Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 45

Author Topic: The Masked League Of Lucha Liberty: "Gentle Persuasion"  (Read 75840 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: The Masked League Of Lucha Liberty: Choose your own Adventure
« Reply #315 on: May 24, 2018, 05:24:22 pm »

Listen to the spacecraft, understand its intentions.

Spoiler: Threnody (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 08:35:01 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 24, 2018, 07:52:03 pm »

Listen to the spacecraft,

God I wish that were me.

Spoiler: El Escuchador (click to show/hide)

Catch up to the spacecraft, and wait for someone more competent to progress while protecting the innocent. Don't get KOED I am BEGGING me.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 24, 2018, 08:52:22 pm »

For lack of anything better to do, continue menacing the air with my martial arts knowledge.

Spoiler: Graceful Ninja (click to show/hide)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 25, 2018, 07:55:27 am »

HAP Attempts to encouragethe ambassador to ambassidate:

"Hey, could you, maybe talk to it or whatever your kind does? Maybe get my teammate back? See if the alien has any sort of .. reverse robotification ray or something? and maybe a resurrection device? Asking for a friend. Well, a co-worker, I guess? We haven't even had a good cook-out together yet, so I don't know if he'd consider me a friend yet. But maybe if I bring him back from the dead, that would help. Probably.]"

Spoiler: mission briefing (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #319 on: May 25, 2018, 01:32:27 pm »

Initiate flashback episode of that time my parents abandoned me at a Denny's somewhere in rural arizona.

Spoiler: Golden Star (click to show/hide)
The world seems to get blurry and wavy, and a jingly jangly music starts playing. You flashback to the arizona desert, a long strip of black asphalt running through an infinite tract of parched earth and dead scrub. Off to the side of this road through sunbaked nowhere is a denny's, complete with faux 50's diner style design. You are standing on the side of the road, melted ice cream cone in hand, looking back and forth down the length of the asphalt, searching in vain for your family's familiar red family van.  You are flabbergasted in that uniquely childlike way; you cannot comprehend what is going on. You can not fathom it. The world has gone from utterly right to totally alien with just the small absence of that car. You are afraid, you are alone, and you don't know what to do.  Existential dread grips you and the desert yawns wide and unending.

Listen to the spacecraft, understand its intentions.

You can't hear anything. You can't see anything. But you can feel something. It feels like the ship is stabbing you dozens of times; not stabbing like a knife, stabbing like a hypodermic needle. Dozens of tiny pin pricks all over your body.

For lack of anything better to do, continue menacing the air with my martial arts knowledge.

What began as an embarrassing series of misses becomes a martial arts exhibition. Its impressive, if....completely the wrong time and place for such a thing.

Listen to the spacecraft,

God I wish that were me.

Catch up to the spacecraft, and wait for someone more competent to progress while protecting the innocent. Don't get KOED I am BEGGING me.
[6]

You get up, put yourself in a sprinter's starting position, and then rocket off towards the ship. You complete that mile in less than 30 seconds and proceed to smash straight through the wall of the hanger and into the already damaged shuttle, embedding yourself in a rather comical way in its side.

HAP Attempts to encouragethe ambassador to ambassidate:

"Hey, could you, maybe talk to it or whatever your kind does? Maybe get my teammate back? See if the alien has any sort of .. reverse robotification ray or something? and maybe a resurrection device? Asking for a friend. Well, a co-worker, I guess? We haven't even had a good cook-out together yet, so I don't know if he'd consider me a friend yet. But maybe if I bring him back from the dead, that would help. Probably.]"

You stop lamenting the down ship and turn to the ambassador only to see him sprinting away from the ship. Sprinting at a pace that is entirely too fast for someone of his shape. In fact probably too fast for any human.

The ship beeps loudly and then ejects Threnody from itself with a comical "PATOOOIE" that sends him arcing up into the ceiling.  It moves back up into the air and streaks off towards the Ambassador.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Masked League Of Lucha Liberty: Doomblade's Infinite Misfortune
« Reply #320 on: May 25, 2018, 02:25:12 pm »

Cry a little while eating my melted ice cream. Try going into denny's and ask the adults there where my family went.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 25, 2018, 03:13:20 pm »

HAP Finds the Ambassador's exercise routine perplexing at the least. He looks around for support from his teammates, only to find them .... yeeeeeaaaaah. Anyway, JAP grabs the Ambassador and firmly but gently plants him facing the ship:

"Over here, Ambassador. I know it's confusing, sir. But you don't have to imitate the Luchadors. We're Professionals! You just say hello to our new friend, eh?"

Hap chuckles to himself:

"Imitating a Luchador. A good way to get hurt, Ambassador. Why, you don't even have a Mask! There's no telling what Luchadoring would do to you. But it'd probably be horrible."

((I'm pretty sure this still qualifies as providing security. HAP still thinks the ship is harmless and friendly, and doesn't understand the Ambassador's retreat, because he doesn't see anything to retreat from. He's still of the mind that it's all been a misunderstanding.))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 25, 2018, 04:31:00 pm »

"Hero, the ship engulfed me and poked me with what felt like a symphony of needles. Perhaps it's looking for someone!"

Ask the ambassador if they know anything about what this could be, provide psuedopod-avoidance services as required.

((Threnody is also trying to avoid combat. He considers this a diplomatic conundrum that must be solved to achieve universal harmony.))

« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 05:39:45 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 25, 2018, 05:24:10 pm »

Now that my dignity has been restored, stealthily investigate the ambassador. There's something strange going on here.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 26, 2018, 02:16:45 am »

A Symphony of needles? Good Work, Threnody! You found the medbay!"

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 26, 2018, 05:33:12 pm »

A Symphony of needles? Good Work, Threnody! You found the medbay!"
"Well it didn't feel like a healthcare harmony to me!"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 26, 2018, 11:50:53 pm »

"Well it didn't feel like a healthcare harmony to me!"
"That's a relief! Doctors are scary! Last time i had to go, I cried so hard they had to give me three lollipops. I dropped one in the dirt on the way home and had to wash it off. But it was still good. Green Apple flavored!"
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 12:31:08 am by Ozarck »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 27, 2018, 11:23:52 pm »

"An inglorious tragedy with excellent flavor!"

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 28, 2018, 03:33:26 pm »

My running theory is that the ambassador is NOT human and the alien ship knows and wants to say hey bro.

Not again! Pry myself out and chase that ambassador/ship!

I have no idea what do once I'm there, but maybe I'll get Medbayed and learn something new.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #329 on: May 30, 2018, 02:20:59 pm »

Cry a little while eating my melted ice cream. Try going into denny's and ask the adults there where my family went.
You lick melted ice cream out of the waffle cone for a few moments in a vague attempt to comfort yourself before trying to walk back into the Denny's. As you turn around, every light in the Denny's goes out in unison and the doors lock with a definitive metal "CLUNK".

HAP Finds the Ambassador's exercise routine perplexing at the least. He looks around for support from his teammates, only to find them .... yeeeeeaaaaah. Anyway, JAP grabs the Ambassador and firmly but gently plants him facing the ship:

"Over here, Ambassador. I know it's confusing, sir. But you don't have to imitate the Luchadors. We're Professionals! You just say hello to our new friend, eh?"

Hap chuckles to himself:

"Imitating a Luchador. A good way to get hurt, Ambassador. Why, you don't even have a Mask! There's no telling what Luchadoring would do to you. But it'd probably be horrible."

((I'm pretty sure this still qualifies as providing security. HAP still thinks the ship is harmless and friendly, and doesn't understand the Ambassador's retreat, because he doesn't see anything to retreat from. He's still of the mind that it's all been a misunderstanding.))

[4]
You chase the ambassador. At first the chase is fairly easy; even though he's faster than your normal human runner, he's no match for a luchador. But as you grow closer, he speeds up. You notice that the pace at which he runs is staying the same, but with every step his legs are getting a little longer.  You manage to keep pace with him, pushing yourself to go even faster, but can't catch up and grab him. You both sprint off away from the hanger and towards the city, maybe a half mile away.
[2 acclaim!]

Now that my dignity has been restored, stealthily investigate the ambassador. There's something strange going on here.

[6]
You take off after the ambassador, easily overtaking him and then turning around to run backwards, squinting at the man as you do so. The man's formerly pudgy and nonthreatening features have elongated massively. His face resembles something like a shark mixed with a man, a long, sharp snout ending in a flaring human nose and huge almond shaped eyes above a mouth filled with teeth that start human but become huge fangs further back in the jaw.
[3 acclaim!]

My running theory is that the ambassador is NOT human and the alien ship knows and wants to say hey bro.

Not again! Pry myself out and chase that ambassador/ship!

I have no idea what do once I'm there, but maybe I'll get Medbayed and learn something new.

[2]
You pry, you struggle, you squirm, you swear (inwardly), you shout (inwardly, again) and you convulse but your actions are utterly in vain. As you watch, everyone runs off, chasing the ambassador. Everyone except Golden Star who just...sort of looks both dazed and a bit sad.

The alien ship slips past the ambassador and his pursuers and comes to a stop maybe 300ft in front of the group. Its metallic body flows and then explodes outward, forming a wall of metal spikes blocking the way for over 100 yards in either direction.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 45