Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 72

Author Topic: Survive (10/10, Endgame)  (Read 134045 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (11/10)
« Reply #900 on: September 05, 2018, 02:29:18 pm »

((Slap Glass and point out that the stranger in the cave is NRDL's character and Theron is not close to his character's location at all.))
*shrug*

I'll think of something else to do.
Just thinking, dragon-attacking is not a thing I approve of.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: September 05, 2018, 04:04:15 pm »

lets try and figure something out: how can I passively draw on the mana in the world around me to recharge more efficiently? Perhaps tied in to my air magic?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 04:37:24 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: September 06, 2018, 11:46:47 pm »

If Minor Harm hurts it, I wonder how this will work. Use Attack Buff and hit Navnik hard. I'm running out of hunger anyway, and it would be anticlimactic to starve after all this.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: September 09, 2018, 04:01:09 pm »

Go see Lady Avita Cinna, with Jerra, talk of alliance, of diplomacy.

Naturally, it will depend upon the exact circumstances, but:

Hello Friend. I've come to talk with you again, the world is changing, well from me, woefully from others....
Your streets are paved, your citizens healed, and a blood demon driven off, although it said it will return....
Where did the demon come from, when will it return, what will it do, and how is it to be stopped?
The answers are Hell, a good question, a better question, and quickly, forever if possible.

This is our home, yours here, mine by the river. Some seek to shred the dragon's sky. I ask why. No answer.
We live under that sky, if it falls, it falls on us. Demons, goblins, skyfall, we don't want whatever misery comes.
Let us heal the sick, harvest better crops, train for better lives, save the dragon's sky, and build a paradise.

Paved roads, wonderful walls & buildings, aqueducts, fertile fields, plenty, and a people prepared for the night.
When the demon, or the next calamity comes, what then? Are we best prepared?
Walking in mud, sheltered where, drinking what, eating enough, and a demon fought by who?
Let's walk on stone, shelter safely, drink & eat well, and have our people prepared and send it back to hell.

Let us grow stronger together, as allies.

In time, let us make a village a city of splendors, and a farm a formidable fortress.
Let us heal the people's wounds, and complaints, and have them as our loyal citizenry
Let us train to meet this new, troubling time, because it will come all the same, but it's better if we prepare.
Jerra, and these dragons are my friend and I am theirs. They are welcome in my home and I in theirs.

Let us train a populus prepared to defend itself, well fed by fertile fields, walking on stone, stone walls, and stout hearts.
In time, my magic will make field & city grow, citizen grateful, and purposeful soldiers, whether wielding weapon or will.
Let not, hunger, or want, or fear keep us from happiness in this life, in this place. The demons will come, fend them off.
We will prosper, grow rich and strong, trade with other cities, and have pleasant lives free of poverty.
I will have some place here in dragoncrown to visit and rest, and the same may be said of the riverland, in time.

Who loves hunger, illness, fear, misery? No one. Paved streets, fertile fields, flowing water, healthy & strong citizens. Safety. Alliance.

Let us grow stronger together, as allies under the dragon's sky.

(I'm moving on plans I've had in the works for over a year in real time. September 1, 2017...
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=165348.msg7553456#msg7553456

Rather than build from scratch, and convincing people to move in, there's already a village. We'll build off that. No need to overthrow, never planned to...
Make Allies. Hearts and minds, a reason to live and live better, to remake a heaven of a hell spawned from a broken heaven with a chained dragon.
We have scared people who are sick, not abundantly fed, unarmed, and probably unable to fight off blood demons and whatever else is coming.
Why tremble in fear and want when you can hold a spear or a tool? Follow me.

And, while I do want a great place in it for building it, I don't intend it to be as tyrant.
I build not my kingdom, but our home).

femmelf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: September 09, 2018, 05:10:00 pm »

Yeah, I'll go with him and I guess work on my diplomacy too? Honestly was also gonna meditate on combat some too, but only if that's ok.

Damn.

I Me speek word good too.... I'll be over there not doing that ye.. a... Yup.

For real though, nice.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 05:16:46 pm by femmelf »

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: September 13, 2018, 01:55:48 pm »

Spring Day 5: Partly Cloudy (+Earth Magic/Foraging, -Divination/Necromancy. 4 Turns Remain)
I can't believe this thread has been going for over a year now. Thank you all so much for your interest (and patience) in my silly little game.
That being said, Beirus finally achieved that 9. Congratulations.
World End Counter: 5 days remain.

Let's go fishing. Also, eat some of my own fish so that I'm not so hungry.
3+2 There is apparently a small lake in the village. You fill up on old fish whilst catching some new ones.
Hunger filled. -1 Cooked and Smoked Sunfish. Obtain Carp x5. Fishing Level Up! Choose One: +1 Max Health or +1 Max Hunger.

+1 to hunger
Danea quickly sets up a campfire in the alcove and cooks her brown mushrooms, then eats them.
4+1 You successfully cook up the mushrooms and have a nice feast. Health replenished, +6 Hunger. Mushrooms depleted. Cooking Rank 0: 5/10 EXP.

+1 combat please
Curbstomp the goblin currently prone until death. Then try and non-lethally restrain the damaged goblin.
1+1 The goblin that is currently grappling you is good at wrestling, keeping you occupied for the turn. Its friend cheers it on. -1 Hunger.

((I see. Was worried you meant a permanent power cost.))
Well then meditate, I guess. Continue thinking about ways to enhance materials.
(Only certain situations would require a permanent sacrifice of your power. Magic like this only requires mana and some materials.)
3 You meditate on transmutation magic. With the experience of charged crystals, you think you may be onto something.
-1 Hunger, +1 Mana. Transmutation Magic Rank 3: 19/25 EXP. Learn Spell: Copper to Iron (1+ Mana, Requires Copper + Charged Crystal)

Stay in hiding for now, while quickly tending to my wounds. If food would help with recovering mana/health, eat a little. The Wyrmling is seriously damaged and in the time it can recover from some of it's wounds, I will have another heavy spell ready to finish it off.
Wonder if I could activate Blood for Power right now without damaging myself by using these fresh wounds before trying to heal.

4+1 You eat to help replenish health and hunger, and then use some of your fresh blood to recharge. The dragon is confused, wondering where you hid this time.
Deer Meat depleted. Health, Hunger and Mana replenished. Necromancy Level Up! Choose One: +1 Max Health, +1 Max Hunger, +1 Max Mana or Learn New Necromancy

Right. Go back and start a fire to cook some more fish, and eat the one I have cooked, along with a few Strawberries.
Time to see if I can decipher one of these scrolls.

4+1 You don't feel hungry right now, so you relax, cook some fish and try to read a scroll. You think that this is some form of arcane writing, meaning it's magical. You learn to read it.
Health replenished. +3 Cooked Smallmouth Bass. Skill Unlocked: Divination Magic Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP. Spells: Read Magic (1 Mana). Gain Mana: 5/5.

lets try and figure something out: how can I passively draw on the mana in the world around me to recharge more efficiently? Perhaps tied in to my air magic?
4 The air itself is filled with magic, so you start thinking about ways to regenerate mana. You may need a magical item, or to imbue something magically to do so.
-1 Hunger, Mana replenished. Air Magic Rank 1: 13/15 EXP.

If Minor Harm hurts it, I wonder how this will work. Use Attack Buff and hit Navnik hard. I'm running out of hunger anyway, and it would be anticlimactic to starve after all this.
6+3 You use attack buff and slice at the Spectre. Navnik laughs as you tear him asunder, black void spilling out from between his seams.

"Fool. You have doomed this world, and everything in it."

Void spills outwards and shoots towards the heavens, splitting cracks in the sky. Starlight spills out from the cracks even though it's still daytime. You have killed Navnik, at the cost of the universe.

-2 Spirit, -1 Hunger. Combat Rank 4: 15/30 EXP. Navnik the Spectre: Dead. World End Counter: 5 days remain.

Go see Lady Avita Cinna, with Jerra, talk of alliance, of diplomacy.
<snipped>
6 Your speech holds a lot of weight, especially when the cracks in the sky suddenly appear. Avita looks worried, concerned even. She looks to you, with little trust left to give for strangers.
"Very well. We have no choice but to accept," she says, shaking your hand in agreement. "Consider me your ally, and the people of Dragoncrown at your disposal."
-1 Hunger. Diplomacy Level Up! Choose One: +1 Max Health, +1 Max Hunger or +1 Diplomacy (1 time only). Lady Avita: Ally, but not a trusted one.
You can influence her now, but she may still say no to some requests.

Yeah, I'll go with him and I guess work on my diplomacy too? Honestly was also gonna meditate on combat some too, but only if that's ok.
5 She shakes your hand, accepting you as part of the agreement. She seems a bit more trusting with you for some reason. You meditate on combat after your chat.
+1 Mana. Lady Avita Cinna: Ally. Diplomacy Rank 0: 8/10 EXP. Combat Level Up! Choose One: +1 Max Health or +1 Max Hunger

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (11/10, 5 Days Remain)
« Reply #906 on: September 13, 2018, 02:15:38 pm »

Well crab.
Find the nearest shrine to anything, lay out an offering of fish, and try to make contact with someone that might know how to fix this.
If I could somehow get the Great Dragon and all the mages on call simealtaneously, that would be ideal. After all, not a single one of them wants reality to fall to pieces.

Also +1 hunger
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 09:02:38 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: September 13, 2018, 06:16:05 pm »

Snap this resisting goblin motherfucker's neck. Then restrain the other one.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: September 13, 2018, 06:48:48 pm »

Danea goes hunting with her sickle. She doesn't need the meat, but rather the hide to make proper gauntlets so she can hold her pet.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: September 13, 2018, 06:52:51 pm »

+1 hunger

Level up my Divination by divining the location of more divination scrolls with one of the divination scrolls in my possession..

Go search for said divination scrolls, then bring them back to camp.

Try saying that first line ten times fast...

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: September 13, 2018, 09:59:56 pm »

I must complete my final goal! Head back up and smelt my materials, then setup a ritual to transform the copper into iron. Need war golems stat.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: September 13, 2018, 11:42:21 pm »

I am a cat, not an artificer. I would somehow have to imbue myself! Actually, that’s not a bad idea, though I will need help with it.

Attempt to draw the attention of the air mage to me via lightning-bolt practice.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: September 14, 2018, 02:23:43 pm »

+1 Mana.

Cut myself with the sword again to boost my spirit magic and blast the dragon with a 6 (or 7 if upgrading mana also gives me an extra point to use.) mana Major Harm! If it dies, cut it into pieces and spill it's blood while calling for the Spirit Mage.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 07:09:03 pm by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: September 19, 2018, 03:05:54 am »

Billy Bob is speechless for a moment. All he wanted to do was train. Shrugging it off, he decided to move forward and try not to let the universe end. And he could only start one way.

Go eat and rest to regain Hunger, Health, Mana, and Spirit.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

femmelf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: September 19, 2018, 10:51:45 pm »

+1 Health

More combat meditation. Reassuring Lady Avita as much as practical, given the circumstances.

Honestly, it depends on what Wren does, because I wasn't exactly planning for the sky literally breaking. Either he did, or his speech was really a coincidence. Not really sure how that happened or what to do about it. Do we know where everyone is even? Somehow we probably need some kind of plan. Either he has one or we might be screwed. Also I don't know that every player is even on the same side.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 10:53:17 pm by femmelf »
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 72