Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 72

Author Topic: Survive (10/10, Endgame)  (Read 133796 times)

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (10/10)
« Reply #345 on: September 22, 2017, 02:14:01 pm »

Slash at the spider again, and drink its blood to cure myself of poison.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 22, 2017, 02:43:22 pm »

Go back into the forest, and chop down some wood. Consider the nature of sharp edges, and how they are able to stay sharp after frequent use.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 22, 2017, 05:35:53 pm »

Find another wild animal to fight/learn from.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 22, 2017, 07:28:15 pm »

(+1 build works for me, thank you).

Build / dig another corner room (25x15), then cast Mud to stone on it. Invite the dragons to stay as long as they like. Ask them if they know anyone "older" to which we can talk about this, etc. I'll have one of those stawberries as a snack I suppose.

"Please feel free to stay as long as you'd like. I might even build a place for you in time if you'd like. You wouldn't happen to know anyone who would know the information we need about the dragon god and the mages, or anything else useful, would you?"

Making progress.... Soon we'll have a real settlement out in the middle of this place, and possibly with dragons hanging around. I'd suggest the people fighting do so in groups, but that doesn't seem to be having any effect. Formation and phalanx guys.... Meh.

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 23, 2017, 06:23:50 pm »

Day 2: Cloudy (4 Turns)

Valosh quickly gathers some of the berries from the bushes at the camp, then departs back to the mine, eating them. If time allows, he enters the mine and descends, once again leaving unnecessary tools by the ladder.
3 You eat a couple berries and then head back to the mine. You leave your Fishing Rod, Hoe and Watering Can by the ladder again. +1 Hunger
Mine Underground Level 1 Updated.

More meditation over divination magic
6 You learn quite a bit more about divination, but expend a lot of energy in the process. -2 Hunger, -1 Mana. Divination Magic Rank 1: 8/15 EXP.
Spells Gained: Detect Magic (Lasts 2 turns per Mana), Identify Magic (1 Mana, Owl Feather)

Eat 3 smoked fish, then take all my fish and go out to find a simple animal companion, preferably of the avian variety. Be prepared to hastily retreat if the spell fails and the creature attacks me.
4 You eat your fish and use another to lure out a hopeful animal companion. A bird swoops down and you take that advantage to cast your spell. It seems to work, because after its finished eating, it hops over towards you as if to wait for a command.
-4 Smoked Fish. Hunger refilled, Gain Status: Full. Earth Magic Rank 0: 3/10 EXP.
Gain Animal Companion: Hawk, 5/5 Health. Abilities: Enhanced Vision (+1 Hunting), Natural Hunter (+1 Combat).

Perhaps with more time and bonding, your animal companion will enhance its abilities further. Do you want to give it a name?

well, pick it up and drop it in my magically animated bag, then continue exploring.
5 You store the pearl and go exploring more, heading a ways from the camp down the river. You see in the distance what appears to be a stone outcropping in the wall of the river; some slabs stacked and cut in a manner that implies that others had been there before. Do you wish to proceed further? Y/N

Feed the centipede a fish, while using shape object on my axe to make a sword.
5 You successfully distract the centipede with the fish this turn, and change your axe into a sword. -1 Fish, -1 Mana. Lost Axe, Gain Sword. Fighting Giant Centipede: 13/13 Health
Transmutation Magic Level Up! Choose one: +1 Maximum Health, +1 Maximum Hunger, +1 Maximum Mana or Learn New Transmutation Magic.

Slash at the spider again, and drink its blood to cure myself of poison.
2 Your strange logic baffles both you and the spider, so neither of you do anything. However, the poison continues to take effect. -2 Health, -1 Hunger. Warning: Low Health

Go back into the forest, and chop down some wood. Consider the nature of sharp edges, and how they are able to stay sharp after frequent use.
4 You chop down some wood and think about sharp edges. Of course, it's only natural that they would dull over time, but these tools seem to be pretty sturdy unless something particularly violent would happen to them. Of course, there might be a spell or combination of spells that would keep a tool permanently sharp. For now, you learn about keeping them temporarily sharp.
-1 Hunger. You obtain Large Wooden Log x2. Skills Unlocked: Lumberjack Rank 0 and Transmutation Magic Rank 0. Gain Spell: Sharpen (Lasts 2 Turns per Mana)

Find another wild animal to fight/learn from.
4 You see an owl with its babies up in a tree. Looking at these natural predators fills you with determination.
Hunting Level Up! Choose one: +1 Maximum Health, +1 Maximum Hunger, or a one time permanent +1 bonus to Hunting.

Build / dig another corner room (25x15), then cast Mud to stone on it. Invite the dragons to stay as long as they like. Ask them if they know anyone "older" to which we can talk about this, etc. I'll have one of those stawberries as a snack I suppose.
"Please feel free to stay as long as you'd like. I might even build a place for you in time if you'd like. You wouldn't happen to know anyone who would know the information we need about the dragon god and the mages, or anything else useful, would you?"
(I will assume +1 to Digging as well)
3+2 You successfully create another room and solidify it to stone after eating another strawberry. You're getting quite proficient at this.
-2 Mana, +1 Hunger. Digging Rank 1: 5/15 EXP. Building Rank 1: 7/15 EXP. Earth Magic Rank 3: 12/25 EXP.
"We could try to ask an adult dragon," Auraj suggested. "My mother should be somewhere in the hills."
"I'm not sssure about my family at all," said Kalith, a bit sadly. "It would be bessst to go looking for the family of Auraj in that cassse."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 09:04:11 pm by Dwayna DragonFire »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 23, 2017, 06:32:27 pm »

Valosh skirts past the mushroom and looks further into the mine. If he sees any further ores, he will gather them- if not, he simply delves deeper.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 23, 2017, 06:33:34 pm »

yeah, les do it! Gotta be something cool near ruins like that!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 23, 2017, 06:45:49 pm »

+1 Health please. Fistfight the owl, absorb the nuances of its movement into my own.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 23, 2017, 06:56:45 pm »

((Oops, forgot to post for last turn. My bad.))

Training without practice is worthless. Time to go find something to fight, or something to help somebody fight.
Like the spider killing that one guy. Or the centipede. Use  Stone Skin to protect myself, and use Attack Buff while slashing at the enemy.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 23, 2017, 07:02:54 pm »

If this is how it ends, so be it! Take the spider down with me by slashing it!

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 23, 2017, 07:18:23 pm »

(+1 Digging Sounds good. Building should be 7/10 rooms completed, and then I'll roof over the main central room, etc. ETA 4 more spell casting turns, except I'm out of mana currently Then all 10 of the smaller rooms, 4 corner rooms and 6 other rooms, and the large central room they all connect to, will be done ).

Forage for food, preferring strawberries if possible. Plant half of what I find to expand the farm. Talk to the Dragons while I do. Maybe contemplate some nature/earth/spirit magic.

"I imagine I might understand some small bit Kalith. If nothing else, you're both welcome here. If you'd like, it is possible I might even create some lodgings for you at some point.  Wherever we come from, we are here now together. That said, if Auraj's mother would help us, then that would be lovely.

Do you know of anyone else that lives around here while we're thinking about it?"

This way the group will continue to have food, and expand all capacities. The building originally contained 10 rooms around a common room ... for 10 of us. I am ok with one of them containing a forge, although long term I'd like to give the forge its own building. Long term, several functions can have their own building. Alternatively, the building can be scaled up by building stories up or down. This could be useful if we get allies / more inhabitants and want to barter for secure lodgings.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

((Oops, forgot to post for last turn. My bad.))

Training without practice is worthless. Time to go find something to fight, or something to help somebody fight.
Like the spider killing that one guy. Or the centipede. Use  Stone Skin to protect myself, and use Attack Buff while slashing at the enemy.

Thank you for cooperation. Group combat where we gang up on things is probably safer / more effective. Has anybody considered unit tactics? multiple armed humans are better than a solo one, usually....

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 23, 2017, 07:30:03 pm »

I'll take the new transmutation magic.
Animate the sword, and have it fight for me. Avoid the centipede.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 23, 2017, 07:41:00 pm »

Bring logs back to base, and chop one up to prepare to make charcoal out of it. Consider the nature of dulling now, how things lose their sharpness. The specific spell I'm thinking of is the inverse of that last spell I learned, dulling something for 1 turn per mana.

Also, Glass shouldn't've been able to get a familiar. He needs charcoal for that, and he didn't have any last turn.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 23, 2017, 08:28:17 pm »

((Glass didn't get a familiar, he got an animal companion.))

((And Transcendent, while I appreciate the thanks, the cooperation during combat has been done before when Billy Bob helped Nix fight the bear. There was no noticeable bonus that wasn't due to abilities, and the monster attacks both people anyway if they roll low. Perhaps there might be a bonus if it were organized, but I dunno. Also, your requests for people to focus on just combat would make us weaker. After getting the first +1, assuming there are no further +1s with increased rank which seems likely given the "one time" wording for the bonus, the most efficient thing for people to do would be to get the +1 Combat, then grind other skills they won't use, like Digging or Whistling or whatever, to level 1 to accrue the Health and/or Hunger bonuses. It takes the same amount of XP to get two skills to level 1 and get 2 bonuses that it takes to raise Combat from Level 1 to Level 2 and get one bonus. They could also dabble into other magic types for the Mana Bonuses. The only one difficult to raise is Spirit, which appears to only be able to be increased by leveling Spirit Power.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 23, 2017, 09:06:03 pm »

Its name is Redwing.

Return to camp, cook/smoke my remaining raw fish, and gather some charcoal from the campfire.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 72