Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 72

Author Topic: Survive (10/10, Endgame)  (Read 133819 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (10/10)
« Reply #405 on: September 29, 2017, 01:00:28 pm »

this is why I wanted to have a meal before taking my catnap. Eat one of those fish I caught, and try again at resting.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: September 29, 2017, 01:34:30 pm »

New Divination Magic, continue meditation on Divination
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: September 29, 2017, 06:07:15 pm »

Have the sword fight off the scorpion. Use shape object on the cave wall to create a stone pillbx thing around me that I can see out of via small slits.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: September 29, 2017, 06:14:11 pm »

Find ANOTHER vicious animal to fight. Must improve my skills.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: September 29, 2017, 10:48:39 pm »

I'll take the new Spirit Magic.

Time to work on my Spirit Power. Try to develop a method to store it inside myself and release the accumulated power at once for a temporary significant boost to my power, speed, and durability.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: September 30, 2017, 05:54:30 am »

Rest. Eat. Share excess food. Meditate on earth & spirit magic

I guess generally help if someone needs something? I wouldn't mind getting another room done or started etc. Maybe not in the cards this turn. Either way, food and food sources coming along. I thought there was a fiber plant too maybe; I wanna say jute? I might look into that as well as expanding capacity.

Welcome to the new person. Feel free to eat, etc. (There is a new person, right? Unless I missed something).
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 02:39:29 pm by Transcendant »

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: September 30, 2017, 07:53:39 pm »

Find a different tree and go to sleep in it to heal.
Across a river if possible.

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 02, 2017, 12:44:37 am »

Night 2: 8 Turns Remain

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Uh, I guess ....
> Try to discern the different types of known magic.
6 Your mind produces a handy image on top of which you feel divine magic would exist, perhaps within these confines. However, every single picture seems to have a piece broken off of it, and Evocation magic has shattered completely, all of the bits and pieces forming together to make a new image. You feel as if they both have positive and negative magic to tune into, and for each positive and negative, there is a cloaked figure. Perhaps these mages dove too deep... or maybe they have positive energy counterparts somewhere. Either way, all of this takes a lot out of you.
-2 Hunger. Choose one Magic to Learn (as seen in pictures, all but Evocation are available)

Eat a piece of fish and re-attempt my previous action.
6 You learn that any spell cast on yourself can also be shared by your familiar, especially if it's protection magic. You feel quite tired from learning this information.
-2 Hunger. Skill Unlocked: Abjuration Magic Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP. Gain Spell: Stone Skin (2 Mana)

this is why I wanted to have a meal before taking my catnap. Eat one of those fish I caught, and try again at resting.
4 You eat some fish and have a rest. You feel much better. +2 Health, +1 Hunger, +2 Mana. Lost Status: Ill.

New Divination Magic, continue meditation on Divination
See the Truth (3 Mana) This spell allows you to see through illusions, magical or otherwise.
2 You're so busy concentrating on tryign to discern the future that you don't even see the wolf that snuck up to you. -1 Health, -1 Hunger. Warning: Low Hunger. Fighting Wolf: 13/13 Health

Have the sword fight off the scorpion. Use shape object on the cave wall to create a stone pillbx thing around me that I can see out of via small slits.
1 The scorpion gets the jump on you, so you don't do much but get stung by it's enormous stinger. -2 Health. Gain Status: Poisoned. Fighting Giant Scorpion: 13/13 Health

Find ANOTHER vicious animal to fight. Must improve my skills.
1 You find something viscous alright... a swarm of spiders that crawl over you and begin eating at you. -2 Health. Fighting Spider Swarm: 10/10 Health.

I'll take the new Spirit Magic.
Time to work on my Spirit Power. Try to develop a method to store it inside myself and release the accumulated power at once for a temporary significant boost to my power, speed, and durability.

Gain Spell: Minor Heal (1 Mana)
You learn a little bit more about spirit power. You feel like the Enhance Self abilities are what you're looking for, as they will likely last several turns each. This takes a lot out of you.
-2 Hunger. Spirit Power Rank 1. Next Rank: 12/15 EXP. Spirit Abilities updated: Minor Enhance Self (+1 Bonus to all endeavors, Lasts 2 Turns), Moderate Enhance Self (+1 to all for 4 turns, or +2 to all for 2 Turns)

Rest. Eat. Share excess food. Meditate on earth & spirit magic
6 You eat your berry and take a rest, dreaming strange dreams. A figure in a green cloak looks over you, humming to themselves.

You're learning quite a lot, aren't you? Becoming quite powerful. Perhaps I shall have to keep an eye on you...

You wake up. If nothing else, you gained a bit more knowledge of Earth and Spirit. You feel like you're being watched, though.

+1 Hunger, Mana Replenished. Spirit Magic Rank 2. Next Rank: 10/20 EXP. Gain Status: Watched
Earth Magic Level Up! Choose one: +1 Maximum Hunger, +1 Maximum Health, +1 Maximum Mana, or Learn New Earth Magic.

Find a different tree and go to sleep in it to heal.
Across a river if possible.
3 You find a different tree to sleep in. This does nothing to stop the fire across the way. +2 Health, -1 Hunger.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: October 02, 2017, 01:03:24 am »

Yes, this will provide good training for fighting multiple opponents. Use all of my limbs to squish these spiders.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 02, 2017, 06:33:43 am »

I don't know how you pictured it working, but I kind of imagined animated objects as a separate entity.
The sword will keep stabbing, I will use my pickaxe.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 02, 2017, 07:19:51 am »

Eat three pieces of fish, and then go fishing with Canadia, and with Redwing watching for where the fish are.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: October 02, 2017, 07:26:32 am »

I am gonna use speak with animals and say to the wolf
"Hey how about you chill out"
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Custom Critical

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 02, 2017, 10:19:26 am »

I'm going to ...

> Meditate on Divination Magic. Learn what I can do.
Self-Improvement Junkie | "Practice without improvement is meaningless."

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 02, 2017, 10:40:49 am »

Consider what the repercussions of making such a young, undeveloped animal my familiar would be. Then, see if there are any mice nearby to feed them.......
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 02:18:09 pm by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: October 02, 2017, 01:10:13 pm »

Begin heading towards some mountains.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 72