Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 45

Author Topic: The Masked League Of Lucha Liberty: "Gentle Persuasion"  (Read 75815 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: The Masked League Of Lucha Liberty: Stop.
« Reply #465 on: August 17, 2018, 06:52:32 am »

Uncharacteristically brusque, HAP replies: "You mind your own business, Golden Star. Threnody and I handled This one, Threnody and I will make our decision. If anyone else can choose for her, it will be El Ultimo. Are you El Ultimo?"

Unless Threnody disagrees, HAP will call for Golden Eagle to come pick up our charge, and will wait with her until her fate is decided. Only then will he accompany the others to visit the other guy.

Turning to Threnody, HAP proclaims solemnly: "She was a worthy adversary, my friend. She threw soooo many random objects at us. She had some great one liners too, and quite a flair for the dramatic. I do believe she deserves our respect, and I intend to give it.

Oh shoot! I was gonna give her that cactus, too, but we traded it for the pictures!"

Spoiler: mission briefing (click to show/hide)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: August 17, 2018, 06:59:15 am »

"Alright, ! Golden Star! Let's do this!"

Prepare to vist the other guy with the group and give gravity dude a lesson!

Spoiler: Golden Star (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: August 17, 2018, 02:05:35 pm »

Check the objective marker to see if gravity guy is moving.

Spoiler: Graceful Ninja (click to show/hide)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #468 on: August 19, 2018, 10:09:27 am »

Check the objective marker to see if gravity guy is moving.

You check the objective marker. The arrow is pointing back the direction you came, but there's no indication of distance.

"Alright, ! Golden Star! Let's do this!"

Prepare to vist the other guy with the group and give gravity dude a lesson!

You get into a solid horse stance and start charging your preparedness. You make sure to scream while doing so, as is normal.

"What you're seeing now is my normal state.  This is super prepared. And this is someone who is prepared ascending past preparedness. Or you can just call it Preparedness 2. And this...is to go...even further beyond! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

Uncharacteristically brusque, HAP replies: "You mind your own business, Golden Star. Threnody and I handled This one, Threnody and I will make our decision. If anyone else can choose for her, it will be El Ultimo. Are you El Ultimo?"

Unless Threnody disagrees, HAP will call for Golden Eagle to come pick up our charge, and will wait with her until her fate is decided. Only then will he accompany the others to visit the other guy.

Turning to Threnody, HAP proclaims solemnly: "She was a worthy adversary, my friend. She threw soooo many random objects at us. She had some great one liners too, and quite a flair for the dramatic. I do believe she deserves our respect, and I intend to give it.

Oh shoot! I was gonna give her that cactus, too, but we traded it for the pictures!"

You call Golden Eagle and tell it to send a shuttle down to pick up Hot Head.  Golden Eagle sends a shuttle but while its in route, the AI asks you if you're sure you'd like to do this. It may cause issues with the relationship with that friendly alien murder ship. You wait for the ship to land, throwing up tons of sand and scaring off beach goers as it does,  and place the fugitive inside.

"If the ship has issues with our conduct we'll work it out. We are both fighters for justice, after all."

You're closing the door to the shuttle when you notice something.

"Golden star, you said that this opponent of yours manipulated gravity, right?"

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

"Well I ask because I see something there." You point up at the sky and a twinkle of metal. "I think it might be a bus.  And I think it might be flying at us. Does that sound like something he would do?"

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

"I see."

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: August 19, 2018, 11:48:45 am »

Try to punch the bus into the ocean.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 08:25:13 pm by The_Two_Eternities »
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: August 19, 2018, 01:52:28 pm »

((not without a sheet, you don't. Do you WANT to die? Or worse: be unmasked?))

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: August 19, 2018, 03:59:55 pm »

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

Heroically run away and avoid the truck!

Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: The Masked League Of Lucha Liberty: Choose your own Adventure
« Reply #472 on: August 20, 2018, 06:07:05 am »

"A good decision, HAP. Let us live for those we serve, not for those who ask us for disharmony."

Clear the area of civilians, aid HAP in catching bus if needed.

Spoiler: Threnody (click to show/hide)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: August 20, 2018, 06:58:52 am »

HAP will encourage the shuttle to head out, and will grab his more aggressive teammates and step out of the bus' path. Unless there are civilians on the bus (or HAP thinks there might be), in which case, assist teammates in safely recovering the bus.

((IC, HAP is unaware of this guy's attempt to not involve bystanders, I believe.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #474 on: August 22, 2018, 09:15:36 am »

HAP will encourage the shuttle to head out, and will grab his more aggressive teammates and step out of the bus' path. Unless there are civilians on the bus (or HAP thinks there might be), in which case, assist teammates in safely recovering the bus.

((IC, HAP is unaware of this guy's attempt to not involve bystanders, I believe.))

"A good decision, HAP. Let us live for those we serve, not for those who ask us for disharmony."

Clear the area of civilians, aid HAP in catching bus if needed.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

Heroically run away and avoid the truck!

Try to punch the bus into the ocean.

The shuttle takes off in a burst of sand and a scream of engines, tearing off into the sky and leaving a quickly fading blue glow behind. As soon as its away, HAP takes a quick look around, searching for any civie looky-loos who might be in danger. Seeing that the closest civilian is several hundred feet away, he decides on a particularly heroic action. He, along with everyone else, runs away.  Golden star, still powering up his readiness, goes running off in an erratic zig-zag, body still contorted in effort despite his wildly flailing legs.  Threnody follows along behind HAP, and HAP picks Ninja up like a cardboard standee and sprints away.

The Bus lands not with the screeching smash of destroyed metal and a noisy crumple, as they expected. Instead it slams into the ground as though it were a solid block of metal and throws up a huge cloud of sand as it sinks several feet into the beach. It grinds to a halt standing straight up out of the sand. The muscular man from before, Ninja and Golden Star's target, stands on top of it. He looks down at at the luchas and the beach, scanning his eyes around the distant ring of gathering civilians.  He licks his lips, a gesture of either nervousness or thought, and then slams his foot down on the bus. A visible ripple spreads through the bus, traveling down it like a wave and into the sand. The wave only grows once it hits the sand, like the ripple of a stone dropped into a pond, spreading out in all directions. It passes the Luchas gently, not even so much as unbalancing them, but when it reaches those distant civilians it sends them all toppling or scrambling to stay on their feet. As it passes the majority of them- the illusion of being a safe distance from the impending fight broken- start running in the opposite direction.

"There." The man says, watching them go, "That should give us more room." He turns his focus back to the Luchas and takes a deep breath. "No more running. We finish this here, one way or another. " He claps his hands, a sound like a gunshot, and the air wavers around him.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: August 22, 2018, 09:33:26 am »

"You sent the civilians away? You have my respect, noble opponent. I am Hero A. Protagonist, Jr. We've already had our beach episode, but I guess an encore is alright. After all, you seem to have quite a following!" HAP gestures at the fleeing crowd.

HAP strides forward after his little speech and extends the Lucha Hand of Friendship (or Respect Between Noble Opponents Before The Match Starts).

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: August 23, 2018, 10:38:35 am »

While gravity dude is distracted clapping his hands, sprint towards him and blind him with the flash of my camera! Unless he doesn't attack, of course.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 07:45:15 pm by randomgenericusername »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: The Masked League Of Lucha Liberty: Choose your own Adventure
« Reply #477 on: August 23, 2018, 03:21:20 pm »

"Patience, Golden Star. We do things the proper way. The harmonious way."

Prevent Golden Star from interfering. Should Gravity guy attack HAP, intervene.

In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: August 23, 2018, 08:01:14 pm »

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaalright! I don't know what do you mean with the harmonious way, but sure."

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: August 24, 2018, 12:05:51 pm »

After gravity guy attacks, punch the bus into the ocean.

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 45