Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 72

Author Topic: Survive (10/10, Endgame)  (Read 134033 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (10/10)
« Reply #330 on: September 19, 2017, 11:11:46 pm »

well, it's a bit odd to find a real pearl on land. Examine it carefully, it might be magical!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 20, 2017, 12:43:18 am »

Respectfully butcher the hawk, devour its organs and incorporate even more of its essence into my own.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 20, 2017, 05:36:04 am »

((I still have two potatoes despite eating one. Quantum potatoes, this is fabulous!))

After a short prayer to the potato gods, Valosh finds a bed and sleeps. Failing that, he just sleeps wherever looks comfiest.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 20, 2017, 05:52:12 am »

Magic, please.
Take a little rest, and then work out how best to domesticate animals.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 20, 2017, 08:21:07 am »

I completely forgot I already animated the bellows. =P
Go into that mine bit and look for raw ore.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 20, 2017, 12:25:11 pm »

Return to camp/base/place with houses, and plant a mango somewhat near the river. Then, cast Plant Growth on it.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 20, 2017, 01:59:35 pm »

((Did I get any combat XP last turn?))

Continue sword training while considering a way to harm enemies on the Ethereal plane, or bind them to me or my equipment for added strength and neat stuff.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 06:48:14 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 20, 2017, 06:36:00 pm »

Dig/Build another 15x15 room (3X by 3X) and cast mud to stone on it. Talk to Dragons. 

"Well, I guess maybe we should consider finding somebody older, before we do things with dragon gods and powerful mages?" somewhat legitimately worried about doing that this soon. Honestly, who knows what could happen.... At least we should be a little more prepared I'd think, or knowledgeable? Something.

This should make 1 (25 x 15) corner room and 4 total 15 x 15 small rooms so far.  Total project will be finished when I have all four corner rooms and all 6 smaller rooms, plus the common room area in the middle. Then on to other buildings (forge, dock, warehouse, other housing when expansion comes etc)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=165348.msg7553456#msg7553456
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 06:41:49 pm by Transcendant »

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 20, 2017, 08:26:54 pm »

((For some reason I stopped getting notifications for this.))

Slash at the giant spider with my sword

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 22, 2017, 12:15:19 pm »

Day 2: Cloudy (5 Turns)
Find Familiar has been changed to Find Simple Familiar.

well, it's a bit odd to find a real pearl on land. Examine it carefully, it might be magical!
4 You concentrate on the pearl, and suddenly you gain some inspiration! Through your eyes, you now see a light aura around the pearl, which seems to indicate that it is indeed magical. what kind of magic it has is still a bit lost on you.
-1 Mana. Skill Unlocked: Divination Magic Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP. Spells: Detect Magic (Lasts 2 turns per Mana). Lingering Effect: Detect Magic (1 Turn)
Pearl Data Updated: Magical

Respectfully butcher the hawk, devour its organs and incorporate even more of its essence into my own.
4 You carve up that hawk and eat its raw flesh. +3 Health. Hunting Rank 0: 7/10 EXP.

After a short prayer to the potato gods, Valosh finds a bed and sleeps. Failing that, he just sleeps wherever looks comfiest.
3 You pray to whatever gods will listen, since you're pretty sure the potato gods aren't real. When you wake up, you feel a bit better. -1 Hunger. Lost Status: Poisoned.

Magic, please.
Take a little rest, and then work out how best to domesticate animals.
You gain Charm Monsters (2 Mana)
Domesticating animals is a long process of earning an animal's trust. As for binding, other than through Spirit Magic, you feel Earth Magic has a solution. You can make certain creatures your Animal Companion, which will confer bonuses to the animal in exchange for just its loyalty to you. However, much like a Familiar, you can only have one at a time. All of this wears you out quite a bit after your rest.
-3 Hunger, Mana refilled. Skills Unlocked: Earth Magic Rank 0 and Spirit Magic Rank 0.
Spells Gained: Simple Animal Companion (1 Mana, 1 Use Only); Find Simple Familiar (1 Mana, Charcoal, 1 Use Only)

I completely forgot I already animated the bellows. =P
Go into that mine bit and look for raw ore.
2 You go into the mine, but instead of finding ore, you find a gigantic centipede. A gigantic hungry centipede. -1 Health, -1 Hunger. Fighting Giant Centipede: 13/13 Health.

Return to camp/base/place with houses, and plant a mango somewhat near the river. Then, cast Plant Growth on it.
6 You plant the mango and cast the spell, which seems more powerful than usual. There's a rumbling sound and you're pushed back as a mango tree bursts out of the ground.
-2 Mana, -1 Health, -1 Hunger. -1 Mango. Earth Magic Rank 1: 5/15 EXP. Skill Unlocked: Farming Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP.
Mango Tree added to Campsite data.

((Did I get any combat XP last turn?))
Continue sword training while considering a way to harm enemies on the Ethereal plane, or bind them to me or my equipment for added strength and neat stuff.
(Updated information. Combat Rank 2: 2/20 EXP.)
1+1 You don't learn anything new this turn, you just waste some time practicing. -2 Hunger

Dig/Build another 15x15 room (3X by 3X) and cast mud to stone on it. Talk to Dragons.
"Well, I guess maybe we should consider finding somebody older, before we do things with dragon gods and powerful mages?" somewhat legitimately worried about doing that this soon. Honestly, who knows what could happen.... At least we should be a little more prepared I'd think, or knowledgeable? Something.
This should make 1 (25 x 15) corner room and 4 total 15 x 15 small rooms so far.  Total project will be finished when I have all four corner rooms and all 6 smaller rooms, plus the common room area in the middle. Then on to other buildings (forge, dock, warehouse, other housing when expansion comes etc)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=165348.msg7553456#msg7553456
You forgot to choose a Building Level Up last turn, so I will just say you get the +1 to Building.
2+1 The dragons generally agree that you should find someone older to help out. You build another room the way that you wish.
-1 Hunger, -2 Mana. Building Rank 1: 2/15 EXP. Earth Magic Rank 3: 7/25 EXP.
Digging Level Up! Choose one: +1 Maximum Health, +1 Maximum Hunger, or a one time permanent bonus +1 to Digging.

Campsite data updated.

Slash at the giant spider with my sword
6 Critical Hit! You gash that spider nice and good, but it still looks to be twitching with life. Also that poison is bothering you. -1 Health, -1 Hunger. Fighting Giant Spider: 5/20 Health.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 12:19:11 pm by Dwayna DragonFire »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 22, 2017, 12:38:12 pm »

Valosh quickly gathers some of the berries from the bushes at the camp, then departs back to the mine, eating them. If time allows, he enters the mine and descends, once again leaving unnecessary tools by the ladder.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 22, 2017, 12:47:40 pm »

More meditation over divination magic
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 22, 2017, 01:33:42 pm »

Eat 3 smoked fish, then take all my fish and go out to find a simple animal companion, preferably of the avian variety. Be prepared to hastily retreat if the spell fails and the creature attacks me.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 22, 2017, 01:37:23 pm »

well, pick it up and drop it in my magically animated bag, then continue exploring.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 22, 2017, 01:57:05 pm »

Feed the centipede a fish, while using shape object on my axe to make a sword.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 72