Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 45

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Killing you with Kindness  (Read 57223 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Bargaining with a stone
« Reply #480 on: March 25, 2018, 06:17:50 pm »

(If I remember correctly, Gak had the toy. It should still be where the mist is right now, I think.)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: March 25, 2018, 06:45:06 pm »

(Checked.  It fell into the mist when I failed to catch Gak.)

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: March 26, 2018, 07:41:33 am »

((I think Random might be right about the living tunnel thing, so just to be on the rather safe side Freddy will have to wait till we're outside of the tunnel to have his leg bandaged, so no one gets eaten in the process. TBH I thought the spongy stuff might have been moss actually))

(("Rex Enemy?" Seriously?))

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: March 26, 2018, 08:23:48 am »

((You beat the carp out of him, what did you expect? The guy has a lot of pride and he currently sees Kongor as some sort of rival. During his whole life, everyone was weaker than him and followed his orders, so he had a lot of ego and pride.))
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: March 30, 2018, 09:12:23 pm »

Dammit Xan why u no postu

Head into the leftmost archway and see if the most is still present in damaging amounts within. Then try to open the doors to see what's inside, starting with the *coin flip* second door on the *flip* right of the hallway. Be ready to dodge in case it's trapped or whatever.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: March 30, 2018, 09:48:40 pm »

Follow and help the murder doll
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: April 03, 2018, 07:47:36 am »

Turn around and exit the tunnel back to the "main area" where Rex is and then bandage Freddie's injured leg.
(Edited, primarily due to the fact that the evidence random has stated toward this tunnel being alive is all too accurate for anyone to want to linger here)
(2) you put a few bandages around Freddie's leg, but they don't seem to help. You head out of the tunnel, believing the suicidal octopus that hates you, for some reason.

I thought the investigators were with me. At least, Vladen's investigator is definitely going with me. And by this area, I meant the collapsing shaft, the whole zone from where the mist came, the place the tunnel opened from, those areas.

Rex is tired of Kongor's bs so Rex is def not going with him. Both Gak and Vladen are in deadly mist of death. The investigators decided for some stupid reason to follow Kongor into the collapsing tunnel (I thought Vladen's was with me). I would have followed Freddy if rolls didn't insist to make him agressive towards me despie all of my attemps to befriend him and the others random rolls that have him love Kongor for whatever reason. I'm kinda forced to go alone for now.

I'm retreating back and trying to find another area altogether to enter because all of this seems like a trap to at least get someone killed.

If Vladen's investigator is not going with me, the he should have died when Vladen went to eat him.

Get out of this shaft and find another possible entrance. If I don't find anything, return to the city and inform them that everyone decided to split up, the guards died and I require reinforcements to complete the mission.

Go to the entrance of the tunnel Freddy entered and shout:

"Hey, get the Dragon to come here! I found a safer entrance, but I need him to open it up with his strenght! And this tunnel awfully looks like something's throat. Isn't everything supossed to be made of metal? If you guys want, continue through this tunnel, but I require the Dragon's assistance with the alternate route."

Get Freddy to come with me and open that broken wall in the shaft so it's big enough for the carts.
I do not appreciate it when Players attempt to dictate what happens to NPCs in my game.

1) Vladen never returned to the cart in which the investigator rode, so that attempt to eat never happened.
2) All the investigators are sentient beings with their own will, and as of now, none of them like Rex. Rex is the last option any of them would chose to follow. Even the murder doll is more appealing.
3) the investigator that rode in the same cart as Vladen left orbit to enter the tunnel with the others, rather than hang around in a collapsing chasm with a mad squid.
4)You try to turn your cart back to go to the city, and the investigator that rode with you literally throws you off the cart. you are now stuck to the wall where the crack is that you are trying to explore. (you can move, you are stuck by your suction cups or whatever. Better than just falling into the mist.) Meanwhile the cart you used to ride gathers near the others at teh mouth of the perfectly round tunnel with a strongish wind coming out of it, a hundred yards away.

Get bandaged up, and then go help out rex with the wall.  Tail, jaws, and fire should all be useful for digging even if the foot is still hurt.

(I'm pretty sure the toy got lost inside the mist, Oz, and as such isn't around to distract Freddie.)
I'm pretty sure the toy did not get lost in the mist, Dev.  Freddie may have lost sight of it, and literally no one else asked about it's fate, once it fell away from him, so none of you really know what happened to it after that specific point in time.

your foot is badly broken, and Kongor was unable to do anything for it, sadly. It will hamper any physical efforts to tear open the crack.
tail and jaws: (4) you manage to peel a two foot strip of metal away from the edge of the hole, exposing some girders and stuff.
fire: (4) you burn off some insulation and melt some thin metallic coverings. Now you have a pretty good view of the underlying strcture, thoug hthe accesible area is not noticeably bigger, due to the steel girders blocking the way.

Dammit Xan why u no postu

Head into the leftmost archway and see if the most is still present in damaging amounts within. Then try to open the doors to see what's inside, starting with the *coin flip* second door on the *flip* right of the hallway. Be ready to dodge in case it's trapped or whatever.

Follow and help the murder doll
The mist is present and thick within all three tunnels. they are symmetrically places around the base of the chasm, so there is no leftmost or whatever. But lets call them tunnel a,b, and c for convenience. you walk in to the end of the hall, turn right and attempt to open the door. (1) it slowly groans inward until it reaches about thirty degrees, at which point the door sags abruptly, bowing in on itself as the ceiling above collapses. Dex/speed rolls for you two to avoid the collapse. Gak: (1) Vladen: (3) You are both swept into the hallway on a tide of debris, half immersed and somewhat pinned.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: April 03, 2018, 08:30:06 am »

Dig ourselves out and check if there is anyway to clear the door way
"Ah...Hells...are you okay?"
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: April 03, 2018, 08:44:42 am »

You try to turn your cart back to go to the city
What?
and the investigator that rode with you literally throws you off the cart.
What?

I guess that mean that we don't have to dig in the shaft wall anymore as that turn said only the carts didn't fit in the broken parts on the wall. Crawl in the walls to where Freddy is and pat him in the head for a work well done. Then guide the Dragon inside the now open hole in the broken shaft.

"Good job, Dragon! I'll make sure to find more snacks for me to share with you soon! Now, follow me here. The other ways are too dangerous or suspicious, thr mist is murderous and I don't trust a tunnel that breathes."
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 09:34:37 am by randomgenericusername »

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: April 03, 2018, 08:46:01 am »

Hmmm...heheh...I wonder, is this a good idea or a suicidal one?
Electrocute one side of the spongy tunnel to see if it really is alive or not

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: April 03, 2018, 02:09:11 pm »

"...tiddy shit."

Dig myself out as much as I can. Wiggle free once I have room, use that dex!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: April 05, 2018, 07:10:12 am »

"...tiddy shit."

Dig myself out as much as I can. Wiggle free once I have room, use that dex!
Dig ourselves out and check if there is anyway to clear the door way
"Ah...Hells...are you okay?"
You guys manage to pull yourselves out of the rubble. The doorway looks unusable, but you could climb up over the collapsed ceiling if you want.

Hmmm...heheh...I wonder, is this a good idea or a suicidal one?
Electrocute one side of the spongy tunnel to see if it really is alive or not

You punch the rubbery wall. It has a give to it, and kinda rebounds after your hit., with a sort of dull thud sound. The lightning barely spreads from your fist before being sort of absorbed by the rubbery substance, which kinda and melts from the heat.

"What smells like burned rubber?" mutters one of the inspectors.

The tunnel does not answer.

You try to turn your cart back to go to the city
What?
and the investigator that rode with you literally throws you off the cart.
What?

I guess that mean that we don't have to dig in the shaft wall anymore as that turn said only the carts didn't fit in the broken parts on the wall. Crawl in the walls to where Freddy is and pat him in the head for a work well done. Then guide the Dragon inside the now open hole in the broken shaft.

"Good job, Dragon! I'll make sure to find more snacks for me to share with you soon! Now, follow me here. The other ways are too dangerous or suspicious, thr mist is murderous and I don't trust a tunnel that breathes."
I said I wasn't going to go back
Why am I hanging around the collapsing area?
There are four routes out of the collapsing area:
1) The tunnel with Kongor, which you specifically vetoed.
2) The mist, which you specifically vetoed.
3) The crack in the wall, which you couldn't get in on the cart, and still qualifies and part of the collapsing tunnel anyway.
4) Back to the city.

You were emphatic about leaving the collapsing tunnel. The collapsing tunnel is the whole shaft. Everything around you. No you are not clear of the collapse. None of the group is clear of the collapse.
I shouldn't have to remind you by now that I don't pay attention to the ooc stuff much.

You boldface proclaimed that the investigators should die. They aren't gonna put up with that, from a -2 charisma character who has demonstrated an inability to cooperate with anyone. And you decided on your own to leave the general area, effectively abandoning both your team's objective and the investigators' objective.

The investigators are not your minions. They don't placidly go along with whatever you choose. They are going to act on their own goals. They are not simply tools for you to use and discard at your convenience.

If you shoot yourself in the foot, and then complain that the universe hates you, the universe is gonna ignore you because it doesn't give a shit one way or the other.

Edit: Freddie is still outside the crack in the wall. Are you crawling in, or staying out in the shaft?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 07:12:33 am by Ozarck »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: April 05, 2018, 07:22:58 am »

Push the murder doll up and into the collapsing ceiling.
"Alright, up you go."
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: April 05, 2018, 08:01:34 am »

Spoiler: words (click to show/hide)
What size are the carts and Freddy? I thought the cracks were big enough for Freddy and not big enough for the carts?
I'm staying out until he enters first.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: April 05, 2018, 01:07:12 pm »

I don't think that Freddie can fit yet.  I think he'll try and remove one or more of the blocking girders by using the narrow firebreath to melt through the steel beam and then pulling it out of the way with his jaws, or by softening the entire beam and smashing through it with his tail.  If he can pick it up with his jaws, he'll then drop the very hot beam into the shaft with the mist.

Also, what does the space beyond the widened crack look like?  Enough room to fly?

(Last time it was discussed, Freddie masses about 1100kg, about as much as a smallish rhino.  Since he's built to fly and not to smash things with his face, he's probably a little less dense and bigger physically.)

I'd expect you to be able to go through the hole okay, even if it was pretty small.  That's kinda an octopus thing, after all.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 05:37:56 pm by Devastator »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 45