Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 45

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Killing you with Kindness  (Read 57252 times)

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Bargaining with a stone
« Reply #555 on: May 04, 2018, 04:37:34 pm »

look at the radar thing and see where our objective is from here

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: May 07, 2018, 07:39:52 am »

"I need food...think we can stop and get some fish?"
Try and go grab a fish to munch on
Okay, you go to open the bay door. Let's see how that goes. Lesseee, strength +1 ... (4). The door slides up rather easily and you are greeted by a strong wind It's actually kinda cold, considering that you are this deep inside the bowels of the planet. (5) The swarm of fish swims right beside you, so you leap on out and land on one, grabbing a dorsal fin with one hand and sinking your fangs into it's back.. Naturally, this causes some ... unpleasantness. Like, ever seen a bait ball form up, to defend against a predator? Something like that is now happening, with you lost in the middle of it, tearing chunks out of your new ride. Well, at least you aren't hungry anymore!

Seriously, it's been 5 turns with 0 progress at all. Go search for the rest of the team somewhere else.
Maybe try using that Omega Brand to feel where everyone else is?

I mean, did you expect to magically have everything go your way? Freddie has had a broken foot for much longer than that. Next time, try not to explore when your character is explicitly brain broken. You tend to get lost that way.

alright, rolling for "Does the Brand guide me to my teammates?" (4) you also remember the device that detects the objective, and use that. Both are pointing in the same direction, more or less, though your teammates are closer to you than the objective. Still, in order to get 'down' you are going to either have to go a) through the furnace room I described, b) through the dark passageway ahead, or c) through the passageway 'up.' I mean, you can try going 'back' but, the shaft is pretty much twisted in on itself, so good luck with that.

(6) oh goodie, you get a hint: the furnace room is super hot, so it's dangerous. But, it's the fastest route to where the others are. Teh dark tunnel will lead you to something living. 'Up' will leave you wandering. You can still get there by going 'u.p' but it's like if you were in Baltimore, Md, and wanted to get to Washington, D.C., and decided to drive through Philadephia, Pa to get there.

(Use the mark, it supposedly loosely directs members towards each other.  And you fixed your brain, at least.. Freddie's still got his broken foot.)

Fred's hungry, isn't he?  Snag a meal from the cart supplies.
Freddie pulls some sort of large, preserved meat ration out of the cart, then looks between that and the fish herd out the bay window. A little voice, ro instint, or something in the back of his head suggests that it wold be best just to eat the ration, but that wilder instinct calls him to the hunt.

look at the radar thing and see where our objective is from here
(6) Three hundred meters straight down. Your radar starts squeeing in a high pitched whine, and beeping and flashing. It attracts the attention of the flock of giant fish, which start banging up against the tunnel you are in, and against the clear window. You feel the floor vibrate under you whenever they do.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: May 07, 2018, 07:56:47 am »

I just want to reach where the rest is and return to the game.

Might as well take the "Up" path that doesn't have living creature or isn't hot. Please timeskip or auto the movement until I find something significant.

Also, I'm going to assume I already dumped the intelligence ring, so I'm gonna mark that in my sheet.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: May 07, 2018, 10:42:09 am »

RIP AND TEAR THE FISHIES! MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH! Once an opening is made get on the cart and speed away
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 08:18:48 am by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: May 07, 2018, 07:30:03 pm »

Take a few bites of the ration so I'm not ravenous, and then go help with the hunting.  I still have one good claw, after all, and that should be enough to tear some tasty strips away.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: May 09, 2018, 06:53:23 am »

wait for the others to quit playing around, or rather locate Rex and get him to hop in

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: May 11, 2018, 07:13:22 am »

I just want to reach where the rest is and return to the game.

Might as well take the "Up" path that doesn't have living creature or isn't hot. Please timeskip or auto the movement until I find something significant.

Also, I'm going to assume I already dumped the intelligence ring, so I'm gonna mark that in my sheet.

"I'm in a hurry. Guess I'll take the slowest possible route." You mutter about confusion and delay as you climb. eventually, the duct you are in levels out, and a series of grates appear along short little side tunnels.

RIP AND TEAR THE FISHIES! MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH! Once an opening is made get on the cart and speed away
An opening? Oh my. Oh no. no no no. Your stomach just isn't big enough to eat enough of these fishies to open a hole in the bait ball. Let's see if you luck out and come out to the edge of the bait ball, and if you do, if you come out relatively close to the spiral tunnel: (4) You manage to hang onto your fish until it gets to the edge of the swarm. a dozen feet away, and maybe twenty down, is a flat surface, unobstructed by aquatic acrobats. You contemplate jumping onto it. If oyu don't, you'll be pulled back into the ball. You have a mere moment to decide.

Take a few bites of the ration so I'm not ravenous, and then go help with the hunting.  I still have one good claw, after all, and that should be enough to tear some tasty strips away.
You eat the ration. It is satisfying. The nyou stump over to the bay door, while the whole tunnel shakes rhythmically under the strain of the bait ball bouncing against it. (3) you stick your nose outside, and it is immediately slapped by half a dozen fishies as they swirl around.

wait for the others to quit playing around, or rather locate Rex and get him to hop in
(4) you do the thing with the Omega Brand, and discover that Rex is farther away from you than the objective is. He is up, the objective is down. Beyond that, it's really hard to get a pinpoint location.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: May 11, 2018, 08:20:49 am »

Take the jump
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: May 11, 2018, 08:38:19 am »

Examine the grates and tunnels. Determine the right path using my Omega Brand and the device. If one fails, I'll follow the other.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: May 11, 2018, 08:57:00 am »

Lotta fish.  Go take a bite or two of the fish swarm for food and recreation.  I'm sure they'll scatter if I set some of them on fire.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: May 11, 2018, 01:42:50 pm »

I’m just gonna head down on the cart I’m in in a spiral down. Route number 1. Be simple. Keep zappy knife and darkness knife out in case of hostile.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: May 12, 2018, 05:16:54 pm »

Guys I'll be right back. This shouldn't take very long.
Retrace the path we took to get here back to where Rex was last seen.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: May 12, 2018, 10:18:37 pm »

(It might be to our advantage, actually.  He could act when the inspectors think he's gone.  Might help us with suprise.)

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: May 14, 2018, 06:49:33 am »

(Who? Kongor?)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: May 14, 2018, 07:41:15 am »

I was gonna post yesterday, but Random.org was down for maintenance. I have dice within arm's reach thoguh, so why that stopped me, I don't know.

Take the jump
(6) You land solidly, planting your feet  with a loud whang! satisfied, you stand and turn to look at hte bait ball - all hundred feet of it. And, as you do, a support on the platform gives out with a snap, tilting suddenly and throwing you off to tumble.

You right yourself and land on all fours  on top of a clear tube of brightly glowing liquid, which is moving rapidly inside the tube. (4) a glance over the side reveals another hundred and fifty foot drop to ... some kind of constantly churning machine.

Fish attack roll: (6) They seem to have lost interest in you. their bait ball activity constricts though, and becomes more frenzied. Yu are out of the danger zone, but your allies are gonna struggle up there.

Examine the grates and tunnels. Determine the right path using my Omega Brand and the device. If one fails, I'll follow the other.
The grates each open into a different kind of room, or in a couple cases, into a hallway. some are storage rooms. Some are active machinery. One seems to be a loading/unloading dock. One opens onto an empty concrete bunker. (hidden roll) Best path, according to everything, is to continue through the tunnel, which jinks upward again another fifty feet ahead.

Lotta fish.  Go take a bite or two of the fish swarm for food and recreation.  I'm sure they'll scatter if I set some of them on fire.
(6 v 2+2) against the odds, you manage to reach out and clamp onto a fish, tearing a fin and a hunk of meat out of it's side. The bait ball constricts around the tunnel and the shaking gets worse: (5) but the tunnel is made of sturdy stuff. as of yet, no fish have swum inside either, for whatever reason.

I’m just gonna head down on the cart I’m in in a spiral down. Route number 1. Be simple. Keep zappy knife and darkness knife out in case of hostile.
You transfer out of Kongor's cart and  into one of the others, since you two seem to be splitting ways at the moment. (4) you and two of the inspectors head down, around the spiral. another wide window on the opposite side shows a quieter, smaller cavern than what the others saw. Lots of fungus grows here, and something moves beneath the carpeted surface, creating small hills in it's wake. The occasional segmented appendage reaches down from the ceiling, dozens of feet up, and snatches some surface creature up. Some of the creatures are furry, while others seem inorganic and ... manufactured. If there is a pattern to the appendages selection, you do not see it. Ahead, you see the end of the tunnel: a large circular airlock, flanked by large blocky guards - four of them. and all four of them spring to life when you come into sight - their eye sockets all suddenly low amber and their gazes fix on you.

Guys I'll be right back. This shouldn't take very long.
Retrace the path we took to get here back to where Rex was last seen.

random.org went down again, so from here forward in the turn, I'll roll physical dice.
(2) you go back up the tunnel, only to find the door through which you entered closed. Behind that door, you remember, is that machine room, and above that is the inside of the wall you came down. that was the last place anyone saw Rex.

Hey Guys!
you are officially completely separated from one another. literally none of you are within sight of another of you. Gooooooooood idea.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 45