Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 45

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Killing you with Kindness  (Read 57241 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Bargaining with a stone
« Reply #495 on: April 05, 2018, 06:48:46 pm »

I know Rex fits inside (And I have the rings that protect me from thorny things and steel stuff), but there could be things behind the crack. And everyone knows that the octopus fighter is a bad fighter for being an octopus. I would like that Freddy went first.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: April 05, 2018, 08:47:34 pm »

Well, I think he's okay with going first, but I think he'll try to get the others to come with him, or check downwards for the guys who fell in the mist once more.  If the passage is very narrow and he'll have to crawl the whole way, I might reconsider.  You know how it is.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: April 05, 2018, 08:49:57 pm »

Sure, but Freddy is not immune to the mist. We saw what happened to the other guys that touched the mist: they instantly melted. Be careful with that, or you might lose a leg or arm.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: April 05, 2018, 08:58:48 pm »

He might lose his leg if he aggravates it.  Almost did after last mission.  Although I think this break is less bad than having it shattered and penetrated by a spear like last time.  Still means he's gotta fly or use his wings to help walk.

Lastly, I think before going through, Freddie wants to check if the tunnel everyone else is going through is really a throat.  If it doesn't react to being set on fire, it's probably safe.  If it's safe, he'll probably follow the other group.. but he'll gladly let you ride so you can rejoin.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 12:28:40 am by Devastator »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: April 06, 2018, 12:50:10 am »

Push the murder doll up and into the collapsing ceiling.
"Alright, up you go."
Go along with this.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: April 06, 2018, 12:30:25 pm »

help Freddy remove the obstacles

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: April 07, 2018, 06:29:50 am »

I made a couple pictures that might help you guys get an idea of where you are sort of. Last time I tried this, it didn't help in the slightest, so don't get your hopes up.

Spoiler: The planetoid Lathal (click to show/hide)

On with our regularly scheduled mayhem and destruction:

"Alright, up you go."
"Alright, up you go."
Go along with this.
Gak gets up onto the top of the broken ceiling and finds himself inside a chasm. it looks to be about twelve feet across, from wall to wall. The ceiling fills about four feet of that (with an eight foot gap between your ledge and the opposite wall), and one wall seems to be the wall of the Shaft. There are cross beams, ducts, wires and tubing strung across, up, down, and along the chasm. There's even long strips of insulation (like fiberglass insulation) peeling away from the walls. The walls look to be made of sheet metal. It's very dusty in here. But there's no murder mist. Gak looks back to Vladen, but don't see him, as he is inside the mist and you are outside it.

Vladen boosts Gak up, and loses sight of him pretty quickly, as he passes out of the mist.

Spoiler: words (click to show/hide)
What size are the carts and Freddy? I thought the cracks were big enough for Freddy and not big enough for the carts?
I'm staying out until he enters first.

the carts are fifteen feet long by ten wide by oh, twelve or so top to bottom, depending on configuration and load. Freddie is something like twenty feet long, four or so wide, and depending on how he is standing, from four to eight feet tall. Those are very rough dimensions, as i forget what Dev and I finally settled on last time we talked abut it.

As for the cracks, I said they were too small to be of real use to the party, didn't I? A.K.A they needed to be widened to be used? Right now, you and Gak could easily get through, Vladen should fit well enough, Kongor would have to squeeze, and you'd have to work at it to get Freddie through. If you abandon the carts, you'll have to carry at least one investigator yourselves. If you try to go without them ... well ...

I don't think that Freddie can fit yet.  I think he'll try and remove one or more of the blocking girders by using the narrow firebreath to melt through the steel beam and then pulling it out of the way with his jaws, or by softening the entire beam and smashing through it with his tail.  If he can pick it up with his jaws, he'll then drop the very hot beam into the shaft with the mist.

Also, what does the space beyond the widened crack look like?  Enough room to fly?

(Last time it was discussed, Freddie masses about 1100kg, about as much as a smallish rhino.  Since he's built to fly and not to smash things with his face, he's probably a little less dense and bigger physically.)

I'd expect you to be able to go through the hole okay, even if it was pretty small.  That's kinda an octopus thing, after all.
help Freddy remove the obstacles
Freddie uses his narrow bean fire breathe to melt a beam, while Kongor and Freddie then attempt to pry the beam out.
(5) Freddie manages to burn right through the beam, making a clean cut. It glows red hot though.
(1) Kongor braces himslef betwen the Cart and the wall, gets into piosition, grabs the beam, drops it immediately, and falls off the cart, blowing on his hands "The steel beam is too hoooooooooot! Who knew?!" (3) Freddie leaps down and catches Kongor in his good claw, but Kongor is pretty heavy and the two of them sink, landing heavily on the ledge where the round tunnel thing is. (6)(6) You land with a thump, and roll into the tunnel thing itself. Like I said before, it has a bit of give to it, and you roll about twenty feet before coming to a stop. "Could you ... maybe, get off me, Freddie?" Kongor asks. The tunnel has bowed down toward where you are, as if suspended from either end. Teh wind continues from further in, as before.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: April 07, 2018, 08:02:11 am »

climb in after the murder doll
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: April 07, 2018, 09:13:15 am »

Getting an investigator to help me is out of the question because one just threw me out of my cart and hijacked it, and I truly believe they would just get me killed or something. Go help Freddy and see if he's wounded, try to help him in some way.

"Are you okay, Dragon? Be more careful next time. Your are wounded, so don't push yourself so hard."

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: April 07, 2018, 12:20:40 pm »

Freddie is worried about the tunnel being something living.  However, that map makes it more clear that if the 'needle' end of the bridge falls, everyone in the shaft is going to die, so he has to get out of there.

((Oz also made it clear that the area behind the crack is too narrow for Freddie to traverse without severe difficulties. He would probably be okay if his foot wasn't broken.  Since Freddie could see behind it, I'll take that under advisement as well.))

Fred allows himself to be healed, but tries to move to the tunnel entrance, and decides to find out once and for all if the tunnel is something living, by clawing at it and seeing if it bleeds.  If it doesn't react, then he'll spit a bit of fire to some place a bit further down the tunnel, but away from the other teammates.  If nothing still happens, it'll be time to proceed down the tunnel.  If it does react, well, time to go for the now-widened crack entrance, damn the squeeze, unless it simply pulls back, in which case the empty shaft left by its retreat would be better.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 12:24:05 pm by Devastator »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: April 07, 2018, 01:30:13 pm »

((Still, it really feels like the nice and round tunnel with fresh air is some sort of trap. Especially since the air is blowing out of the tunnel.))

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: April 07, 2018, 04:06:18 pm »

climb back into the cart and electrocute the marks Freddy makes with his claws to help determine if the tunnel is alive......oh boy.....

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: April 07, 2018, 04:19:07 pm »

(It could just be some kind of ventilation hose or something.  But yes, it's suspicious.  Still, if it is a creature, there should be a path leading to its lungs, and we could probably kill it there.)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 04:22:38 pm by Devastator »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: April 11, 2018, 09:59:38 am »

climb in after the murder doll
alright, up you go. now the two of you are in the walls. Where to next? Up, down, sideways, across?

Getting an investigator to help me is out of the question because one just threw me out of my cart and hijacked it, and I truly believe they would just get me killed or something. Go help Freddy and see if he's wounded, try to help him in some way.

"Are you okay, Dragon? Be more careful next time. Your are wounded, so don't push yourself so hard."

You climb down the wall to the entrance of the circular tunnel and call out to the dragon. It takes you a moment ot get to the tunnel, and Freddie has some other actions going as well, so the heal attempt will happen next round. hmm, or not, as you are caught up in what happens as a result of Freddie's actions, just like everyone else (except the murder doll and the undead).

Freddie is worried about the tunnel being something living.  However, that map makes it more clear that if the 'needle' end of the bridge falls, everyone in the shaft is going to die, so he has to get out of there.

((Oz also made it clear that the area behind the crack is too narrow for Freddie to traverse without severe difficulties. He would probably be okay if his foot wasn't broken.  Since Freddie could see behind it, I'll take that under advisement as well.))

Fred allows himself to be healed, but tries to move to the tunnel entrance, and decides to find out once and for all if the tunnel is something living, by clawing at it and seeing if it bleeds.  If it doesn't react, then he'll spit a bit of fire to some place a bit further down the tunnel, but away from the other teammates.  If nothing still happens, it'll be time to proceed down the tunnel.  If it does react, well, time to go for the now-widened crack entrance, damn the squeeze, unless it simply pulls back, in which case the empty shaft left by its retreat would be better.
alright, I'm going to do the clawing and fire actions before the healing attempt, because you can do those in the tunnel, and Rex was up on the wall some distance away to start the round. Actually, with all the actions, he won't have time to attempt to heal you this round.

(3) you drag your good claws through the surface of the tunnel, biting in and leaving deep score marks behind. SOme of hte material of the tunnel comes free in your claw. It's black, stiff, and cracked, but still a bit spongy. The tunnel otherwise does not react, so you fire down the way (6), melting a patch about ten feet long and setting the sides of the tunnel on fire. thick black smoke boils up from the fire, engulfing you and oozing greasily out of the tunnel into the main shaft.

climb back into the cart and electrocute the marks Freddy makes with his claws to help determine if the tunnel is alive......oh boy.....
You climb back into the cart and ... is the tunnel on fire? The place is rapidly filling with thick, oily black smoke. you instinctively back your cart out of the tunnel and along the ledge  (5) fortunately, the other carts move away as well, and no one collides or pushes anyone off the ledge.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: April 11, 2018, 10:36:01 am »

Well, I guess we can't go that way anymore since it's on fire. Thanks god I stayed at the entrance (I think). Even if the tunnel turns out to not be alive, it's flamable and that's a bad thing considering that I have a ring of random fire and there's a dragon that spits flames. Move away from the flames to a safer position just in case the tunnel explodes or something. Who knows, the air could be gas.

"Well, that doesn't look safe at all. Who knows what this thing is made of and this just makes this perfectly round tunnel even more suspicious than before."

"Not that it matters anymore, as the fire will soon block the way."

After the fire dies down or enough time has passed, go back to the broken section that could be used as an entrance. Wonder if there is something I could do to fit Freddy inside, ask the intelligent ring of intelligence about what should I do in this situation.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 07:28:15 pm by randomgenericusername »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 45