Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 72

Author Topic: Survive (10/10, Endgame)  (Read 134057 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (10/10)
« Reply #300 on: September 15, 2017, 07:27:06 pm »

Valosh pops one of the mushroom pieces into his mouth and chews thoughtfully as Kalith speaks. When she declares her mistrust for him, he seems somewhat surprised, even a little miffed.

"So be it. As I've said before, no good deed goes unpunished.

Anywho. I'm going to get back to work. I have some things to do- the area upstream with the waterfall would make quite a good place to study water magic.
"

With that, Valosh departs (if he is allowed to) to the spring, wades in a little ways, then begins to ponder the nature of water.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 15, 2017, 07:36:35 pm »

Start a fire just outside the door while thinking about fire, then rest on one of the beds.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 15, 2017, 08:25:11 pm »

Have someting to eat and go back to meditating about divination
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 15, 2017, 08:27:17 pm »

blah. Go eat some of my rats.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 15, 2017, 08:46:21 pm »

Keep working on developing my combat through sword practice and work on developing some Combat Magic to channel through my blade. Practice outside.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 15, 2017, 09:59:26 pm »

Watch dawn, and consider the nature of illumination. How could I create a lasting light to illuminate night, like the moments of dawn?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 16, 2017, 01:54:07 am »

Valosh pops one of the mushroom pieces into his mouth and chews thoughtfully as Kalith speaks. When she declares her mistrust for him, he seems somewhat surprised, even a little miffed.

Anywho. I'm going to get back to work. I have some things to do- the area upstream with the waterfall would make quite a good place to study water magic.
"

With that, Valosh departs (if he is allowed to) to the spring, wades in a little ways, then begins to ponder the nature of water.

We're all just ok with this? I don't.... So the whole "try to destroy us" stuff, the dragon attacking him, and I don't know exactly what's going on here? I kinda see Kalith's point on not buying it

Keeps conversing, and concentrating on the dragons, their relationship to the elements and these individual dragons, also earth and spirit magic.

Among the numerous things said,
"I don't know about Valosh either, or anything to do with vassals, but I'd happily be your friend. I think we can easily coexist here without harm and with mutual benefit. I hope your families are alright in any event. Who are the cloaks, and why would they do anything to them?"

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 16, 2017, 05:23:53 pm »

Day 2: Cloudy (8 Turns)

Go out and collect wood to make a new campfire. Make sure that it's well-made.
5 You collect some wood and make a really good campfire this time. Crafting Rank 0: 5/10 EXP. Skill Unlocked: Foraging Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP.

Go find something smaller than a bear to fight.
6 You go into the forest and something small swoops by to claw at your face. The hawk lands in a nearby tree, screeching threateningly at you. -1 Health. Fighting Hawk: 5/5 HP

"
3-1 As you gulp down, a memory comes back to you. Kalith talked about the cloaks and how they had tried to poison her with those mushrooms. -1 Red Mushroom Piece, -1 Health, Gain Status: Poisoned.

Start a fire just outside the door while thinking about fire, then rest on one of the beds.
1 You start a fire outside the door, and go to rest in one of the beds. You wake up to the smell of burning, and realize you are now trapped inside the house, because a fire is blazing just outside the door.
-3 Hunger. Trapped inside the house.

Have someting to eat and go back to meditating about divination
3 You manage to find a carrot so you don't die this turn. You go back to meditating soon after. +1 Hunger, +1 Mana. Divination Magic Rank 1: 2/15 EXP.

blah. Go eat some of my rats.
5 You eat some of the rats you buried. They taste pretty good. Health and Hunger refilled, Gain Status: Full. Digging Rank 0: 8/10 EXP

Keep working on developing my combat through sword practice and work on developing some Combat Magic to channel through my blade. Practice outside.
3+1 You practice some combat, and think about how to develop combat magic. Combat Rank 1: 10/15 EXP. Choose One Magic to learn: Air, Earth, Fire, Water or Spirit.

Watch dawn, and consider the nature of illumination. How could I create a lasting light to illuminate night, like the moments of dawn?
4 Your vision scrambles for some reason. Evocation magic has been separated and enhanced into the five elements, which means that what you're looking for is technically now Fire Magic.
Fire Magic Rank 0: 3/10 EXP. Gain Spell: Light. Touch an object to use it as a makeshift torch. The light lasts for 2 Turns per Mana spent.

Keeps conversing, and concentrating on the dragons, their relationship to the elements and these individual dragons, also earth and spirit magic.
Among the numerous things said,
"I don't know about Valosh either, or anything to do with vassals, but I'd happily be your friend. I think we can easily coexist here without harm and with mutual benefit. I hope your families are alright in any event. Who are the cloaks, and why would they do anything to them?"
6 You have a waking vision of the chained dragon attached to the mages, and begin to understand the nature of why it seems like this. Dragons are normally attuned to the elements naturally, and this strange dragon in the heavens probably ruled over people gaining access to those elements, keeping the balance of the universe through such. Now that they are being wrenched from the very lifeforce of this being, everything has destabilized and something is very wrong with the universe, darkness pouring through the cracks and making monsters appear.

As for your dragon friends, Auraj the brass dragon is unsurprisingly attuned to Fire, and Kalith the Crystal Dragon seems more attuned with the Earth. All of this knowledge gaining makes you feel fatigued.

"The cloaksss tore apart the sssky!" Kalith explains again, but you already knew that from the vision. "They want to hurt usss all!"

-2 Hunger, Gain Status: Fatigued.
Earth Magic Level Up! Choose One: +1 Maximum Health, +1 Maximum Hunger, +1 Maximum Mana, or Learn New Earth Magic. Next Rank: 0/25 EXP.
Spirit Magic Level Up! Choose One: +1 Maximum Health, +1 Maximum Hunger, +1 Maximum Mana, or Learn New Spirit Magic. Next Rank: 0/20 EXP.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 05:37:48 pm by Dwayna DragonFire »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 16, 2017, 05:28:41 pm »

Manipulate Water, put out that fire just outside the house.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 16, 2017, 05:29:23 pm »

Oops.

Valosh feels quite sickened. Food poisoning is never good. If only there were a way to burn the illness out of his system...

With this in mind, he tries to attune himself to fire instead.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 16, 2017, 05:33:17 pm »

Eat more food
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 16, 2017, 06:21:45 pm »

Well it should be fine, right? After all, the fire is outside.
If I can continue to safely sleep, do so.
Otherwise, use fire magic to shrink the fire to a safe size.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 16, 2017, 07:05:58 pm »

go looking for interesting things again. The world is an oyster to me!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 16, 2017, 07:07:17 pm »

Nix

Sheathe sword, attack hawk with my bare hands. Try and model my movements after the hawk's, imbibe its movements into my unarmed fighting style.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 16, 2017, 08:07:52 pm »

Look through the forest for fruits to grow back at the base, all while considering the nature of recovery and healing.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 72