Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 45

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Killing you with Kindness  (Read 57229 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Bargaining with a stone
« Reply #510 on: April 11, 2018, 05:31:01 pm »

Across
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: April 12, 2018, 01:09:02 am »

I'll head sideways - best to cover more ground as we look for ... a way out of this place, I reckon?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: April 12, 2018, 01:03:26 pm »

wait...maybe look around and see if there's some minor detail we missed that could help us
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 07:40:34 am by SuperDino85 »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: April 12, 2018, 07:15:02 pm »

Poke my head through the melted section to see what's around.  Then try to smother the flames with my wings.  It's just fire, what's the big deal?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: an unexpected shortcut
« Reply #514 on: April 16, 2018, 10:20:44 am »

bottom of post for summary. no one dies this round, buuuuut....

Well, I guess we can't go that way anymore since it's on fire. Thanks god I stayed at the entrance (I think). Even if the tunnel turns out to not be alive, it's flamable and that's a bad thing considering that I have a ring of random fire and there's a dragon that spits flames. Move away from the flames to a safer position just in case the tunnel explodes or something. Who knows, the air could be gas.

"Well, that doesn't look safe at all. Who knows what this thing is made of and this just makes this perfectly round tunnel even more suspicious than before."

"Not that it matters anymore, as the fire will soon block the way."

After the fire dies down or enough time has passed, go back to the broken section that could be used as an entrance. Wonder if there is something I could do to fit Freddy inside, ask the intelligent ring of intelligence about what should I do in this situation.
you move away from the boiling smoke and climb back up to your previous crack. Fitting the dragon in will require removing that big heavy support strut thatthe two of them were working on.

will roll: (2) the intelligent ring of intelligence hears your query, and promptly attempts to control your mind. You are now locked in a mind battle with a ring that is smarter than you. Well, at least you have a decent will score. you can do this! No mere piece of smart-ass Jewelry will get the better of Rex Bracchium. King of The Octopuses! Kick it's metaphorical ass, Rex.

Across
(3) you find a likely beam, leading at a jaunty angle across to a promising looking ledge. you get onto your hands and knees in the centuries old dust and grime and inch your way out onto the beam. It's slow going, and the grime is slippery in places. (1) You look up at the sudden sound of a terrible beast roaring, only to be knocked off your perch by whatever it is, and go tumbling down the shaft.

I'll head sideways - best to cover more ground as we look for ... a way out of this place, I reckon?
(2) the ledge ends abruptly in a wall about thirty feet further along. You shrug and turn around. "Left, right, what's the difference?" (6) You look up as a tube above melts apart and poops out a startled dragon, which falls nearby, knocking Vladen off his beam. the two of them fall mere feet away from you, and continue into the depths.

wait...maybe look around and see if there's some minor detail we missed that could help us
(3) "What do you guys think?" You ask the Inspectors. "I think it's an enclosed shaft behind that wall. It looks like that tunel was some sort of ventilation tube or part f a cooling system or something. Curious. Usually, Lathal can be separated into two or three types of location: first, there is work and living space. Second is utility and maintenance space, and third would be transportation space, I suppose. This tunnel is supposed to be transportation space - there are connecting tubes further up for zones beneath the city. We had hoped the end of the tunnel, where we are now, would connect to another transportation space, but it looks like it just ends here. How frustrating. Fortunately, the recent tremor has exposed the maintenance or utility space behind the wall. If we can cross that, perhaps we can find another living space beyond. Though, perhaps what we will find is machinery used to move air to various places. I had a brief look inside that crack the Octopus found. Looks like the gap in the wall goes quite a way down. So, we have options, anyway."

the inspector is interrupted by a howl from inside the tube.

Poke my head through the melted section to see what's around.  Then try to smother the flames with my wings.  It's just fire, what's the big deal?
The big deal is the thick black smoke. Even Freddie needs air to breathe. But, I suppose he can weather a bit of smoke for a while.
(1) on the other hand, when the tunnel tears in half around the melted part, Freddie is caught off guard and falls right through, dropping into the void below, with a great roar or surprise.

Rex is in a mind war with his equipment. he finally tried to use the intelligent ring. Never trust a magical item isf you don't know where it keeps it's brains. Especially if that item is smarter than you.
Vladen and Freddie are going on an adventure. Both are hungry. Neither really seems like food to the other. But never mind that, we're about to start bouncing.
Gak is in the wallspace, and Kongor and the inspectors are near the tunnel Freddie fell into. Hmm, let me roll for inspector assistance: (6) what luck! Freddie and Vladen are caught safely in a strange glowing net! the net closes in on them and they are kinda trapped, suspended over deep darkness, a hundred feet below the rubber tube Freddie fell out ofand eighty feet below the strut he knocked Vladen off from.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: April 16, 2018, 10:49:13 am »

Vlad let's out a rather scared and almost girlish yelp and scream as he tumbles down
"OH WHAT...NO..NOPE...oh gods nope! Someone...please let me up...Can I get some food too please?"
Try to keep freddie from eating me, otherwise, try not to poop self in terror.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: April 16, 2018, 03:20:29 pm »

FIGHT BACK!
"You bloody tool! You are just a brainless jewell, not even fit to be a slave and even less a peasant! You try to rebel against your master? You make me laugh, tool. You will serve me, as I am stronger than you! Resisting is futile, because this is MY mind! This is MY world, MY kingdom, MY body! I won't follow anyone else but myself, and everyone will follow me! Because I am THE Octopus King. And you? You're nothing. You will bend to my will, useless piece of trash!'"
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: April 16, 2018, 07:13:55 pm »

(Couldn't Freddie just start flying after he starts falling?  Assuming there's enough space?)

Start flying, and go see if I can find the crack everyone else was working on from the other side.  After that, spit a little fire down and see if it illuminates anything.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 07:18:36 pm by Devastator »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: April 17, 2018, 01:31:18 am »

"Oh. OI FUCKERS! I'M IN HERE! THERE'S BEAMS AND SHIT, IT'S KINDA LIKE CRAWLING AROUND THE INSIDE OF THE WALLS IN A GIANT'S HOUSE! REMIND ME OF WHAT WE'RE SUPPOSED TO BE DOING."

Remain chill, try to contact teammates through that big hole Freddy just tore. Avoid any shenanigans my teammates may cause that'd be of a detrimental sort.
Sig! Onol

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: April 17, 2018, 07:06:40 am »

So this tunnel just...stops? I mean except for Freddie's new hole of course. What about the beam that Vlad and Gak were on?Discuss with the inspectors some more

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: April 18, 2018, 09:29:53 am »

Everyone but Rex hears Gak yelling. So, now you all are more or less in the same place again, oddly enough. Except Rex, who has fallen below.
read each other's actions please, so everyone knows what is going on, more or less.

Vlad let's out a rather scared and almost girlish yelp and scream as he tumbles down
"OH WHAT...NO..NOPE...oh gods nope! Someone...please let me up...Can I get some food too please?"
Try to keep freddie from eating me, otherwise, try not to poop self in terror.
Keeping Freddie from eating you auto succeeds, since Dev didn't say to try to eat you. As for not pooping yourself: (6) Well, I'll spare you the gory details, but you certainly don't soil yourself. You transcend into a state of utter detachment. "Oh, a magic net. Falling dragons. The end of the world. hunger. whatever, it's all the same."

FIGHT BACK!
"You bloody tool! You are just a brainless jewell, not even fit to be a slave and even less a peasant! You try to rebel against your master? You make me laugh, tool. You will serve me, as I am stronger than you! Resisting is futile, because this is MY mind! This is MY world, MY kingdom, MY body! I won't follow anyone else but myself, and everyone will follow me! Because I am THE Octopus King. And you? You're nothing. You will bend to my will, useless piece of trash!'"
(1) v (1) your contest ends in a draw, as the ring goes stupidly inert, and you go limp. (2) you fall into the hole in the wall. (1) hooo boy. alright, your unresponsive body bounces off a few outcroppings and some pointy bits as you drop into the depths ... (6) and land with a hard thud, somewhere far below. Everything hurts. Especially your brain.
((those rolls were: you v the ring in mind combat, whether or not your body stayed put afterward, whether or not an inspector noticed what was going on and assisted you, and a constitution roll for the landing.))

(Couldn't Freddie just start flying after he starts falling?  Assuming there's enough space?)

Start flying, and go see if I can find the crack everyone else was working on from the other side.  After that, spit a little fire down and see if it illuminates anything.
You are in a net, remember? are you gonna just rocket along with the net, and Vladen, in tow? I can do that, if you want. No, Freddie couldn't just start flying instantly when he slipped. bad luck on his part, the floor suddenly giving out below him like that.

"Oh. OI FUCKERS! I'M IN HERE! THERE'S BEAMS AND SHIT, IT'S KINDA LIKE CRAWLING AROUND THE INSIDE OF THE WALLS IN A GIANT'S HOUSE! REMIND ME OF WHAT WE'RE SUPPOSED TO BE DOING."

Remain chill, try to contact teammates through that big hole Freddy just tore. Avoid any shenanigans my teammates may cause that'd be of a detrimental sort.
I'm gonna go ahead and say that Freddie, Vladen, and Kongor, along with the inspectors, all hear you calling. Rex has other things on his mind, or a lack of things on his mind, as the case may be.

Hmm, aside from Freddie squirming and Rex falling, no one is inclined to cause trouble ... yet.

One of the inspectors shouts down "We're supposed to be going to the center of the world to jumpstart the Heart!"

So this tunnel just...stops? I mean except for Freddie's new hole of course. What about the beam that Vlad and Gak were on?Discuss with the inspectors some more
"The shaft, the shaft we've been descending just stops here at the mist. We thought it went further in, or that there were additional exits down here to other places. But behind the wall" The inspector bangs on the wall for emphasis "It looks like things continue inward and downward. Yes, I think the beams and stuff, even this rubbery tunnel thing, are passages we could exploit, though they are perhaps not meant to be used as passageways." He shrugs, or something like a shrug, given his physiology. "At any rate, we could climb the carts down the inside of the wall now, through this hole, if we can get rid of the remains of the rubber tunnel, which, as you can see, are now blocking our way."

"Oh ... get rid of the rubber tunnel? I got you covered" says the long skinny one. It moves like a whip for a moment, and suddenly what's left of the rubber falls into the wall.
"Idiot, the dragon is under that."
"oops. I hope I didn't hit him, then."
"You down there! did you get hit by a  falling rubber tunnel?"

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: April 18, 2018, 09:42:09 am »

Remember the 2 rings that protect me from thorny sharp stuff or steel.

Well, I can still walk on walls because I have octopus powers. Climb and retun to the place I fell from and then try to locate the rest of the team. DUMP THE INTELLIGENCE RING! I don't want that thing messing with my brain anymore. Let my natural regeneration deal with the pain and any wounds I haven't noticed.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: April 18, 2018, 09:54:43 am »

Welp, relax, try and get some sleep in the net while we wait for our inevitable demise
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: April 18, 2018, 02:20:00 pm »

"And what direction is that in? The ghoul and I found these doors in some alcoves deep in the mist and ended up in here when we went into one of them, but that stuff eats away at me even, so I'm not sure how we're supposed to get through it."

Coordinate with the inspectors, give them relevant info about what I found. Where do they reckon we should go?
Sig! Onol

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: April 18, 2018, 04:23:19 pm »

"Just....don't get me killed and maybe find some food while you are at it."
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 09:55:37 am by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 45