Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 45

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Killing you with Kindness  (Read 57248 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Bargaining with a stone
« Reply #390 on: February 24, 2018, 11:06:08 pm »

"Well fortunately for you nerds, I'm here now. C'mon Phoebe, let's show them your stuff!"

Shine Phoebe's light down into the abyss!

Spoiler: Gak's Lady Knives (click to show/hide)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: February 27, 2018, 08:04:41 am »

Hey OctopusMcGrouchiness, I'd like that necklace back that you stole. Also does anyone have any ideas concerning this here mist?
Consider the options available concerning this here mist

(5) The options you see available are
1) go back.
2) attempt to simply pass through
3) lower a rope with something living attached. raise the rope and see what happened to the living thing. do this with other stuff too, like magical artifacts
4) use some kind of farseeing to determine the nature of the mist
5) attempt to find an alternative path.
6) I mean, your companions are already trying to light it on fire, so that's an option
7) magical binding or teleporting or something?
8) you could try talking to it. maybe sing it a lullaby.
9) maybe summon someone from Omega using one of those summoning stones you guys have. Hey! Why did you never use one of those to summon your lawyer? ah well, never mind. Water under the bridge.

Build up a good load of fire, and let that mist have it.  If the mist tries to flow over me, grab one of the teammates and fly upwards.
(5) You rear u[p and engage your firebreathing mechanisms, shooting forth a twin stream of pure liquid heat deep into the dark mist. the light from your breath is brilliant, nearly pure white - right up to when it hits the mist. Your breath immediately turns umber red at the point of contact, before disappearing completely. It is not without effect, however, as the miust roils and boils. GLwong embers of light appear intermingled with the various misty formations, like a lightning storm inside a thick black rain cloud. Spent, you settle back down and admire your handiwork. The roiling and light show continue for some time after your attack.

Build up a good load of fire, and let that mist have it.  If the mist tries to flow over me, grab one of the teammates and fly upwards.
Assist with this.
?
what?
(2) you shout encouraging words at the dragon, and attempt to pat it on the back. you miss.

Assist with this.
Help with that too.
?
what?
(3) You succeed where Vladen fails, and manage a rather lackluster pat on the drago's back.

"Well fortunately for you nerds, I'm here now. C'mon Phoebe, let's show them your stuff!"

Shine Phoebe's light down into the abyss!

Spoiler: Gak's Lady Knives (click to show/hide)
(6) hoooooooooooooo.
alright, you shine Pheobe right into the swirling mass of agitated negative matter. Suddenly, the storms that Freddie kicked up are stilled, and the mist recedes, like the ocean suddenly departing from the shore.

like the ocean suddenly departing from the shore.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: February 27, 2018, 08:12:32 am »

Take a look at the area where the mist once was, while flying away from the area with the others(edited)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 09:00:56 am by SuperDino85 »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: February 27, 2018, 08:35:13 am »

...like the ocean suddenly departing from the shore...
"Quick, get away from there! I have a bad feeling about this!"
Move away from the place that used to have mist. Find a safe palce that would be protected from the mist if it would come back with more strenght and reach the place in which the group is.

((The point of the specialization is to use Will instead of charisma. Can I change it to be some form of magic that depends on willpower?

About the necklace, I dropped it when I fell unconscious. Rex doesn't have it since he didn't want it, so I didn't include it on my inventory and assumed I just dropped it.))
((Can I get an answer to this, please? I want to change the flavour of the spec so it's a kind of magic that depends on will and magic. This would be the fixed flavour:
New specialization: King's Decree: Rex's voice is that of a powerful warrior and a mighty ruler. His wish to control others has developed into a form of magic that grants him limited control with his voice to those who can hear his orders. He may issue a command and anyone who hears it will obey said command unless the targets succed a willpower roll against Rex's willpower. This special kind of magic allows him to impose his will upon others to follow his commands, and thus is both effective against those with low will or members of the low class (peasants) and is weak against those with high will or members of the high class (lords). In short: Magical voice mind-control that depends on will.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: February 27, 2018, 11:13:30 am »

Fly up like the octopus said.  Carry one of my smaller teammates.  Use more fire if the mist starts coming up.  That fire looked like it did something, so more fire should eventually solve the problem.  Fire solves all problems, after all.

(I'd be careful with that, random, because Cha rolls are usually non-hostile, even if they fail horribly, but mind control IS hostile.  And I wouldn't worry too much about Freddie being non-cooperative, that expensive stat-buy should remove several issues that way.)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: February 27, 2018, 11:29:07 am »

Fly up like the octopus said.  Carry one of my smaller teammates.  Use more fire if the mist starts coming up.  That fire looked like it did something, so more fire should eventually solve the problem.  Fire solves all problems, after all.

(I'd be careful with that, random, because Cha rolls are usually non-hostile, even if they fail horribly, but mind control IS hostile.  And I wouldn't worry too much about Freddie being non-cooperative, that expensive stat-buy should remove several issues that way.)
choose a teammate to carry.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: February 27, 2018, 11:29:31 am »

Back away and get into a cart, prepare to avade the mist if needed
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: February 27, 2018, 12:15:45 pm »

choose a teammate to carry.

Gak. Looks like Vladen made it to a cart.  The toy goes in the other claw.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 01:35:30 pm by Devastator »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: March 03, 2018, 06:25:20 pm »

As usual, check the bottom of hte post for group status and events that affect everyone.

Take a look at the area where the mist once was, while flying away from the area with the others(edited)
(2) it's dark down there.

...like the ocean suddenly departing from the shore...
"Quick, get away from there! I have a bad feeling about this!"
Move away from the place that used to have mist. Find a safe palce that would be protected from the mist if it would come back with more strenght and reach the place in which the group is.

((The point of the specialization is to use Will instead of charisma. Can I change it to be some form of magic that depends on willpower?

About the necklace, I dropped it when I fell unconscious. Rex doesn't have it since he didn't want it, so I didn't include it on my inventory and assumed I just dropped it.))
((Can I get an answer to this, please? I want to change the flavour of the spec so it's a kind of magic that depends on will and magic. This would be the fixed flavour:
New specialization: King's Decree: Rex's voice is that of a powerful warrior and a mighty ruler. His wish to control others has developed into a form of magic that grants him limited control with his voice to those who can hear his orders. He may issue a command and anyone who hears it will obey said command unless the targets succed a willpower roll against Rex's willpower. This special kind of magic allows him to impose his will upon others to follow his commands, and thus is both effective against those with low will or members of the low class (peasants) and is weak against those with high will or members of the high class (lords). In short: Magical voice mind-control that depends on will.
(5) You look about and notice some cracks in the walls - possible entrances to ... somewhere else. But, you remember a key point about the mist: it's mist. so, those would probably fill with mist instead of protecting you, so you get in a cart and fly up with everyone else in the hope of outracing whatever it is.

Oh and anything that you want the GM to pay attention to needs bolded, or needs a bolded statement to say "lookie here." I tend to ignore quotes and double parenthesis in general.
No. you can't make a spec that influences someone else based on will. may as well make it based on strength, like a bully grabbing a kid's arm and hitting him with it. Stats do not overlap like that. hmm. you could perhaps do a Dominate Person kind of thing. But, your charisma will mean that they are constantly trying to subvert whatever order you give. And you'd be limited to x uses per day, where x is your willpower stat.

You grab Gak and activate Jet Engines. You rocket up like a rocket, the walls and pillar flashing by much faster than on the descent.

Back away and get into a cart, prepare to avade the mist if needed
Puzzled at everyone's reaction to ... nothing? At least nothing you can see, you get int oa cart anyway, and fly up with the rest

Good call running away. I'm gonna roll for the carts, since they aren't high speed things and all.
(4)(2)(1)

The Mist does, in fact, come roaring back up the tunnel, like a Tsunami driving all the water it had sucked from the beach right back onto it, and more. The lightning and fire effects race along ahead, suddenly illuminating everything and creating terrible thunder and a hot wind.

The cart carrying Kongor, the wizard, and the hovering disc shaped guy manages to outrun the storm, which eventually reaches its limit and splashes along the walls, only to settle downward again like viscous goo oozing into it's container. (Today is a very 'poor analogy' kind of day).
The cart carrying Rex and the tall skinny inspector outruns the haze, but is caught up in the storm front. (1)(2)(3) sheesh. well, with constitution 2, Rex survives the brunt of it, though he is badly singed. his skin is dried and hardened too, limiting his mobility. Take -1 dex and -1 speed .. oh, you already have -2 in both those. Hmm. alright then, Rex is unable to more than hobble about until fully healed. Fast movements will hurt him more. Combat in this condition is near suicidal. The inspector seems to be in little better shape, and is unable to unbend himself from around the cart, even to stand erect. the cart itself survives, but hte wings are torn, and some supplies are destroyed.
The third cart, carrying Vladen and the crystal inspector is completely swallowed up by the haze. (3) The storm damages the cart in a similar fashion to what happened to the second cart, and when the haze begins settling back into place, the cart is dragged down with it.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: March 03, 2018, 07:02:44 pm »

Throw Gak and the toy upwards, so that I can catch them later.  Swoop around at high speed.  Dive down, and activate the jets so that I'll fall faster than gravity.  Send some fire before me, down into the mist.  Flare my wings to slow, spray more fire onto the stuck cart, and try to pick up Vladen and the interrogator off it.  Drag them both out of the mist.

On the way back up, catch Gak and the toy in the other claw and my mouth, if possible.  If I needed both claws for Vladen and the inspector, try to juggle them both into one claw, and failing that, let the toy fall.  The inspector is shinier than the toy was, anyway.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: March 03, 2018, 07:22:07 pm »

I think I'll change that spec to something different then. If mind control is going to use Charisma, then it's useless to me because of my negative Charisma. I want to change it to something like this:
Quote from: New Spec
Regeneration: Rex has survived multiple assassination attemps in his past. His body has now adapted to quickly and constantly regenerate and heal from any damage, physical or magical. Poison, backstabs, fireballs, missing limbs... With enough time, he can heal from anything short of death.
Actual action later.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: March 03, 2018, 07:49:19 pm »

I think I'll change that spec to something different then. If mind control is going to use Charisma, then it's useless to me because of my negative Charisma. I want to change it to something like this:
Regeneration: Rex has survived multiple assassination attemps in his past. His body has now adapted to quickly and constantly regenerate and heal from any damage, physical or magical. Poison, backstabs, fireballs, missing limbs... With enough time, he can heal from anything short of death.
Actual action later.
acceptable, though you might want to change "anything short of death" into something like "things that would kill a lesser being" or something. Because there will still be injuries that you cannot recover from.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: March 03, 2018, 08:08:25 pm »

((Oh heck I didn't see that this got updooted with a turn till today))
try and get to my injured teamates and heal them and keep the untrained medical malpractice suits in waiting away from the injured patience
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 12:57:25 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: March 03, 2018, 08:57:11 pm »

Actual action later.
acceptable, though you might want to change "anything short of death" into something like "things that would kill a lesser being" or something. Because there will still be injuries that you cannot recover from.

Rex is not exactly "lesser", considering his size. Wouldn't stuff that could "kill a lesser being" still count as death though? Please be specific about what do you mean with stuff that could kill a lesser being or injuries that cannot be healed. Like severe brain damage? Loss of soul? Bad rolls?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: March 03, 2018, 09:39:59 pm »

Actual action later.

Rex is not exactly "lesser", considering his size. Wouldn't stuff that could "kill a lesser being" still count as death though? Please be specific about what do you mean with stuff that could kill a lesser being or injuries that cannot be healed. Like severe brain damage? Loss of soul? Bad rolls?
take it to pms. I've asked yo uto do so before with questions, and you've kept them in thread instead, and we end up with long chains of question/answer. I won't do it again
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 45