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 13, 2017, 07:06:08 pm »

Go outside to watch dawn, and consider the nature of a Familiar, the animals made into extensions of one's soul. Would they still be themselves, with just an alignment toward their ensnarer? Or are their minds lost in familiarization? Does a Familiar have an impact on the magic of the ensnarer, and if so, can this be used to help make spells?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 13, 2017, 07:15:58 pm »

Valosh nods thoughtfully. "I took her to a remote location and told her that I had an absolutely evil plan to destroy this village. But you might want to ask a different question before you judge me so cruelly. Since I know what the next question is, I'll answer it; why?

Well, to answer that I need to begin by explaining how I came across Kalith- or rather, a better explanation would be why I brought her to the camp. The young dragon wants to do great things in her life-
 namely, be a wise ruler of many humans- but lacks the real-world experience needed to do so, and as a result of living in an isolated social climate, lacked an understanding of ethics and morals. She wanted me to help her with this issue. However, it's quite difficult to simply teach someone morals. After a minute or so of explaining, I couldn't tell if I was getting through to her or not. I needed to see exactly what I was working with; so I took the young dragon to a remote location, told her about my maniacal plan, making up a scheme on the spot, and offered her power. To my surprise, it seems she was less naive than I thought, and she rejected my ideals; however, I was quite a bit shocked when she went as far as to attack me. I initially figured I would wait for her to make a negative or neutral answer, then explain my bluff; however, once she was already in combat, I doubted she would listen to what I had to say; it'd probably sound like cowardly drivel. All I could do at that point was engage her and hope to immobilize her to properly explain the circumstances.

Of course, thanks to your intervention, that was unnecessary. I've yet to thank you for that.
"

Turning to Kalith, Valosh attempts a smile, but only manages a grimace.

"Sorry for all of this. I never intended it to go like this. I did not intend to traumatize you, and I understand that you may never trust me again.

Maybe that is for the best; for I am a human, and all humans are fools. It is what makes us human.
"

In the meantime, he begins tending to his wounds, and starts chopping up the red mushroom into smaller pieces using his sword.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 05:03:56 pm by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 13, 2017, 07:34:49 pm »

Slice at the giant spiders head multiple times in an attempt to blind it via lack of eyes.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 14, 2017, 12:08:52 am »

Health +1. Try to fashion my bear bones into bracers, or other small protective armour.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 14, 2017, 07:31:37 am »

+1 to mana, eat something and then continue meditating about divination magic
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 14, 2017, 08:36:01 am »

((Since I missed last turn, could you please break this into two turns?
Rest, and eat food until I am full.
Then, make a bed in one of the rooms. Or a couple.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 14, 2017, 01:40:24 pm »

Start working on my sword techniques again. While doing that, try to develop a technique that imbues my Sword with Spirit to cleave through the defenses of my opponents, whether they are physical or magical.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 14, 2017, 04:37:58 pm »

Thanks
Can I ask where you are from and if there are others like you?

Meditate on spirit and earth magic some more, marveling it might make magnificence like these creatures. Listening to and thinking of what they say all the while.

Custom Critical

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 15, 2017, 12:55:21 pm »

Spoiler: Waitlist! (click to show/hide)
Self-Improvement Junkie | "Practice without improvement is meaningless."

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 15, 2017, 07:16:19 pm »

Nighttime: 1 Turn Remaining.
All Campfires dissipate.

ouch! Now I got static in my fur. Go rub it off on someone else.
2 You don't find anyone to rub the static off on. -2 Hunger.

Go outside to watch dawn, and consider the nature of a Familiar, the animals made into extensions of one's soul. Would they still be themselves, with just an alignment toward their ensnarer? Or are their minds lost in familiarization? Does a Familiar have an impact on the magic of the ensnarer, and if so, can this be used to help make spells?
3 You get the sense that a Familiar will become as one with you to some extent, and adopt some of the mentalities that you have towards life. In sharing existence, you will both confer bonuses to the other; The Familiar will become stronger than a regular animal would, and the caster bonded as such would gain some of the abilities that the familiar has, as well as being able to see things through the familiars eyes. However, should the familiar die, one so bonded would lose some of themselves via the grief of the souls lost connection.
Gain Spell: Find Familiar (1 Mana, Charcoal, 1 Use Only)

Valosh nods thoughtfully. "I took her to a remote location and told her that I had an absolutely evil plan to destroy this village. But you might want to ask a different question before you judge me so cruelly. Since I know what the next question is, I'll answer it; why?
Well, to answer that I need to begin by explaining how I came across Kalith- or rather, a better explanation would be why I brought her to the camp. The young dragon wants to do great things in her life- namely, be a wise ruler of many humans- but lacks the real-world experience needed to do so, and as a result of living in an isolated social climate, lacked an understanding of ethics and morals. She wanted me to help her with this issue. However, it's quite difficult to simply teach someone morals. After a minute or so of explaining, I couldn't tell if I was getting through to her or not. I needed to see exactly what I was working with; so I took the young dragon to a remote location, told her about my maniacal plan, making up a scheme on the spot, and offered her power. To my surprise, it seems she was less naive than I thought, and she rejected my ideals; however, I was quite a bit shocked when she went as far as to attack me. I initially figured I would wait for her to make a negative or neutral answer, then explain my bluff; however, once she was already in combat, I doubted she would listen to what I had to say; it'd probably sound like cowardly drivel. All I could do at that point was engage her and hope to immobilize her to properly explain the circumstances.
Of course, thanks to your intervention, that was unnecessary. I've yet to thank you for that.
"
Turning to Kalith, Valosh attempts a smile, but only manages a grimace.
"Sorry for all of this. I never intended it to go like this. I did not intend to traumatize you, and I understand that you may never trust me again.
Maybe that is for the best; for I am a human, and all humans are fools. It is what makes us human.
"

In the meantime, he begins tending to his wounds, and starts chopping up the red mushroom into smaller pieces using his sword.
4 You tend to your wounds some and slice up the mushroom into little pieces. -1 Hunger, +3 Health. You obtain Red Mushroom Piece x3.

Kalith narrows her eyes slightly. "I will admit that Mother told me the benefitsss of vasssalsss, and I offered for Valosssh to become one, but I had not ssseen much outside the cave. He angered me at firssst with hisss ssskepticism, but I wanted to give the ssstranger the benefit of the doubt, I wanted to try to earn trussst. I never mentioned at any point a desssire to rule over an entire group, jussst a wisssh to collect treasssuresss and later find a suitable mate. It was after that he revealed hisss plan at thisss location, to which I went back to missstrusssting him. He admitsss his guilt, apologizesss with empty wordsss. I care not for them." She turns her head back away at that.

I want to know what you did immediately prior to having Kalith attack you... and Kalith, I want to know what he did immediately prior to attacking him. While trying to get the truth out of these two, start thinking about making a truth spell, or maybe just something to allow me to figure out if someone is lying.
2+1 Since Valosh is probably telling the truth objectively from his point of view, and Kalith definitely isn't lying, you learn something about making people tell you the truth whether they like it or not.
Gain Spell: Zone of Truth (2 Mana)

Slice at the giant spiders head multiple times in an attempt to blind it via lack of eyes.
1 It descends upon you, distracting you from your purpose with a venemous bite. -2 Health. Gain Status: Poisoned. Fighting Giant Spider: 15/20 Health.

Health +1. Try to fashion my bear bones into bracers, or other small protective armour.
4 You successfully hollow out the bear bones and make them into some arm guards. You obtain Bear Bone Arm Guards. Skill Unlocked: Crafting Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP.

+1 to mana, eat something and then continue meditating about divination magic
2 All you do is waste some more time, because stuff still isn't ripe yet. -2 Hunger. Warning: Low on Hunger.

Rest, and eat food until I am full.
Then, make a bed in one of the rooms. Or a couple.

4 You rest and eat food. -2 Smoked Fish. Refill Health and Hunger, +3 Mana
6 You build a ton of beds out of the logs in camp. This leaves you as fatigued, prone to lose more energy than usual. Crafting Rank 0: 6/10 EXP. Gain Status: Fatigued.

Start working on my sword techniques again. While doing that, try to develop a technique that imbues my Sword with Spirit to cleave through the defenses of my opponents, whether they are physical or magical.
2+1 You learn that through Spirit, you can channel aggressive magic through your blade. Gain Ability: Arcane Channeling (1 Spirit + Spell Cost, Combat Magic Only)

Can I ask where you are from and if there are others like you?
Meditate on spirit and earth magic some more, marveling it might make magnificence like these creatures. Listening to and thinking of what they say all the while.
4 You definitely get the feeling that this line of thinking is the right track, that all of the elements are connected to dragons somehow. You can't quite put your finger on it, since you haven't had a vision as of yet.
Earth Magic Rank 2: 15/20 EXP. Spirit Magic Rank 1: 8/15 EXP.
"I grew in the cavesss, and I think I have a few sssiblingsss wandering about there. The cloaksss could have done sssomething to them, though."
" My family lives in the hills, though we've spread out quite a bit so I haven't kept track of them all either."

Spoiler: Waitlist! (click to show/hide)
I've put you on the list and will inform you if anyone dies.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 07:22:31 pm by Dwayna DragonFire »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 15, 2017, 07:25:32 pm »

Go out and collect wood to make a new campfire. Make sure that it's well-made.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 15, 2017, 07:26:55 pm »

Nix

Go find something smaller than a bear to fight.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 72