Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 87

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist v42.1.6 | DF 50.13  (Read 402626 times)

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist v41.0.1 | DF 44.12
« Reply #540 on: July 30, 2018, 08:08:31 am »

New version released: 41.0.2

Changelog:
  • fixed copying need columns

Windows builds are also available on DFFD (win32, win64).

I hope the need columns work now. Re-create them, don't keep broken columns from the previous versions.

Rafatio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: July 30, 2018, 08:21:41 am »

Well, all my usual ways of breaking things failed, you fixed it! Thanks again :-)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: July 30, 2018, 08:35:46 am »

DarkStyle has better popups; I'll use that one.

Thanks again!
They're both called darkstyle, so which one did you mean?

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: July 30, 2018, 01:33:02 pm »

DarkStyle has better popups; I'll use that one.

Thanks again!
They're both called darkstyle, so which one did you mean?

When downloaded the original is called "fusion_dark.dll" while the one from the "Jorgen-VikingGod/Qt-Frameless-Window-DarkStyle as a plugin" link in the edit is called "DarkStyle.dll". They both look good, but the second one from the edit, "DarkStyle.dll", has dark pop-up windows which I prefer to the original's lighter pop-ups.
Team Bug Fix!

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: July 31, 2018, 06:44:07 am »

Now that needs view and me are both here, two suggestions:

1) option to consider need for x in suitability for role (I'm thinking about herbalism+need to wander in particular).

(Tried with a script ((d.agility/900+d.attribute(12)/1250+d.attribute(16)/1000)/4+(d.has_preference("","Plants (Crops)")+d.has_preference("Outdoors", ""))/6+d.skill_level(23)*3/80) to replicate role suitability, but seems I don't know the right preference for Plants (Crops) it uses)

2) collapse dwarf details if there's no dwarf selected. Or maybe even an autocollapse option if mouse isn't over the area.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: July 31, 2018, 07:43:15 am »

1) option to consider need for x in suitability for role (I'm thinking about herbalism+need to wander in particular).

Yes, I thought about it and the changes I made for beliefs and goals make it easier to add. From the wiki, I thought you could replace that with NATURE + ACTIVITY LEVEL, but I've just tested that and I don't see a correlation between the personality traits and the need.

(Tried with a script ((d.agility/900+d.attribute(12)/1250+d.attribute(16)/1000)/4+(d.has_preference("","Plants (Crops)")+d.has_preference("Outdoors", ""))/6+d.skill_level(23)*3/80) to replicate role suitability, but seems I don't know the right preference for Plants (Crops) it uses)

has_preference documentation is lacking: if I read the code correctly, pref_category should be one of these (the part between quotes). You could use d.has_preference("", "Plants"), I don't think dwarves can have preferences for plants that are not "crops" (non-crops plants are trees, which have their own preference category, or grasses, which I have never seen in preferences). Out of curiosity, why do you use plant preferences? I don't know how they are used.

Also if your goal was to include the need, you are missing "d.get_need_type_level(26)".

2) collapse dwarf details if there's no dwarf selected. Or maybe even an autocollapse option if mouse isn't over the area.
What does "collapsing dwarf details" mean? Auto-closing the window when no dwarf is selected, then re-opening it when it is selected again? That would be difficult.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: July 31, 2018, 08:21:28 am »

1) Yeah, even if there is a correlation it is not known at which point it becomes a need.

And that didn't work -  I have a dwarf that likes sorghum, but doesn't show up on filter script with d.has_preference("","Plants"). (Also, managed to incur segmentation faults in therapist, yay). (Alsox2, not sure if it shouldn't check for something like sun berries - the edible item - in addition or instead.)

(PS: adding a need comes after getting it to work, obv. Well, at least filtering for those who need it isn't hard.)

2) Yeah (well, not closing but becoming thin like taskbars do on many OSes). Ah well.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 08:24:30 am by Fleeting Frames »

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: July 31, 2018, 10:36:38 am »

1) Yeah, even if there is a correlation it is not known at which point it becomes a need.

And that didn't work -  I have a dwarf that likes sorghum, but doesn't show up on filter script with d.has_preference("","Plants"). (Also, managed to incur segmentation faults in therapist, yay). (Alsox2, not sure if it shouldn't check for something like sun berries - the edible item - in addition or instead.)

(PS: adding a need comes after getting it to work, obv. Well, at least filtering for those who need it isn't hard.)

I was wrong has_preference need the exact preference name, not a substring. It cannot currently check for whole categories of preferences. I'll think about improving the preference script functions the next time I do some preference improvements.

How did the segfault happen?

2) Yeah (well, not closing but becoming thin like taskbars do on many OSes). Ah well.

It is not possible with qt dock widgets, they would need to be extended. I don't think I'll make the effort myself, but if someone wants to, they can try.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: July 31, 2018, 11:59:20 am »

Basically, with the above snipped(plus *100), after checking several times and going back in to edit herbalist custom role again (didn't happen on first edit). No issue, as checking every plant for potential solution is...too much effort when compared to just checking the needs view and noting down the few who need the wandering.

Pillbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist v41.0.2 | DF 44.12
« Reply #549 on: August 06, 2018, 01:12:00 pm »

Is it possible to hide those who are ineligible for the military on the military screen?

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: August 06, 2018, 02:16:51 pm »

Are "Don't Display Children or Babies" and "Don't Display Visitors/Guests" options not enough? I could make the can_assign_military method available from scripts.

It is not currently possible to make filters or group settings per tab.

Pillbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: August 06, 2018, 03:13:31 pm »

Are "Don't Display Children or Babies" and "Don't Display Visitors/Guests" options not enough? I could make the can_assign_military method available from scripts.

It is not currently possible to make filters or group settings per tab.

Yeah that worked, I was confused by the "Can Activate" under the Military Status groupings showing all the guests who are ineligible too.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: August 06, 2018, 04:26:50 pm »

I checked and "Can Activate" is actually anything that does not fit in the other categories. It must come from simpler times. I could split it in "Can Activate" and "Cannot Activate" or add "Visitors" and "Mercenaries" groups.

cjdabeast

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: August 06, 2018, 05:51:10 pm »

I found an unknown mood in my fort and was told to report it here, it was "outraged." The text literally says "This is an unknown mood, please report it!" in dwarf therapist. On the default screen that shows her thoughts in-game, it says "She was outraged dwelling upon her cousin was expelled". Just a heads up!

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: August 06, 2018, 06:18:30 pm »

It's listed in game_data.ini, assuming that's the relevant place (although df::emotion_type::OUTRAGE is actually 118 in-game - the discrepancy apparently is because NONE/Nothing is assigned 1 in game_data.ini but -1 in-game).

I suspect it's really the "her cousin was expelled" part that's unhandled, since it's new in 0.44.12. Your save might help diagnose this.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 87