Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 99

Author Topic: You are a Monster - Turn 63  (Read 214853 times)

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster - Turn 36
« Reply #960 on: January 15, 2019, 06:18:50 am »

[I'd back off from the frontlines, so to speak, if I were you. You have an excuse after all with your health that low. :d As long as your side wins and you get 2 essence, you'll be good.]

[Or try to down the wounded one and hope your buddies take out the other one.]

(Also, it is just me and the level 1 bird left?)
[There's also 2 badly wounded stage 0 ones at like 4HP.]
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: January 15, 2019, 06:42:24 am »

(I also thought we'd all have Dirty Fighter.)

(Oh.. I think I see it.  I wanted the scout who found the wyverns to come back with us and help with the attack.  The group of six was in case one of the scouts got spotted.)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 07:31:43 am by Devastator »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: January 15, 2019, 06:44:53 am »

start the journey eastward.
let us see what lies on the road ahead, and try to sieve some information about the eastern lands from the memories. something about teal forests and azure skies? it sounds fascinating!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: January 15, 2019, 07:35:51 am »

Return to physical Form and bury in the snow, using the cracked ice to blend in. Rest.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: January 15, 2019, 07:44:52 am »

Squelchy leaves the slimes to celebrate and hops over towards the eyes with a friendly blurble.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: January 15, 2019, 11:57:35 am »

(Can I get a bit of an explanation of those combat rolls?  I'm not sure what happened.)

(Also, it is just me and the level 1 bird left?)
(Sorry if the rolls seemed confusing. Things definitely weren't perfect, but I'm satisfied with how I managed them.)

Spoiler: Rolls breakdown (click to show/hide)

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: January 15, 2019, 12:42:37 pm »

Skee simply waits for the one on one phase to begin, resting with his pack in the time inbetween the two phases.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: January 15, 2019, 01:01:22 pm »

Ulkas held hands down, signaling Astrosa that hostilities are stopped…for the moment. Now, he had plenty of info to tease another mindful being with - and if it holds its end of an unspoken deal, this information would be very valuable in their quest…

Keep the high guard, continue monitoring the situation and Astrosa state all while I tell my story.

"Knowledge is power, it is often said. And I fully agree with the sentiment. You correctly deduced our destination, but I think good story is best started from the beginning…
My name is Ulkas and my companion - Astrosa. Both of us are demons from the fallen country of Infernum, having lost our minds soon after destruction of Demonic Nexus. My companion was the first sentient monster I have met after recovering my conscious thought around a moon ago. Being stronger, she naturally tried to kill me on the spot. And yet, using my then meager abilities, I managed to impress her enough to live and even gain - she shared some Essence as we parted our ways.
Seeking power to prevent such situation, I went to the ruins of Valern kingdom, that was once closely allied with Infernum - not that I knew this at a time. Meeting ruins guardians, I again, impressed them and participated in a ritual used to trick a so-called god of trickery, Tinzakena, gaining much-needed power in the process. Soon, I met Astrosa again, under more favorable conditions - and we have traveled together ever since, ruining revenge plans of Tinzakena by destroying its Chosen.
Our journey then led us to the lands infused with spiritual energies collected via several Nodi, guarded against lesser spirits by phoenix priestess, Fenia, whom we kindly offered our help with keeping wayward spirits in hand while we pass - to be rebuffed in most insulting ways possible. While her temple burned and her Essence was shared by us, we soon learned that she escaped assured death due to her phoenix power of rebirth. Still, we lacked interest in pursuing weakened foe and continued onward to lands of human kingdom Fordania, to the city of Eastarm.
We had a lot of fun in human lands, though rarely we had met a proper foe before, lacking knowledge of our exact strength, we fought Twin Heroes from Harpelio - Adenar and Lamine - and after deftly escaping them, decided to search for more knowledge and artifacts to aid in our quest. Right, I have yet to reveal this bit. On the ashes of Infernum, a new power arose, one called Neodemonium, that is currently invading lands under human control to the east of Ralao Mountains. We hold grave…grudge towards it - and will use power and knowledge gained in our travels to crush one of current Neodemonium generals - or, preferably, burning all of them into ashes and scattering those through the eight winds.
Our search for artifacts began with ruins of the Ancients. Using my adaptive mind to deduce and uncover ancient language meanings, I managed to secure us a set of equipment from the era long gone, along with an assistant, Liel, you now hold under control. Liel was the one that pointed us to other Ancient locations of note - closest and most interesting being the beacon over this city. We have yet to see what it is, but I gather you have already sated your curiosity?”

See to its reactions during story and afterwards.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: January 15, 2019, 02:27:01 pm »

Go'Von
This is a worst case scenario! Turn invisible and dash away in a random direction!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: January 15, 2019, 03:53:50 pm »

[Wyvern Retaliation]
(Str 2 vs Con 0): [5-2,13-2,4-3] vs [10] [10,8,7,7,1]
Critical: [5,1]
Damage: [2,6]x3
> 6 twice
> 12 once

(This is the one that's confusing me.  I don't see the three hits.  One hit for the 13-2, and one hit in response to the 1 on the dodge roll?)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: January 15, 2019, 05:56:46 pm »

[Wyvern Retaliation]
(Str 2 vs Con 0): [5-2,13-2,4-3] vs [10] [10,8,7,7,1]
Critical: [5,1]
Damage: [2,6]x3
> 6 twice
> 12 once

(This is the one that's confusing me.  I don't see the three hits.  One hit for the 13-2, and one hit in response to the 1 on the dodge roll?)
Ah right, it must be confusing to you, sorry about that. To make things simple, I had each attack roll oppose to two defence rolls. So it went:
[5-2] vs [10,10] (Both defenders succeeded)
[13-2] vs [8,7] (Both defenders failed so two hits)
[4-3] vs [7,1] (One failed so one hit)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: January 15, 2019, 06:07:40 pm »

"I will help to free you from your oppressor. What can you tell us about it? How does it fight, what are its habits?"
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: January 15, 2019, 06:24:07 pm »

Oh, so the wyverns attack multiple targets.  Is that special to them, or does every outnumbered creature do that?  The last turn had a special -1 for multiattack.  That must be for being outnumbered more than 2:1.  In which case, I need to push it, as I'll be the fifth attacker.

Go press the attack.  This already failed horribly, but might as well.  That third one is almost dead, anyway, and the healthy ones should try to finish that one off.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: January 15, 2019, 06:38:03 pm »

Turn 35bis: Processing Dialogue

Squelchy leaves the slimes to celebrate and hops over towards the eyes with a friendly blurble.

The mysterious helper reveals themselves! A fluttery being of vines with two bright yellow eyes. They appear before you as a roughly humanoid being, and quickly change into a slime shape reflecting yours.

"I'm glad you left safely! At moonpeak, the others wake up and drain the life of those who wandered in their territory. Well now, good luck on your journey!"

Ulkas held hands down, signaling Astrosa that hostilities are stopped…for the moment. Now, he had plenty of info to tease another mindful being with - and if it holds its end of an unspoken deal, this information would be very valuable in their quest…

Keep the high guard, continue monitoring the situation and Astrosa state all while I tell my story.

"Knowledge is power, it is often said. And I fully agree with the sentiment. You correctly deduced our destination, but I think good story is best started from the beginning…
My name is Ulkas and my companion - Astrosa. Both of us are demons from the fallen country of Infernum, having lost our minds soon after destruction of Demonic Nexus. My companion was the first sentient monster I have met after recovering my conscious thought around a moon ago. Being stronger, she naturally tried to kill me on the spot. And yet, using my then meager abilities, I managed to impress her enough to live and even gain - she shared some Essence as we parted our ways.
Seeking power to prevent such situation, I went to the ruins of Valern kingdom, that was once closely allied with Infernum - not that I knew this at a time. Meeting ruins guardians, I again, impressed them and participated in a ritual used to trick a so-called god of trickery, Tinzakena, gaining much-needed power in the process. Soon, I met Astrosa again, under more favorable conditions - and we have traveled together ever since, ruining revenge plans of Tinzakena by destroying its Chosen.
Our journey then led us to the lands infused with spiritual energies collected via several Nodi, guarded against lesser spirits by phoenix priestess, Fenia, whom we kindly offered our help with keeping wayward spirits in hand while we pass - to be rebuffed in most insulting ways possible. While her temple burned and her Essence was shared by us, we soon learned that she escaped assured death due to her phoenix power of rebirth. Still, we lacked interest in pursuing weakened foe and continued onward to lands of human kingdom Fordania, to the city of Eastarm.
We had a lot of fun in human lands, though rarely we had met a proper foe before, lacking knowledge of our exact strength, we fought Twin Heroes from Harpelio - Adenar and Lamine - and after deftly escaping them, decided to search for more knowledge and artifacts to aid in our quest. Right, I have yet to reveal this bit. On the ashes of Infernum, a new power arose, one called Neodemonium, that is currently invading lands under human control to the east of Ralao Mountains. We hold grave…grudge towards it - and will use power and knowledge gained in our travels to crush one of current Neodemonium generals - or, preferably, burning all of them into ashes and scattering those through the eight winds.
Our search for artifacts began with ruins of the Ancients. Using my adaptive mind to deduce and uncover ancient language meanings, I managed to secure us a set of equipment from the era long gone, along with an assistant, Liel, you now hold under control. Liel was the one that pointed us to other Ancient locations of note - closest and most interesting being the beacon over this city. We have yet to see what it is, but I gather you have already sated your curiosity?”

See to its reactions during story and afterwards.

"Oh, yes. Thank you Ulkas, thank you a lot for sharing your experiences to me. You please me greatly, you spoke true and without fear. Smart, cunning and versatile. So much more than you let it show."

With a cordial tone, the being introduced itself.
"My name is Ambition. Or Ambition the so-called Irregular by the other monsters of this land. Your gift of knowledge deserves to be answered in kind. An everything to an everything.
This is the land of Marandars, ruled by the five Great Beasts and the five Great Hunters. The land I was born in, grew in, and thrive in. I have travelled Marandars from orient to occident, followed the austral wind to the septentrion. I saw all that is hidden underneath, all that stands on the earth. I challenged the Great Beasts, hunting forbidden preys.I challenged the Great Hunters, laying waste to their settlements. Suffering from their wrath, I courted with death on more occasions than I can count. All for the sake of my Ambition. I will rise above the Great Beasts and the Great Hunters. I will keep acquire power, and ascend above the ones revered as gods.
But my quest has been halted by a wall my sole power cannot overcome. I need allies, but nowhere in Marandars is there anyone sharing my ambition. None here dare defy the yoke of the 10. But you are not from Marandars. You are from outside, and have seen much.

Be my ally. Let us work together to further our respective ambitions. I know you hold the key to unlock the Sky Temple and its secrets."

"I will help to free you from your oppressor. What can you tell us about it? How does it fight, what are its habits?"

Luck: [4]

"It took up residence in the ancient shrine of the valley. It never leaves the place, instead manipulating the Wraiths to monitor the valley.

We call it the Spirit of Hate, though its true name is unknown to us. The Spirit of Hate wields powerful magic, manipulating the elements, mystic energies and the emotions of creatures. It defeated several venerable mages of the valley when it arrived, and twisted the mind of the spirits. It won't let anything touch it, surrounding itself in a storming shield of magic energy. Furthermore, getting close to the Spirit of Hate will make one lose themself to madness.

Of course, we would never let you fight it alone. With your help we can free and gather other spirits and elemental ones, and then strike as one. We need your cleansing ability to counteract the field of madness that surrounds it."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: January 15, 2019, 06:39:29 pm »

Oh, so the wyverns attack multiple targets.  Is that special to them, or does every outnumbered creature do that?  The last turn had a special -1 for multiattack.  That must be for being outnumbered more than 2:1.  In which case, I need to push it, as I'll be the fifth attacker.

Go press the attack.  This already failed horribly, but might as well.  That third one is almost dead, anyway, and the healthy ones should try to finish that one off.
They were big enough to execute close range area of effect attacks, which was translated into the possibility of attacking two birds at once.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 99