Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Nox LTD. [The Fortress]  (Read 12690 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. [The Fortress]
« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2017, 09:52:47 am »

Throw the dying man over the wall outside the fortress, answer my allies myself:
"Four guards at the main gate. One on the tower south of us. Six at the entrance to the keep. Four horses between the entrance to the keep and this eastern wall, in a corral. We have the high ground and bows."

Spoiler: Brutus (click to show/hide)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2017, 12:05:13 pm »

"Very well let's just shoot them then, clear the walls, raise the birdge slaughter thise inside."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 01, 2017, 12:37:24 pm »

Raise the Bridge? A wise course, if we can get it up before they get back across. It would reduce the enemy by four, anyway.

I agree, we should shoot the guards from the wall. Perhaps we should start with those at the door to the keep. I will defend against the guard in the south tower.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 01, 2017, 02:19:17 pm »

"Should be only one guard left on the wall, just shoot those on the ground"
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 02, 2017, 02:14:40 pm »

Holy shit, that's awesome.

Pick up my bow and proceed up the castle wall via grappling hook.
You set off towards the north-western tower, and find a dangling rope awaiting you there. You quickly scale the wall, and pull yourself up and over onto the ramparts themselves.

Re-engage stealth. Call upon mental map of the area.
Three long, drawn out calls bellow out from below you. Upon the third, you see all but two of the guards at the entrance to the keep disappear inside. You're guessing that must be the signal for 'fall-back'.

You crouch down behind the parapets, hiding yourself from vision, before recalling a map of the area.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

You note that two of the guards which were protecting the gate are un-accounted for. You didn't hear or see them cross the courtyard, which makes you assume they are inside the gate-house.

Time to interogate the dying guard, if he refuses to answer stab him in the hands, then heal him.
"Alright you can tell us about the guards here, traps, and things in this castle and you'll live and walk off into that forest or you can die here slowly as I'll keep you right on the brink of death tearing you bit by bit with my knife nd healing you jusssst enough to keeo you alive
,"[/color]
Shoot the guy south of me with an arrow.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You draw your bowstring back, and let an arrow loose against the guard directly south of you.
[STEALTH: 7] The arrow flies true and impacts the 'guard' with a strange sound, not unlike the hollow echo of a bolt striking a tree. He does not call out, or move, after being struck being struck by your arrow, and it protrudes out of him.

Throw the dying man over the wall outside the fortress, answer my allies myself:
"Four guards at the main gate. One on the tower south of us. Six at the entrance to the keep. Four horses between the entrance to the keep and this eastern wall, in a corral. We have the high ground and bows."

[AUTO] You grab the dying man by digging your fingers deep into the twin holes into his chest. He lets out a weak moan, which sounds much more akin to a sigh, but is unable to defend himself as you heave him up and over the wall. You hear nothing for a few moments, followed by a sickening, bone-crunching thud from below.

Guard 3 has been Struck Down!

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 02, 2017, 04:57:38 pm »

Walk toward athe gat.e on the wall, try and find a way to close it
"I'll gomclose the gate, can you guys start shoot at the guards inside? Also one of you grab my hook please."
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 02, 2017, 05:27:36 pm »

*Chirp*

Grab the hook now that I'm up here. Plant bow on the inner edge of the wall. For now, just take careful aim at one of the soldiers within the keep without firing. Alpha-Strike may as well be as accurate as possible, yes?
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 03, 2017, 12:25:06 am »

"Tarvafoul".

Do as Atyr says and start stealth-sniping guards from my position.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 03, 2017, 06:42:18 am »

That map shows an alarming lack of guards at their original stations. Ah well, begin sniping with my crossbow at the guards in front of the keep.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 03, 2017, 10:39:55 pm »

Walk toward athe gat.e on the wall, try and find a way to close it
"I'll gomclose the gate, can you guys start shoot at the guards inside? Also one of you grab my hook please."
You carefully walk south down the rampart toward the gate house. You pass the 'guard' which turned out to just be a really well made wooden decoy as you turn the corner to the gatehouse. Your guess is that the controls for the bridge lie within, but the door leading in is closed and locked.

*Chirp*

Grab the hook now that I'm up here. Plant bow on the inner edge of the wall. For now, just take careful aim at one of the soldiers within the keep without firing. Alpha-Strike may as well be as accurate as possible, yes?
You grab the grappling hook, carefully wrapping it and storing it in your pack before planting your bow upon the rampart. You size up your targets, and take careful aim.

"Tarvafoul".

Do as Atyr says and start stealth-sniping guards from my position.
You draw your bowstring back from behind the wall, before popping up and letting an arrow loose on the right-most keep guard.
[STEALTH: 2] It isn't a very good shot, striking the guard in the foot [D5 for damage: 2-5(Armour) and pinging off his steel boots.

The guard you struck signals to the man across from him, and they both raise their shields toward your merry band of thieves.

That map shows an alarming lack of guards at their original stations. Ah well, begin sniping with my crossbow at the guards in front of the keep.

You point your crossbow at the left-most guard, and let a bolt loose.
[ [5+1](Attack) vs [4+1](Block) ] He raises his shield a touch too late, and your bolt strikes his shin [D5 for Damage: 1-5(Armour)], deflecting harmlessly to the side off of his armour.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 03, 2017, 10:44:26 pm »

"Not working. They'll come."

Disengage, and slip back into the shadows. Figure out where the stairway leading down would be.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 03, 2017, 10:44:44 pm »

"Weak shots on hard armor. Now lets see a strong shot on brittle armor~"

Fire. Through the shield. Try blocking a great arrow, you'll get your arm pierced, or your shield knocked away at the least.
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 04, 2017, 05:23:16 am »

Try and kick open the door, using the sword and a mordhau strike if needed
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 09:52:35 am by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 04, 2017, 07:11:23 am »

"Yeah, these rnaged weapons do not have sufficient force to get through their armor. Bah, back to the old ways.

Wield Bastard Sword and one handed sword once more. Find the stairs, but keep some distance from my stealthy friend so as not to draw attention to him.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 05, 2017, 09:45:47 pm »

"Not working. They'll come."

Disengage, and slip back into the shadows. Figure out where the stairway leading down would be.

You quietly duck back behind the parapets, slipping back into the shadows.
As far as you can tell, there are no stairways leading down off the wall. Your best guess is that the path down lies within the gatehouse.

"Weak shots on hard armor. Now lets see a strong shot on brittle armor~"

Fire. Through the shield. Try blocking a great arrow, you'll get your arm pierced, or your shield knocked away at the least.
You pull back your bowstring and unleash another arrow, this time aimed directly at the left-most guard's raised shield.
[ [8+2](Attack) vs [10+1](Block) ] You arrow flies perfect and true, but the guard does not simply stand still and await impact. He squares up to the arrow, and uses his shield as a bat, deflecting the arrow directly back at you.
[ [5](Attack) vs [2+1](Dodge) ] You try to duck away from its trajectory, but it impacts as you do so [D5 for damage: 4], striking the top of your shoulder and clearing through to the other side.

Try and kick open the door, using the sword and a mordhau strike if needed
You drive your boot into the door,
[3] And it doesn't budge. Your foot hurts a fair bit, but you'll be fine.

"Yeah, these rnaged weapons do not have sufficient force to get through their armor. Bah, back to the old ways.

Wield Bastard Sword and one handed sword once more. Find the stairs, but keep some distance from my stealthy friend so as not to draw attention to him.

You stash your crossbow, and again draw your bastard and one-handed swords. You put a bit of distance between you and the Kobold, before searching for the stairs.
There are no visible staircases down to the ground from the wall, making you assume that they are contained within the gatehouse.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8