Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 72

Author Topic: Survive (10/10, Endgame)  (Read 133806 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (10/10)
« Reply #420 on: October 02, 2017, 01:56:39 pm »

Practice my swordmanship again and try to use my Spirit Power to develop an ability to manifest bolts or waves of spirit power from my strikes to hit distant opponents.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: October 02, 2017, 07:04:45 pm »

+ 1 Mana please

Try to relax a bit. Fail. Try to meditate a bit on earth and spirit magic. Fail, partially. Only meditate on spirit magic. Then try to pass the time prepping another room a bit and talk to the dragons about what happened?

I tell the dragons what I just saw and ask them if they know anything about it. I am probably a little scared while this happens.

Somewhat uncomfortable, and feeling like somebody's there, but I don't see anyone. Spending a little time trying to figure out if you're paranoid if you're really being watched but just can't see whoever's watching you.... Me? Whoever? Did I mention worried? Because worried, also somewhat worried, and perhaps worried. 

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: October 04, 2017, 12:15:16 pm »

Yes, this will provide good training for fighting multiple opponents. Use all of my limbs to squish these spiders.
5 You successfully crush a bunch of spiders. They're still crawling all around you. -1 Hunger. Combat Rank 1: 12/15 EXP. Fighting Spider Swarm: 5/10 Health

I don't know how you pictured it working, but I kind of imagined animated objects as a separate entity.
The sword will keep stabbing, I will use my pickaxe.
They do. A low roll still equals bad.
6 Critical hit! You slay the scorpion easily with the help of your animated sword. Unfortunately, you're still poisoned. -1 Health, -1 Hunger. Combat Rank 0: 5/10 EXP. Warning: Low Health

Eat three pieces of fish, and then go fishing with Canadia, and with Redwing watching for where the fish are.
2+2 You eat up some fish and then go fishing again with the help of your familiar. You only catch a few fish. -1 Smoked Fish, -2 Cooked Fish. Obtain Fish x3. Fishing Rank 2: 10/20 EXP.

I am gonna use speak with animals and say to the wolf
"Hey how about you chill out"
3 The wolf seems to listen to you, bowing its head. "Sorry... I'm just so hungry." You can sympathize. -1 Mana, -1 Hunger. Warning: Low Hunger.

I'm going to ...
> Meditate on Divination Magic. Learn what I can do.
Skill Unlocked: Divination Magic Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP. Spells: Detect Magic (Lasts 2 turns per Mana). Mana Bar: 5/5
You meditate for a bit, and you feel like you understand Divination magic a bit better. -1 Hunger. Divination Magic Rank 0: 2/10 EXP.

Consider what the repercussions of making such a young, undeveloped animal my familiar would be. Then, see if there are any mice nearby to feed them.......
5 You feel as if a baby owl is insufficient for a familiar, it must be an adult animal. You do find some mice to feed the baby owls with, and they seem to like you a little bit more because you fed them.
Spirit Magic Rank 0: 8/10 EXP.

Begin heading towards some mountains.
3 You successfully head towards the mountains. Now what? -1 Hunger.

Practice my swordmanship again and try to use my Spirit Power to develop an ability to manifest bolts or waves of spirit power from my strikes to hit distant opponents.
2+1 You practice your swordsmanship. You feel like Magic is the far away destructive abilities that just uses Mana, whilst Spirit Power might take something more out of you if you try to spend it to use a far away ability.
-1 Hunger. Combat Rank 2: 8/20 EXP. Spirit Power Rank 1: 13/15 EXP. Warning: Low Hunger. Some Spirit Power abilities may cost Spirit + Hunger or Health. Use caution.

+ 1 Mana please
Try to relax a bit. Fail. Try to meditate a bit on earth and spirit magic. Fail, partially. Only meditate on spirit magic. Then try to pass the time prepping another room a bit and talk to the dragons about what happened?
2 You don't learn anything new about spirit magic. The dragons know nothing about this strange vision you had. What a waste of time. -2 Hunger.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: October 04, 2017, 12:21:58 pm »

Cook 2 fish, smoke 1, and rest.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: October 04, 2017, 01:14:36 pm »

Begin digging a hermit cave.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: October 04, 2017, 01:46:12 pm »

continue exploring the ruins. Use my night vision and my magic-sense.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: October 04, 2017, 01:49:55 pm »

Eat some of my smoked fish and rest for a bit while examining my surroundings. If I see any ore, mine it.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: October 04, 2017, 04:56:01 pm »

Use some of my spirit power to Owl kick these spiders.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: October 04, 2017, 08:13:22 pm »

Eat of some the smoked or cooked fish and maybe some berries I suppose? I'll cast plant growth on some of the berry bushes in the farm.

I don't know. I'm seeing a lot of hunger warnings and stuff, so I just want ample food for everybody. Not surprised that didn't work last round; I was shaken up. I guess I'll just keep making friends with the dragons. At some point, sleep is going to be a thing for us all presumably and I'd rather somebody stand guard / take turns. I dunno.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: October 04, 2017, 08:42:34 pm »

Assure the young owls that everything will be fine, and offer my hand out fwithin the nest jjjor one of them to come with me. I could definitely raise one as an animal companion. That would leave a rabbit or something as the familiar. Not that species for companion and familiar is exclusive or anything.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: October 04, 2017, 09:33:57 pm »

Get some food and eat. Then back to combat training.
Try to use Spirit Power to develop an ability to heal myself while damaging my foes.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: October 05, 2017, 07:22:26 am »

Continue talking to the wolf
"Yeah... to be fair i am hungry aswell... you can come with me and i can get you something to eat"
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Custom Critical

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: October 06, 2017, 03:49:04 pm »

> Learn how to make a fire for warmth.

I'm gonna try to be some kind of adventurer.
Self-Improvement Junkie | "Practice without improvement is meaningless."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: October 07, 2017, 10:30:04 pm »

*bump*
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: October 09, 2017, 09:14:41 pm »

Sorry, everyone. I have been ridiculously busy lately. Canadian Thanksgiving consumed my time.

Nighttime: 6 Turns Remain

Cook 2 fish, smoke 1, and rest.
2 You burn the fish. -3 Fish. Your friend Wren grabs some fish from you. -2 Smoked Fish.

Begin digging a hermit cave.
3 You begin digging successfully. It's lookign to be a good hole so far. As another note, the forest fire went out somehow. Yay? -1 Hunger. Digging Rank 0: 2/10 EXP. River data updated

continue exploring the ruins. Use my night vision and my magic-sense.
1+1 You waste some time and mana, not finding anything. -1 Mana, -1 Hunger.

Eat some of my smoked fish and rest for a bit while examining my surroundings. If I see any ore, mine it.
5 You mine and rest, feeling much better, and then you find some ore.
+1 Health, +2 Hunger, Mana refilled. -1 cooked Fish, obtain Copper Ore x3. Lost Status: Poisoned. Skill Unlocked:Mining Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP.

Use some of my spirit power to Owl kick these spiders.
1 That's not how that works. They begin to eat you alive again. -2 Health, Gain Status: Poisoned. Fighting Spider Swarm: 5/10 Health

Eat of some the smoked or cooked fish and maybe some berries I suppose? I'll cast plant growth on some of the berry bushes in the farm.
6 You eat up some fish from Aaron and cast plant growth on everything, causing every bush to be ripe. This exhausts a lot of your mana and causes that individual to come to you again, this time in the flesh.

You're starting to threaten my sphere of influence. Time for me to do something about that."

They cast a spell and you feel drained, and they disappear. Mana depleted. Earth Magic Rank 4. Next Rank: 5/30 EXP. Bushes confer +1 to Foraging for 2 Turns.

Assure the young owls that everything will be fine, and offer my hand out within the nest for one of them to come with me.
4 One of the baby owls crawls out of its nest and onto your arm. It's just a big fuzzball right now, but with time and care it may become a dependable friend. Gain Pet: Baby Owl. Name it Y/N?

Get some food and eat. Then back to combat training.
Try to use Spirit Power to develop an ability to heal myself while damaging my foes.

2+1 You eat a little something and then get back to training. You learn something new along the way. +1 Hunger. Combat Rank 2. Next Rank: 10/20 EXP.
Spirit Power Level up! Choose one: +! Maximum Health, +1 Maximum Hunger, +1 Maximum Spirit, or Gain New Spirit Ability. Gain Ability: Minor Leech Life (1 Spirit, Touch)

Continue talking to the wolf
"Yeah... to be fair i am hungry aswell... you can come with me and i can get you something to eat"
4 The wolf looks slightly wary, but eventually nods. "Very well. I will trust you for now. Please lead me to a food source." Gain (Temporary) Ally: Wolf

> Learn how to make a fire for warmth.
1 You try to make another fire even though there's already one burning at camp. You burn yourself and waste some time in the process. -2 Health, -1 Hunger.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 03:20:13 pm by Dwayna DragonFire »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 72