Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 45

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Killing you with Kindness  (Read 57255 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: End of an Era
« Reply #90 on: December 14, 2017, 06:49:33 pm »

"So as I was saying, there is little difference between the wilderness and the aristocracy. Do you want to know how did I become the King? I ate my own father! He was small and weak, too old to rule, so I had to take him out and seize the throne. The human died because he was weak. Leaders must be strong, because in the wild only the strong will survive.
Oh, don't worry! I'm not going to kill you! But if you ever feel like reclaiming your rigthful place, I would be glad to help. I happen to know a lot about assassination methods and poisons."
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 14, 2017, 07:15:24 pm »

"Maybe some day. As of now I've been effeted more from being here than you. The chains that bind us all bind me more tightly."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 15, 2017, 02:54:47 pm »

"Well then. I dunno about you lot, but I'm gonna head around it."

Start flying over the tentacles - if it suddenly becomes agitated or somesuch due to circumstance or other people's actions, however, hold off on it.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 15, 2017, 07:49:10 pm »

Continue down the path closer to the tentacle beast.

The location to aim for is the middle of the tentacle blocking the path, and then whatever lies behind it upon passing.  If the path forwards is clear, don't worry about it, and head downwards.  If it looks blocked or mostly blocked by the tentacle, fire.  The goal is to make it pull back the tentacle in shock, clearing the path.  Sending fire down the hole while passing is intended to keep the path clear while Freddie would walk past where it's been.

(3) Well, by the time you get close enough to fire, the tentacle has dragged clear of the path. It has also dragged the path clear - clear off in a big jumbled pile to the right. you are moving slow enough that you can stop easily before hitting the giant gaping hole that the concourse has become. You stand on the edge of the furrow, snorting in itrritation and looking back and forth from the rubble, to the monster, to the path that resumes again thirty feet ahead.

"Oh gods, don't do that yet! Stop! Hold! No!"
Try to stop Freddy from harming the tentacle creatures using treats. Try to fly around the beast, avoiding it.
(2) you toss Freddie a treat, which he eats, while completely ignoring your existence otherwise. (2) You are forced to land beside Freddie's cart though, as in order to get close enough to tempt him with treats, you got a little to close to the rubble, which began tipping in your direction. So now you and Freddie are at the same location. And so is Valen, since Spaz didn't actually post an action this round, but was stil slowly approaching as of last round. Is the monster preparing to reach out again?

Try to time the movements of the creature so that maybe, when the tentacle isn't blocking the path forward, we'll be able to readily pilot our carts through without running too much of a risk of getting hit
(5) you fly a few dozen feet above the tentacles and rubble, just a short way off from where Freddie and Rex (and Valen, apparently) are standing next to the torn up concourse. "Hey guys! Up here! Neener neener neener!" And just like that you are flying in open space on the other side of the creature.

"Well then. I dunno about you lot, but I'm gonna head around it."

Start flying over the tentacles - if it suddenly becomes agitated or some such due to circumstance or other people's actions, however, hold off on it.
"I like the way you think, monkeyboyo! Gosh, this reminds me of a dirty story involving a baboon, a snake, three tons of cabbage, and half a dozen senators. Let me tell you, when senators are involved, that's some serious dirt!"
You tell a story involving some rather unlikely contortions, some sheer physical impossibilities, and enough colorful language to paint this dreary planetoid in technicolor.

Meanwhile, you fly safely to the other side of the beast, alongside Kongor, who seems to thoroughly appreciate your commentary.

update: three of you are parked at teh edge of the furrow left by the creature dragging half the concourse off to eat., tow of you are flying safely (probably safely) on the other side of the monster - you know, in the direction of the objective.)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 15, 2017, 08:00:35 pm »

"The Jester reached the other side unscratched, Heir. I think the creature is pacific and that it's safe to go around it."
Distract Freddy with another treat to make sure he doesn't attack the tentacle monster and to give me time to change his cart into fly mode. Try flying around the tentacled beast.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 12:24:26 pm by randomgenericusername »
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 15, 2017, 08:34:45 pm »

Look at the path.  Can I flutter-jump the gap dragging this cart behind me?  With a running start?  If I think so, do it.  Also do it if the others cross.  If the tentacle comes out, set it on fire.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 02:58:37 am by Devastator »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 15, 2017, 08:54:15 pm »

"The Jester reached the other side unscratched, Heir. I think the creature is pacific and that it's safe to go around it."
Distract Freddy with another treat to make sure he doesn't attack the tentacle monster. Try flying around it.
Gak's voice echoes from across the gap.

"You could say it's positively oceanic!"

Badum-tiss. Wait for the others to get over to where I am. Shout semi-helpful advice in the meantime.

Joke Count: 1
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 15, 2017, 09:03:01 pm »

"Nice one, Jester!"

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 15, 2017, 11:58:31 pm »

((Spazy's been busy with school))
move down and watch where the tentacles are going and anyways around it, the hole, and the rubble
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 16, 2017, 09:17:57 am »

Hover around in circles while waiting for everyone else to cross, meanwhile command Freddy to "fly around/over the monstrosity already!!"

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 16, 2017, 11:24:16 am »

((You may wish for his cart to be in not rolling mode when you do that.))

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 18, 2017, 11:49:27 am »

((Freddy's getting ready to jump the gap anyway))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 18, 2017, 11:56:18 am »

((Yeah.. but it isn't something he can do himself.))

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 18, 2017, 12:08:23 pm »

((I tried to help but failed. Maybe Valen (or Vladen?) can help you with the cart))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 18, 2017, 12:14:57 pm »

((This turn you might have better odds anyway, because Freddie's going to stop for a while to look at the pit before getting a running start, so plenty of time to switch it up.))
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 45