Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 99

Author Topic: You are a Monster - Turn 63  (Read 215776 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster - Turn 23
« Reply #690 on: May 15, 2018, 08:30:49 am »

Well that certainly happened... question, how big is the Dandakara?
Adult Human sized!

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: May 15, 2018, 08:35:52 am »

Adult Human sized!
Well, nobody said protoquins were necessarily smart, besides, it may very well be terrified of my licky boi from all that terrorizing.

The Protoquin

Um... try to scare it, and don't attack unless that works.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: May 15, 2018, 08:58:32 am »

((Goddamnit, stop denying me essence >_<))

"Attack while it's distracted! Aim for the head!"
Mind blast the transforming monster until I run out of energy, try to disrupt their transformation by extreme amounts of brain damage and severe disorientation.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: May 15, 2018, 12:23:18 pm »

"Perish, brute!"

Strike the abomination with all my might! At this point, the one who wins is the one who doesn't re-die first!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 12:24:58 pm by ironsnake345 »
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: May 15, 2018, 01:47:30 pm »

Go'Von
Dinnertime. If it has a visible neck, strangle it. Otherwise pluck out its eyes.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: May 15, 2018, 02:45:29 pm »

"Vengeance is sweet, yes? Ogres stole, and now have been stolen back. Did not go as well as planned, but still good, yes?"
Make sure everyone present is alright. Even my "rival", the envious grasper. I have enough essence to transform again, right?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 03:54:42 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: May 15, 2018, 02:57:44 pm »

Ogres stile
stile
((sorry to be that guy, but it's spelled steal))
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: May 15, 2018, 03:52:57 pm »

Ogres stile
stile
((sorry to be that guy, but it's spelled steal))
I intended to do stole, but autocorrect on phones is a pain
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: May 15, 2018, 04:06:43 pm »

((ahh, autocorrect. I know your pain, hache.))

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: May 15, 2018, 05:23:48 pm »

Eximius simply laughs. "Isn't it natural? Fate wouldn't let just anyone become my user. Kid, I may be strong, but a weak and talentless wielder wouldn't hold onto me for long. Have more confidence in your own abilities. Though I have to admit, this goes beyond mere talent. There's something unusual about it... and I will dig every bit of that strength out of you in time." It is then that his attention refocused back on the Essence.

"... I'd like to test something."

Direct Prias to attempt touching the Essence. If nothing happens, simply absorb it.

"How are you feeling, Veras? Will you be fine if we go on ahead or should we take a break here for now?"
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: May 16, 2018, 01:51:08 am »

After receiving some clarifications about artifacts availiable, Ulkas could not help but grin enthusiastically. Astrosa semi-defeated attitude was making his grin even wider, to uncomfortable levels. Still, there was no denying his achievement. With these artifacts at their possession... Who knows, how long it would take to match Malderuine?

"Ah, hah, Astrosa, don't be so dejected... As I said before, I'm using my powers to get us advantage long before actual combat starts. So now, that we received such a boon, your time to shine would come soon enough."

Turning back to Xatares, Ulkas bowed:

"I'll gladly assist your scouting efforts, assuming the data collected won't be used against us at later date - with state of the world, we're bound to make some decisions questionable at best by ancient standards."

"As for equipment, we'd gladly take a full set for each of us, along with heavy and light tools to use alongside it."

Agree on another Quest, receive artifacts and help Astrosa gear up into battle machine of death.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster - Turn 24
« Reply #701 on: May 16, 2018, 04:03:58 am »

Turn 24:

Turn 23

Squelchy, the Omnislime (Coolrune206)
Squelchy continues to move away from the Miasma Dragon's feast, leaving a pheromone trail along the ground to guide any lost slimes that found it back to the group. Squelchy assumed that the slimes would at least know where to start looking, as they had all heard his orders of where they would go.

You resumed your march, followed by a handful of slimes. Leaving behind a pheromone trail, you hoped the lost slimes would find you and join back the group.

Pheromone Trail:
Action Roll (6): [7]
Outcome: [6] -Overshoot-

Somewhere else, the trail was picked up by slimes and unwanted creatures...

Event Roll: [2]
Venturing in these unknown parts of the jungle, you thought about Jeruga's words. Did he lie to you all just to get rid of you? Having spent several days looking for the green pastures he spoke of, you were inclined to think this "Master of the Orchard" was nothing more than a dirty liar.

As you cursed him in your heart, a hiss dragged you back to reality. At the base of a tree was lying a wounded cobra-like creature. It had a barbed tail and horns on its head. Judging from its wounds, it had managed to escape the Miasma Dragon's attack.

Nearby Monsters:
-Cobra monster
-a few slimes

Spoiler: Squelchy Status (click to show/hide)

The Protoquin (Failbird105)
Adult Human sized!
Well, nobody said protoquins were necessarily smart, besides, it may very well be terrified of my licky boi from all that terrorizing.

The Protoquin

Um... try to scare it, and don't attack unless that works.

Spook:
Action Roll (6): [1] -Critical Failure-

You suddenly started stomping and flailing your arms in an attempt to imitate the rampage you ushered in the dream. The single closed eye of the Dandakara opened, and it attempted to hit you with one of its seven limbs.

Dandakara:
Combat Roll (Str 0 vs Con 0): [5] vs [10]
Critical Roll: [5] -Normal Counterattack-
Counterattack Roll (Str 0 vs Con 0): [7] vs [2]
Damage Roll: [2]*1=[2]

You tongue slapped the porcelain pantin in retaliation, knocking it back. It then stood back up, ready to attack again.

Nearby Monster:
-Dandakara: Wounded?
> -2HP

Spoiler: The Protoquin Status (click to show/hide)

Neophytos the Sole Survivor, Psychic Pain Spider (randomgenericusername)
((Goddamnit, stop denying me essence >_<))

"Attack while it's distracted! Aim for the head!"
Mind blast the transforming monster until I run out of energy, try to disrupt their transformation by extreme amounts of brain damage and severe disorientation.

Mind Blast:
(Int 1 vs Ind -1): [5] vs [5] vs [8]
Outcome Roll: [4] -Failure-

You fire a pure blast of psychic energy at the transforming Elemanoptera, who is now surrounded by a golden shell, but your attack seems to merely "bounce off" an invisible field.

Flavor Roll: [4]
Sedre and the 5 Sylvarian Warriors rushed to the Elemanoptera, striking it with their grown battle limbs. The six of them managed to break through the protection, wounding their target. It seemed the transformation had slowed a bit from the interruption. And suddenly, the Elemanoptera broke through its own shell, flying upward. It then quickly retreated, leaving you unable to pursue it.

With all your assailants gone, the way was now safe. Sedre urged everyone not to waste time and resume your march toward the Arachnastinian lands.

You noticed 2 unclaimed Lesser Essence, belonging to dead Elemanoptera that weren't cannibalized

Nearby Monsters:
Allies:
-Sedre, Sylvarian leader (-2)
-2 Sylvarian Warriors (-2)

-3 Sylvarian Warriors (-2)
> One: Critically Wounded (-?)

-Species representative Jijjia (Owl) (-2) Casting an Illusion Spell
-Species representative Boor (Boar) (-8+)

Enemies:
-Large Elemanopteran Soldier (-7) [Gone]
> Elemental infusion [Fire/Thunder]

Terrence the Bone Baron - (ironsnake345)
"Perish, brute!"

Strike the abomination with all my might! At this point, the one who wins is the one who doesn't re-die first!

You firmly grasped your bone broadsword. One of you would be deader than the other, it was now or never!

Bone Sandwich:
Combat Roll (Str 1 vs Con 2 (-1)): [12]+2 (Bone Broadsword +2) vs [3]-2 (Rage Mode -2)
Critical Roll: [8]+3 -Critical Hit-
Damage: [6]*1+1=7

Right as it turned to face you, you lept forward in a battlecry, holding your sword with two hands overhead. And then with a mighty downward slash you cleaved its head and half its upper body in two! Right as your sword stopped, you pulled it back and took a big leap back.

Your strike was decisive, the massive wound generated an impressive amount of steam from its boiling fluids, and the Abomination was moving slowly and erratically. Finally, it collapsed loudly, dead for good.

5 Lesser Essence unclaimed

Nearby Monsters:
-Vel, the Dead Rider: [Friendly/Ally]
-Undead Abomination: [Deader than Undead] [Enraged State (Reduced Defences)]
> -25

Spoiler: Terrence Status (click to show/hide)

Go'Von, the Strangler Ooze (Puppyguard)
Go'Von
Dinnertime. If it has a visible neck, strangle it. Otherwise pluck out its eyes.

You glanced at its exposed, elongated white neck.

Strangle:
Action Roll (5): [4]
Outcome: [4] -Failure-
You coiled your arms around its neck, and exerted enough pressure to break a limb. The frog's mouth opened wide-open as its muscles contracted, but it didn't react at all. Then the frog's head just split off from its body with only a small spurt of blood, leaving you with an unmoving frog head in your arms. Actually, it was stuck to you by some viscous substance.

The headless body had suddenly lept away from you. It emitted a low sound toward you. You glanced at the head stuck to your arm. Its skin had turned vivid red and it was very hot.

Nearby Monsters:
-Headless Albino Humanoid Frog: [Hostile]

-Many!
-A lot of critters
-Some very dangerous ones

Spoiler: Go'Von Status (click to show/hide)

The Azarian Project, the Thoughling (Dustan Hache)
"Vengeance is sweet, yes? Ogres stile, and now have been stolen back. Did not go as well as planned, but still good, yes?
Make sure everyone present is alright. Even my "rival", the envious grasper. I have enough essence to transform again, right?

You checked up on everyone present. Several beings had changed from their transformations, generally becoming much more big, grotesque and twisted than the frail beings they once were. The Envious Grasper was in prime shape, and the still fresh Ogre blood on its hands revealed it must have been enjoying the battle. You didn't feel like you knew any of them, you couldn't help but wonder what became of the being of thought that you first met.

Looking at the place they had gathered at, it seemed they had been trying to do something with a curious carved stone orb. It had a definite "magic feel" to it.

Intuition:
Action Roll (15): [16]
Outcome Roll: [1] -Success-
You could feel it... the power of many. Within that orb. All the stolen power was inside, but how to access it? From the behavior of the other monsters, it seemed non one had been able to take back the power sealed inside.

[Yes, you can transform]

Nearby and not-so-Nearby Monsters:
-Envious Grasper: Independent
-Less Ones of Thought (Stage 0): [Neutral+]
-Ones of Flesh (Stage 0): [Neutral+]

Eximius Res, the Rusty Ring (Hawk132)
Eximius simply laughs. "Isn't it natural? Fate wouldn't let just anyone become my user. Kid, I may be strong, but a weak and talentless wielder wouldn't hold onto me for long. Have more confidence in your own abilities. Though I have to admit, this goes beyond mere talent. There's something unusual about it... and I will dig every bit of that strength out of you in time." It is then that his attention refocused back on the Essence.

"... I'd like to test something."

Direct Prias to attempt touching the Essence. If nothing happens, simply absorb it.

"How are you feeling, Veras? Will you be fine if we go on ahead or should we take a break here for now?"

You instructed Prias to touch the Essence, which acted like a flutterig golden thread looking for something. But Prias couldn't see what you saw, and simply waved his hand where you told him to.

Prias and Essence:
Action Roll (15): [5]
Outcome Roll: [5] -Partial Success-

There was a very faint reaction. The Essence 'jolted', and Prias felt something weird that he couldn't describe. But he didn't absorb it, nor did the Essence's behavior changed afterward. Interested yet dejected, you absorbed the Essence, filling you with power and a feeling of partial completion.

Once your little ritual was over, you inquired about Veras' state.
"Well... I definitely won't be able to take a further hit. My mana reserves are still full and I won't have a problem cast spells. Tch, scratch that... it would be such a shame to back off now. Continuing would be very risky though, especially considering a Warknight wandered these ruins."

"How so?"

"Either this one was just wandering after having lost its last command, or it was actually guarding the place. In the latter case, that would mean there is something serious to protect there, and that there is a high chance of encountering more Eternals... Well, if I were on my own I would have definitely given up. But seeing how you two took down this monster... I'm not so sure. What do you two think?"

"To be fair, I don't think I can blindly trust my abilities immediately. Or maybe I don't want to. Everything is basically weighing on my shoulders, right?"

Of Ambition:
Action Roll (8 ): [6]
Outcome Roll: [5] -Partial Success-

"Yet... part of me want to go on. Challenge my limits. I think I can go on, but if any of you disagree, let's leave. I don't think following my guts is the way to go given the situation."

It seems you have the final say, what say you?

Nearby Monsters:
-1 Dead Warknight: Dead-dead
> -16HP
> Wielding: Sword and Shield / Bow
> Armored

Spoiler: Eximius Res Status (click to show/hide)

Ulkas, the Horned Demon (Sarrak)
After receiving some clarifications about artifacts availiable, Ulkas could not help but grin enthusiastically. Astrosa semi-defeated attitude was making his grin even wider, to uncomfortable levels. Still, there was no denying his achievement. With these artifacts at their possession... Who knows, how long it would take to match Malderuine?

"Ah, hah, Astrosa, don't be so dejected... As I said before, I'm using my powers to get us advantage long before actual combat starts. So now, that we received such a boon, your time to shine would come soon enough."

Turning back to Xatares, Ulkas bowed:

"I'll gladly assist your scouting efforts, assuming the data collected won't be used against us at later date - with state of the world, we're bound to make some decisions questionable at best by ancient standards."

"As for equipment, we'd gladly take a full set for each of us, along with heavy and light tools to use alongside it."

Agree on another Quest, receive artifacts and help Astrosa gear up into battle machine of death.

"Oh, don't be mistaken by my small fantasies. I genuinely appreciate your plan and what you managed to obtain for us, I am not one to shun a helping hand. After all, there is no such thing as a fair fight, is it? We will need all the power we can get to get back to Malderuine and the others."

Her face drew a devilish smile as she said the last sentence, bringing a warm feeling to your heart. Ah, how you couldn't wait to see your Queen reveal her true beauty in carnage! Dismissing these thoughts, you then returned to your conversation with Xatares.

"Magnificent. This cooperation will be most beneficial, you will not regret our accord. And fear not about your morality, we are by no mean judges, and the new world doesn't have to live up to the old world's standards. Between you and me, I would be satisfied seeing a savage and disgusting new world. That would enforce the glorious and beautiful memories I have of my world."

Hearing that, you wondered. This Xatares felt surprisingly "humane", "alive" for what appeared to be a construct. Right now, it merely wished to keep its memories of what once was beautiful and untarnished.

Afterward, another Sentinel teleported in, bringing with it several of the requested items. You donned the suit following Xatares instructions, and Astrosa followed soon after, not before letting out an unconvinced "Am I supposed to wear that?". That suit really felt like a second skin, it was a great feeling of protection and mobility. Your body seemed lighter.

As for the armors, while they were heavy, that weight almost disappeared when you put it on and the armor activated. Special locks for the Shatterers allowed for easy carrying, but the Collapser required using your hand. You explained the powers of these artifacts to Astrosa, changing her view on these. She had the look of someone who couldn't believe they were carrying something so powerful, it seemed like she could ask if it was a joke at any moment. But after a glance to the towering Sentinels, her disbelief disappeared as swiftly as it came.

Then the Sentinel finally handed you the ring.
"This is the Monica-type Assistant 'Liel'. She will be accompanying you and supporting you during your journey, and will serve as a link between us."

As you donned the ring, you felt a mental connection establishing.
"Monica-type Assistant, codename Liel at your service. I am specialized in data collection and analysis, though I can naturally adapt and alter my options to better suit the situation. How shall I refer you to?"

[New Companion: Liel the Assistant]

Nearby Visible Beings:
-Xatares Sentinel: Non-Hostile
-Xatares Core Unit: Non-Hostile

Spoiler: Ulkas Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 06:51:17 am by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster - Turn 21
« Reply #702 on: May 16, 2018, 04:04:45 am »

Beirus if you missed it!

Woopsie, sorry for that! Will get you a faster action as an apology :)

Gray the Unstable Prismetal Blaster (Beirus)
((Is glyph magic always going to be a full body thing? That might make it hard to use while fighting. Oh, or can I do it with small parts too and shoot glyph bullets at someone?))
((Edit: It's an action now))

"It feels really good. But I think I'm less cohesive. I have more energy now! And I think I could feel the magic flowing through me. I think I have an idea! If the glyph provides the intent and shape for the spell, maybe I can provide my own intent without the glyph if I channel it through me."

Time to test new stuff. Recreate that feeling as the magic flowed through me. Shape the spell as it passes through me and direct it to make a small ball of light at the tip of my finger. Make sure to point my finger away from everyone, just to be safe. Hopefully it'll be easier since I have the Light element in my body.

"A cohesion loss? That seems similar to glyph worn. Mmh, that's interesting. So you went with a Glyph relieving exhaustion, a success!"

While Hinrab monitored you with renewed curiosity, you kept practicing your new magic senses. Remembering your days of meditation, you focused on the feeling of flowing magic.

Mana Focus -Flow-:
Action Roll (4): [2]
Outcome Roll: [3] -Failure-

Unlike what you were used to, your inner flow was in an agitated state. Was it because of using magic for the first time? You took note of this sensation, and delving further into it made you realize an annoying fact. Your internal magic coherence made it hard to activate a glyph formed by part of your body. The bigger flow disrupted the smaller flow.

Glyph-Body Magic -Light-:
Action Roll (8 ): [4]-1 (Uneven Flow -1)
Outcome Roll: [3] -Failure-

Glyph-Body Magic -Light-: -2MP
Action Roll (8 ): [8]-1 (Second Attempt +1 Uneven Flow -1)
Outcome Roll: [3] -Critical Success-

It took you two attempts to get it right, but once you succeeded a trigger activated within you. From the tip of your glyph shaped hand, a bright ball of light appeared. Hinrab praised you with a thumb up, and you yourself could feel you made a step forward: your Dispersed Consciousness seemed to allow you to easily manage different flows. It was that simple.

Nearby Humans:
-Hinrab, Masen disciple: Friendly

Spoiler: Gray Status (click to show/hide)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: May 16, 2018, 05:44:48 am »

Squelchy approaches the cobra and releases pheromones of curiosity. If it becomes apparent that the cobra is either unable to communicate with them, or hostile, Squelchy pounces on it. Otherwise, Squelchy observes and/or listens to what the cobra says.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: May 16, 2018, 05:49:50 am »

Ulkas chuckled a bit before concentrating on his new companion. While having it felt slightly strange even to him, data gathering should prove a great addition and analysis - well, he could use an insight different from his own.

(Liel, you may call me Ulkas. And my companion is Astrosa. I'm quite adept at information analys myself, but can use a different point of view. For information gathering... Do you have Essence feeling similar to Xatares units or any other unusual methods of obtaining more information of our surroundings? Also, do you have any requests that might help your abilities to shine more? And relay my thanks to Xatares. His help won't be forgotten)

"How does it feel, my Queen? Ready to move?"

Prepare for departure, we gained much more than expected. It's time to test ourselves once more.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 99