Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Hall of Legends Torch Passing  (Read 26318 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Hall of Legends Torch Passing
« Reply #120 on: November 23, 2017, 06:57:54 pm »

I'm not sure. It was either naked spirit or naked woman.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 25, 2017, 02:24:43 pm »

Greetings Dorfs.  NAV is all but AWOL, and I think progression must fall to the rest of us.  With Apiks' returned support, I calculate the final count as;

Bearskie 5
Tiruin 7
Apiks 7
I-D 10

At the risk of sounding presumptive; Unless there are any serious objections, I would be honored to take up the mantle of Curator of the Hall.  That said, I would not feel comfortable messaging Toady about the change until there is some other confirmations.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 25, 2017, 02:41:48 pm »

Sorry for being late as usual. Here is the final vote count, with all the votes quoted.

Immortal-D:
Immortal-D please.
Immortal-D
Vote for Immortal-D.
I vote  for Immortal-D.
Thanks for your work on the Hall of Legends NAV!
You know what? I know longer abstain, I give my vote to Immortal-D.

I mean, I barely know all four candidates but know him slightly more. Plus, Invader Zim avatar. Gotta respect that.
I vote Immortal-D
After looking at all the candidates, the HOL would be in good hands with any of them.

Immortal-D was the first to offer his candidacy so he gets my vote.
Immortal-D is a super chill and objective kind of fellow.

+1 to the D.
I'll vote for Immortal-D, simply because they are the only candidate I have interacted with on these forums. Good luck to all, and thanks for stepping up to curate the Hall.
Woo Immortal-D :D (I think NAV said Nov 14th was when he'd count? ...Or is it more 'when he'll get to it that is before December' :) )

Either way, super grateful that I even have votes. .-.; Super awesome to see all the support, to everyone of the candidates (and to other votes and nice ideas :D)
I just realized that I haven't done so, but I wish to return my vote to its original - for Immortal D, in the name of good sportsmanship and honor.

I do wish to remind Immortal D that I did have my vote for Bearskie for a long time and would like that bottle now.

Apiks:
What?  Bearskie specifically said this was not a democracy; I just assumed we would fight to the death.  I mean, nobody has seen Monk12 since you took over :P

On a serious note, don't sweat it NAV :)  You've done an outstanding job during your tenure, but school is a priority.  Just to keep the ball rolling, I will throw my hat in the ring and vote for Apiks.
I vote Apiks.
I vote Apiks. Everything I've seen of him proves him to be an impartial (not to mention efficient) manager. He's also got a history of long-term commitment to a project.

As an aside, perhaps think of giving a link to this in the HoL? It was pure chance I saw it.

As a double aside, I certainly did not see your tenure as one of neglect. Well done, Sir NAV!
Vote for apiks
+1 to Apiks

Tiruin:
Sure, I'll vote for Tiruin.
Voting for Tiruin. Vote numbers were appreciable.
Tiruin sounds good to me
PTW mostly, especially if a poll might be going up.

If a poll does not go up, I vote for Tiruin.
I switch my vote to Tiruin. I've gotten to know him/her pretty well on my discord, so yeah.

Sorry Bearskie, without that Rum...
+1 to the underdog Tiruin
Go Tiruin! You have my vote.  :)

Bearskie:
Plot twist: I will express mail a bottle of rum to everyone who votes for Bearskie :o

..... you serious?

Brb voting for myself.
I vote for bearskie.
Since Bearskie is actually running, seems least busy and not going to winter hibernation like a bear, they'll get my vote. The competition isn't bad either, but archiving to protect against broken images is the kingmaker.
Bearskie is an elf.  Elves like trees.  Trees are like plants.  Plants are mashed to paper.  Paper is a document.  Documents are in PDF.  PDF are used in archives.  Archives are great halls.  This is Hall of Legends.  My vote is to the elf.  The elf is Bearskie!
Okay, I'm changing my vote to Bearskie.
That's enough evidence for dwarven justice system. Hail Bearskie.

Total count:
Immortal-D: 11
Apiks: 5
Tiruin: 7
Bearskie: 6

Congratulations Immortal-D, the new curator of the Hall of Legends!
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 25, 2017, 02:43:35 pm »

I understand where you're coming from, and I see the vote as conclusive. But this thread was set up by NAV so he could choose his successor. Currently, he is still the curator. I would feel uncomfortable going around his back, and propose waiting for the Thumbs Up of NAV.

Hrm. Carry on, folks.

((though I think your count missed at least one vote for Apiks, I really don't think it matters :P))
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 02:47:07 pm by Th4DwArfY1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 25, 2017, 02:45:57 pm »

I was actually in the middle of counting and quoting all the votes when Immortal-D posted that :)
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 25, 2017, 03:16:10 pm »

NO, NOT IMMORTAL-D! I'M MOVING TO FORUM CANADA!
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 25, 2017, 03:45:26 pm »

Immortal-D is building a wall and forum Canada will pay for it.

Congrats Immortal-D!

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 25, 2017, 03:46:04 pm »

:'(

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 25, 2017, 03:50:13 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 25, 2017, 04:15:30 pm »

Given reddit has more activity, ex when comparing 44.01 release notes, I'd say bay12 should be forum Canada, not reddit.

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 25, 2017, 04:21:16 pm »

Given reddit has more activity, ex when comparing 44.01 release notes, I'd say bay12 should be forum Canada, not reddit.
eh, just threw it together in a minute for a dumb joke not really thinking about the size or activity of the forums.
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 25, 2017, 04:21:57 pm »

eh, just threw it together in a minute for a dumb joke not really thinking about the size or activity of the forums.

I don't care.

It's glorious :D

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 25, 2017, 04:35:02 pm »

I don't care.

It's glorious :D
Amen.  All hail Deathpunch578, the new leader of the Hall of Legends!

On a serious note, once again I offer props to NAV for his time.  The responsibility is real, and he did an admirable job.  I suppose the next step is to make the new thread and notify Toady.  Then I need to review the leftover to-do list, check any votes or submissions since we started, figure out where Bearskie put the archiving thread for linking, make a schedule for myself... oh jeebus what I have gotten myself into? :'(
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 04:38:42 pm by Immortal-D »

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 25, 2017, 04:36:03 pm »

Yes, yes. But this means Enemy post is already in forum Canada.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 25, 2017, 05:02:41 pm »

Of course. Forum Canada lives in the hearts of all who truly believe.

Congratulations Immortal-D.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10