Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 45

Author Topic: The Masked League Of Lucha Liberty: "Gentle Persuasion"  (Read 75877 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: The Masked League Of Lucha Liberty: Time for Tea
« Reply #270 on: April 29, 2018, 03:08:16 am »

4!

The unknown is a brave venture!

Spoiler: Threnody (click to show/hide)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: The Masked League Of Lucha Liberty: Choose your own Adventure
« Reply #271 on: April 29, 2018, 10:02:34 pm »

Hap walks to the keypad and, after getting the votes of his cohorts, presses 2.  The keypad beeps and whirs back into the wall. The display flashes several times, cryptic codes and symbols flashing past at high speed before being replaced with a new message

SELECTION CONFIRMED PLEASE MOVE TO THE HANGER BAY. MORE INFORMATION WILL BE PROVIDED EN ROUTE. THE SHUTTLE WILL LEAVE IN 10 MINUTES

As it displays this, the "10 MINUTE" portion changes to "NINE MINUTES AND FIFTY NINE SECONDS" and continues to count down from there.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Masked League Of Lucha Liberty: Time for Tea
« Reply #272 on: April 29, 2018, 10:46:07 pm »

To the hanger!

In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 29, 2018, 10:47:04 pm »

Graceful Ninja runs to the hangar bay.

(Do I have to post anything?)

Spoiler: Graceful Ninja (click to show/hide)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: The Masked League Of Lucha Liberty: Doomblade's Infinite Misfortune
« Reply #274 on: April 30, 2018, 06:41:09 am »

Hap stops by the Armory OF Random Objects on his way through to the Hangar, and picks up a few random objects. He looks at the Observation Room for a moment, after having navigated a few Implausible Walkways, and studiously avoids the Testing Room.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 30, 2018, 07:06:28 am »

Move to the hangar with the speed of sound! This will give me plenty time to answer a few letters of my fans at high speed.

Spoiler: Golden Star (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 30, 2018, 07:32:08 am »

Spoiler: El Escuchador (click to show/hide)

Grab a few random objects from the armory and get in the shuttle.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #277 on: April 30, 2018, 11:10:29 am »

Grab a few random objects from the armory and get in the shuttle.
Hap stops by the Armory OF Random Objects on his way through to the Hangar, and picks up a few random objects. He looks at the Observation Room for a moment, after having navigated a few Implausible Walkways, and studiously avoids the Testing Room.

The Armory of Random Objects lives up to its name: Its an enormous, multilevel room with long standing walls, sort of like the shelves of a library. Every wall is set up with a sort of pegboard design and hundreds if not thousands of objects hang from hooks and bolts and slings and magnetic connectors. It gives the impression of an enormous archive of objects set up much like the tool wall in a garage.

El Escuchador gets a fist sized, clear plastic bag filled with round hard candies. They could be mistaken for marbles, but they have a large colorful label showing a cartoon child eating one.  He also grabs a large square glass pane, about an inch and a half thick and maybe two feet on each side. And a dot matrix printer.

Hero gets a pressure cooker, A battery powered weed wacker,  and a three foot long saguaro cactus. 

The observation chambers are simply that; reinforced rooms in which things can be observed. There's a central hallway and then the rooms on either side of it. Each has an airlock door and big view screens to see inside. The chambers have different configurations, between simple white rooms to rooms that look more like standard prison cells, to rooms that resemble full normal rooms. Some are even nicer than the Luchador rooms.

Move to the hangar with the speed of sound! This will give me plenty time to answer a few letters of my fans at high speed.

The fan letters - there are 3- are all just thanking the team in general. Guess you're not well enough known individually to get your own letters yet. Still, you send them back letters worded as politely and graciously as you can, trying to be both humble while also accepting their praise.

Graceful Ninja runs to the hangar bay.

(Do I have to post anything?)

To the hanger!

(Generally you should post to let me know you're ready, if nothing else. The post here is fine)

Everyone piles into the shuttle and the passenger facing screens turn on while Golden Eagle pilots the ship towards earth.  There's a short display of the League's logo and then some sort of lightning fast scroll of legal text before the video starts.   One good thing about the ubiquitous LUCHATV cameras is they always gave great coverage of any threat. The threat in this case is pictured as a silver disk so standard that it might as well come straight out of "The Day the Earth Stood Still".  Diagrams of scale come up showing that its not even that big, maybe 20-30 feet in diameter with a raised bulge in the center and a flat bottom. A diagram pops up showing the saucer's path, moving relatively slowly across the greater Asian territories and out over the sea colonies in the Indian ocean.  It spirals slowly in towards one of the larger colonies, marked as "SHINDIA". There's a quick flash of various protocols used to try and establish contact: All earth languages, all known alien languages, prime numbers, whale song, the standards. All are marked "NO CONTACT". 

Golden Eagle then runs down the standard physical encounter protocols, which you've all heard a million times by this point: Effectively just observe and let the welcoming committee do their job. Only engage if the aliens do something hostile, and even then only protect others until it becomes obvious the hostile action is intentionally malevolent instead of just a misunderstanding.  Golden Eagle emphasizes that last point; Earth almost went to war with Mars the first time the Martian's landed and their greeting was misconstrued as an attempt to strangle the emissary.   Apparently the welcoming committee is already waiting at the projected landing site; for the moment you'll just be acting as security; unless things get weird or dangerous.

The video cuts off and Golden Eagle asks for questions.

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 30, 2018, 11:26:36 am »

Sit and twiddle my thumbs until we get there.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 12:15:58 pm by SamSpeeds »

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 30, 2018, 11:32:10 am »

Out of curiosity, which emissary was being strangled?

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 30, 2018, 11:41:19 am »

That emissary was clearly asking for it.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 30, 2018, 01:01:37 pm »

Ask if I can have a camera to take photos of the aliens.

Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 30, 2018, 01:44:32 pm »

Ask if we can have a video feed from above the craft available.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 30, 2018, 02:28:32 pm »

Hero asks if Golden Star has a roast, some Potatoes, and some Carrots, or maybe some chicken wings, and an outlet.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 30, 2018, 02:36:14 pm »

Hero asks if Golden Star has a roast, some Potatoes, and some Carrots, or maybe some chicken wings, and an outlet.

Inform HAP that we are currently in a flying shuttle. And even if I had an outlet, it wouldn't work unless it was somehow connected to a power grid on the surface by an extremely long wire capable to extend all the way to the space station we were moments ago.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 45