Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 99

Author Topic: You are a Monster - Turn 63  (Read 215768 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster - Turn 37
« Reply #990 on: January 19, 2019, 09:33:06 am »

(Also.. isn't it only six essence for three level 1 creatures?  Or fifteen for three level 2 creatures?)

If it's half of six, take my three and give one to the scout who found the wyverns.  If it's half of ten, take five, and give one each to the three scouts.  If it's half of fifteen, keep two for myself and give two each to the three scouts.  (if tie goes to leader.)  Keep the shares of any scouts that don't make the meetup, unless it's five essence being my share and one scout, in which case give the one scout two essence.[/b]
1 - 6 Essence for 3 wyverns [stage 1] + 4 Essence for 4 Carrion Birds [stage 0]
2 - You had 7 birds; 4 died, Kra survived; two scouts remain only
3 - You can’t “Keep” Essence. It dissipates in 30~50 min. Once absorbed, you can only give it with a part of your body

PS. Transform right now, or you’ll die from injures. Plus, then you can follow other scout leads and share with them next round of gains.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: January 19, 2019, 09:39:27 am »

[FF]Nature Spirit(Ice), Active.

Float up into the tree branches and look around for something I can beat at my current level(Stage 0). Antarctic Wind once I find one alone.(Maybe another of those Ice Spheres?)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: January 19, 2019, 09:52:02 am »

(1.  That makes sense, thanks.)
(2.  I only had six birds with me, due to giving unclear orders.  There are three living scouts that never engaged.  Probably at least the one that found these wyverns will be at the camp.)
(3.  I didn't know that.  I'd still like the scouts to get their share at it, because they didn't get the opportunity to fight.  If it can be arranged, I'd like to do so.  If it can't, I'll just take the other five then.)

(PS.  I'll need confirmation about that.  It seems like a bad idea to take a long transformation in the middle of a combat zone.  If it's required for life saving, I'll do it now.  Otherwise, I'd like to go back to the camp and do it there, or get in hiding and then do it.)

(I also have no more intention of doing any more fighting right here and now.  The reasoning for doing this fighting was so that the wyverns who attacked my previous group should suffer casulties for doing so, as part of an effort to disincentivize them from doing so again.  Time to meet up with the rest of the tribe, find the new area, and probably do some breeding.  Now we have bad wounds and insufficient numbers, and may be attacked instead of being the ones launching the attack.  Consolidate gains and leave.)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 10:07:07 am by Devastator »

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: January 19, 2019, 10:48:46 am »

[It feels like you might've misread something, Devastator. The way I'm parsing the way you want to share the essence seems to assume you've got 10 essence. You've got 5, unless you want to fight Kra for the other half (bad idea, she's got at least 7HP left).]
[Also, evolving doesn't take long. Better to evolve now.]

Conversing at camp.

"Heh, finally a proper goal to aim for, kid. This ambition, and any that follow after - I'll help you achieve them. It's my purpose after all. And speaking of me, when I was unconscious, I felt like I remembered something for a moment. Hmm.... perhaps if we gather more Essence, I'll unlock those memories?"

"That jewel you mentioned... let me take a look, maybe there's something more to it. I doubt the Hearteater was carrying it for no reason."

Take a look at the jewel. Anything interesting about it? While I'm at it, see if the shackles on Prias' potential loosened in any way after defeating the Hearteater.

Back to the future.

"It shouldn't be able to take another hit like that. Let's finish it off quickly."

Blink! And Mana Wave if it proves necessary.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 11:21:07 am by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: January 19, 2019, 10:53:49 am »

(Hmm?  Taking two and distributing three more is five.)

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: January 19, 2019, 10:58:15 am »

If it can't, I'll just take the other five then.
[This part is the one confusing me.]
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: January 19, 2019, 11:03:01 am »

Devastator, I reread your turns and the group that wanted to fight numbered 7 (Kra included) - “You share your plan with the 7 remaining Carrion Birds.”. You sent scouts and one returned with news. Then, “The six birds of the ambush group” (you & one scout included) fought wyverns. 2 scouts are left somewhere

Transformations are not advised only in one case - you’re literally fighting right this moment AND have no one to cover you (since tranforming heals all damage & fills MP, its a valuable trump card sometimes)

While you certainly should regroup, game gets rewarding with higher stages, as you have less natural predators and lesser stages revere you - and opportunity hunting is easy way to get stage 2 quickly. Having a flock of your own would certainly help, though.

Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: January 19, 2019, 11:17:35 am »

The other five was not including the five taken by Kra.  I'm saying that if the essence cannot be distributed to any other birds, Squacks will take the five essence Kra is not taking.

In combat there were six attacks in the ambush round.  In the roundup, there are four corpses and two living birds.  Only six birds engaged in combat, leaving the three scouts.  I intended to fight with seven, but unclear orders lead to there being only six present.. natural enough for war, really.

I thought there were nine total.  Seven regulars, Kra, and Squacks.

If I can help it, I'd rather not waste the asset of an instant heal and respec from a transformation when I have nobody to fight.  As a stage 0 creature, I am worth less than a stage 1 or higher would be for someone attacking me, and a creature might well overestimate chances of winning a fight with a badly-wounded stage 0 creature, and be readily beatable by a level 1 creature geared to win that fight.

In any case, I intend to fight almost exclusively higher-stage creatures than myself, and will try to direct upgrades to allow me to engage them successfully.  Either they will let me steal essence from their kills, or they will make risky engagements with creatures that are worth very little essence and are disproportionately dangerous to fight.

Here's, for instance, what I might pick as a transformation.  These are not orders, I haven't decided yet.  I would like to hear your opinion, though.

Spoiler: Transformation (click to show/hide)

Actual orders are, If transformation is required in order to not-die, do it.  If it's not, take the essence and leave the battlefield.  Keep at least 2 essence for myself, and if possible, divide the essence beyond that between the remaining scouts that didn't fight.  Then proceed in the direction of the migration, remaining in hiding as much as possible.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 08:04:03 pm by Devastator »

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: January 19, 2019, 12:17:12 pm »

Kra was included into seven. From the phrase I cited, it was obvious seven bird went with your plan

Problem with stage 0 is its so VERY vulnerable. If you noticed, wyverns were obliterating birds with ease, one-hit kills aplenty. I’d say transform now (as you’re dying), try to delay your next transformation

Fighting higher stages mostly... Interesting decision. I came to entirely reverse one - fighting the lowest stages possible. Lets see how your bid pays off

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: January 19, 2019, 12:24:53 pm »

Kra wasn't a carrion bird.. she had a different title.  Razor carrion bird or something like that, which is why I thought she wasn't listed with the others.

The one-hit kills were coming from the 0 Con and good damage rolls.  The left, right and centre kills were related to them getting two attacks a round more than anything else... there were only two one-hit kills.

I don't expect higher stage fights to pay off, but I think they would mean more entertaining encounters.  Beating up on low-level creatures seems like a boring lifestyle.  Safe, but boring.  Lots of creatures trying to do that implies to me there's a large niche to steal from them, as they're too afraid to take on something that can fight back.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 12:27:20 pm by Devastator »

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: January 19, 2019, 12:59:58 pm »

Help Vel out of the swarm by thinning out the surrounding zombies, and take my arm back if I can render him safe and sworded. Try to ascertain the location of the necromancer!
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: January 19, 2019, 02:17:19 pm »

Go'Von
Explore the giant hole in the ground, stealthily.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: January 19, 2019, 03:43:00 pm »

Fly after Ambition towards Sky Temple and converse on the move. We have much topics to discuss, starting from currently vital and ending with mentally intriguing omes.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: January 19, 2019, 09:34:29 pm »

Turn 37bis: Conversation

Turn 36

[It feels like you might've misread something, Devastator. The way I'm parsing the way you want to share the essence seems to assume you've got 10 essence. You've got 5, unless you want to fight Kra for the other half (bad idea, she's got at least 7HP left).]
[Also, evolving doesn't take long. Better to evolve now.]

Conversing at camp.

"Heh, finally a proper goal to aim for, kid. This ambition, and any that follow after - I'll help you achieve them. It's my purpose after all. And speaking of me, when I was unconscious, I felt like I remembered something for a moment. Hmm.... perhaps if we gather more Essence, I'll unlock those memories?"

"That jewel you mentioned... let me take a look, maybe there's something more to it. I doubt the Hearteater was carrying it for no reason."

Take a look at the jewel. Anything interesting about it? While I'm at it, see if the shackles on Prias' potential loosened in any way after defeating the Hearteater.

Back to the future.

"It shouldn't be able to take another hit like that. Let's finish it off quickly."

Blink! And Mana Wave if it proves necessary.

Looking pensively at you, Prias agreed.
"Where do you come from, I would like to know too. You are the biggest mystery of us two."

[Magic Perception (Power)]
[Moderate] 12: [7]
Outcome: [4] -Failure-

Nothing outstanding from the gem catch your eye. Veras could probably be able to tell if this gem held anything special.

[Shackles State]
The shackles on his potential have loosened, which seems to be a good omen. You estimate that it will still take some time for the seals to break. Something else has caught your interest, the "brightness" of Prias has changed ever since he found an ambition. Brighter and slightly captivating, like the faint flame of a lighthouse. What could it be?

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: January 20, 2019, 03:57:27 am »

An opponent's who's supposedly invicible, heh ? Naturally, there was no such thing as an invicible enemy, and Skee knew that. He quickly devised a battle plan. First, he would put down the Banera's tail on the ground. It would only slow him down, and would be useless against this kind of opponent. Then, he'd inject a small dose of [Bolstering Serum] into Shnapa's body, looking to increase his reaction speed. He'd also trigger [Fur Hardening], just in case. Then, he would make his host kite around the great leader, taking advantage of his smaller build to dodge and react to the much bigger opponent's attacks. Everytime he was at a safe distance to do so, Skee would then unleash a [Mind Crusher] against Napash. Rince and repeat until the Great Leader passes out.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 99