Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 81

Author Topic: Star Wars [Warning: Spoilers inside!]  (Read 97215 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars [Warning: Spoilers inside!]
« Reply #615 on: May 28, 2018, 11:14:10 am »

Nah, i think they're complete rewrites jettisoning all EU material.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: May 28, 2018, 11:30:01 am »

Personally, I'm just not all that interested in the movie by the trailers. I liked TLJ, and am certainly not feeling any sort 'star wars fatigue'. I am just not convinced that this is a good movie. Nor do I really buy the actor as 'Young Han' all that much.

Maybe that's a lot of it. 'Young [character]' movies/tv series just have never interested me at all. Just something about most attempts to go 'This is totally like that same actor playing this character, we swear! ' that turns me off.

Though the guy they have playing Lando does sell it, at least in the trailers. I might have been hyped to see a 'Lando' movie, but that's hard to know for sure.

But I'm open to watching Solo if it turns out that is is good.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: May 28, 2018, 12:00:55 pm »

I'd be open to a crime caper set in the SW universe. It's a big enough setting and there are enough disreputable characters in it to choose from. For some reason Solo just doesn't appeal to me.

Probably doesn't help that I've seen all of a single trailer for it. I didn't even know it had been released until this thread started going crazy.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: May 28, 2018, 12:05:04 pm »

"Set in the X universe". Yeah, i'm not really convinced that it's necessary, and that's not a Star Wars specific thing. Just make a new setting for something like that, unless the story concept is something that absolutely can't be done without attaching it to the franchise. e.g. the more stuff that could be standalone that actually is standalone, the more things have to stand on their own two legs rather than be an extra "thing" you need to see just because it's attached to a specific franchise. There's too much out there already without them attaching extraneous story stuff to everything else.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 12:07:11 pm by Reelya »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: May 28, 2018, 12:08:01 pm »

My desired Star Wars film is a villain protagonist movie focused on someone discovering the Dark Side post-Empire and using it against corrupt Republic officials. Maybe the good old Sith Holocron deal.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: May 28, 2018, 12:10:37 pm »

Here's what they'll do: Episode IX will end with the baddies winning and creating the New Empire. Stay tuned for episodes X - XII to see what happens next, kids.

Have a Young Leia movie and an Obi Wan movie to tide you over. Hell, let's pick some anti-heroes and they get their own movies. The Boba Fett movie.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 12:12:42 pm by Reelya »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: May 28, 2018, 12:14:10 pm »

After hearing it suggested somewhere, I really want to see a Panos Cosmatos Star Wars film. Or a Ben Wheatley Star Wars film, that'd be great too. Let people dick around in the universe big-time, really flip things around. Make a Sand People-centric film where one of them finds that Sith Holocron mentioned previously and starts a glorious rebellion to overthrow the colonizers who came down from the sky. Get wild with it!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: May 28, 2018, 12:17:29 pm »

Here's what they'll do: Episode IX will end with the baddies winning and creating the New Empire. Stay tuned for episodes X - XII to see what happens next, kids.

Have a Young Leia movie and an Obi Wan movie to tide you over. Hell, let's pick some anti-heroes and they get their own movies. The Boba Fett movie.
You 're wrong. They are going for some lame gray jedi and gray shit thing  in order to provide a setting for a future MMORPG
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: May 28, 2018, 12:19:43 pm »

Make a Sand People-centric film where one of them finds that Sith Holocron mentioned previously and starts a glorious rebellion to overthrow the colonizers who came down from the sky. Get wild with it!

Dialogue

"Oor Oor Oor"
"Oor Oor Oor, Ooooor!"

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: May 28, 2018, 12:26:10 pm »

You 're wrong. They are going for some lame gray jedi and gray shit thing  in order to provide a setting for a future MMORPG

If they go for "Grey Jedi" then it's kinda obvious then that it will be Rei and Kylo then "going grey", at a guess. And if you're right about an MMO then takes the place of the strictly "movie" set of sequels I was thinking of. I guess the reason they like that is that an MMO can milk you for money constantly instead of once per year.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 12:28:36 pm by Reelya »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: May 28, 2018, 12:29:03 pm »

Make a Sand People-centric film where one of them finds that Sith Holocron mentioned previously and starts a glorious rebellion to overthrow the colonizers who came down from the sky. Get wild with it!

Dialogue

"Oor Oor Oor"
"Oor Oor Oor, Ooooor!"

"Lord Sandybottom, can you hear me"

"Ooor Oor Oor Oooor?"

"It seems in your anger, you killed her"

"OOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR"

FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: May 28, 2018, 12:42:20 pm »

"Set in the X universe". Yeah, i'm not really convinced that it's necessary, and that's not a Star Wars specific thing. Just make a new setting for something like that, unless the story concept is something that absolutely can't be done without attaching it to the franchise. e.g. the more stuff that could be standalone that actually is standalone, the more things have to stand on their own two legs rather than be an extra "thing" you need to see just because it's attached to a specific franchise. There's too much out there already without them attaching extraneous story stuff to everything else.

I actually kinda disagree. If you're making a story set in a sorta generic setting I think it's more valuable to put it in an already established setting where you can get past all the not really important explanations right away. So long as the setting works with what you want to happen at least. I don't think there's value in reinventing the basics that settings have over and over again unless you're going to put the effort in to make those basics different and interesting, which I don't think every story needs to do to be a good story. Putting your story in starwars lets you get right past all the tedious questions/answers like "oh, so they have drones and wookies and mandalorians".

I also think the end result of this type of adding of stories is eventually a richer more interesting world that's actually interesting rather then a hundred different forgettable generic settings. The lots of little interesting bits from each individual story add up to a setting with a whole that's greater then it's parts. Although I could see someone not caring about that sorta thing, if they aren't the person to be interested in settings.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: May 28, 2018, 12:48:55 pm »

If they go for "Grey Jedi" then it's kinda obvious then that it will be Rei and Kylo then "going grey", at a guess. And if you're right about an MMO then takes the place of the strictly "movie" set of sequels I was thinking of. I guess the reason they like that is that an MMO can milk you for money constantly instead of once per year.
50 Shades of Grey Jedi

Pounded in the Butt by My Copy of 50 Shades of Grey Jedi
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: May 28, 2018, 12:54:06 pm »

Dialogue

"Oor Oor Oor"
"Oor Oor Oor, Ooooor!"

No, no, the Sand People sound fine in this hypothetical film and are perfectly understandable. It's the humans in Mos Eisley or whatever who communicate in unintelligible roaring instead while putting on bewildering expressions.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: May 28, 2018, 01:05:22 pm »

Dialogue

"Oor Oor Oor"
"Oor Oor Oor, Ooooor!"

No, no, the Sand People sound fine in this hypothetical film and are perfectly understandable. It's the humans in Mos Eisley or whatever who communicate in unintelligible roaring instead while putting on bewildering expressions.

That's actually way better.

Be sure to give the Sand People posh accents and perfect enunciation.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 81