Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 45

Author Topic: The Masked League Of Lucha Liberty: "Gentle Persuasion"  (Read 75827 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: The Masked League Of Lucha Liberty: Stop.
« Reply #480 on: August 24, 2018, 01:18:26 pm »

After gravity guy attacks, punch the bus into the ocean.

Spoiler: Graceful Ninja (click to show/hide)
"Patience, Golden Star. We do things the proper way. The harmonious way."

Prevent Golden Star from interfering. Should Gravity guy attack HAP, intervene.

Spoiler: Threnody (click to show/hide)
While gravity dude is distracted clapping his hands, sprint towards him and blind him with the flash of my camera! Unless he doesn't attack, of course.

Spoiler: Golden Star (click to show/hide)
"You sent the civilians away? You have my respect, noble opponent. I am Hero A. Protagonist, Jr. We've already had our beach episode, but I guess an encore is alright. After all, you seem to have quite a following!" HAP gestures at the fleeing crowd.

HAP strides forward after his little speech and extends the Lucha Hand of Friendship (or Respect Between Noble Opponents Before The Match Starts).

Spoiler: mission briefing (click to show/hide)
The man looks at HAP in confusion, as though he's speaking some sort of incomprehensible gibberish.  He seems to understand enough though, and can interpret the extended hand and the lack of immediate violence.

"As I told the others." he says, jerking his chin at Ninja and Golden Star, "I do not wish to fight. I have made a home here. But if I will not allow myself to be taken if I can prevent it."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: August 24, 2018, 01:47:22 pm »

"A villain reformed? -gasp- You guys! It's a redemption story! And right after the Beach Episode! Oh happy day! Come, sir, El Ultimo is a great leader, a fine Symbol of Honor and Justice. I am sure the head of the Masked League of Lucha Liberty (that's us) would be thrilled to help you resolve your tragic backstory.

We can work out your Lucha name afterward. All I've got at the moment is the Bus Pile Driver. Catchy, admittedly, but do you really want to commit to a public transportation venue?"

HAP, via the madness above, invites the man to come along peacefully and join the Luchas.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #482 on: August 25, 2018, 10:46:34 am »

"A villain reformed? -gasp- You guys! It's a redemption story! And right after the Beach Episode! Oh happy day! Come, sir, El Ultimo is a great leader, a fine Symbol of Honor and Justice. I am sure the head of the Masked League of Lucha Liberty (that's us) would be thrilled to help you resolve your tragic backstory.

We can work out your Lucha name afterward. All I've got at the moment is the Bus Pile Driver. Catchy, admittedly, but do you really want to commit to a public transportation venue?"

HAP, via the madness above, invites the man to come along peacefully and join the Luchas.

The man squints at you, clearly trying to figure out what your play is.

"I would prefer" he says finally, "To remain here with my family. I have had my fill of violence for one lifetime."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: August 25, 2018, 11:21:00 am »

"I see, I see." HAP clearly didn't see. "Our tag team partners - the aliens we came to investigate (Threnody, we're not investigating them anymore, is that right?), well, they think you are a villain in disguise. I think they'll come back for you. I'm not really a legal expert or anything, so I don't know what you can expect, but if you are truly reformed, I do believe the League would put in a good word for you. Maybe something can be done. Community service, maybe?"

HAP frowns in thought. Negotiating is hard. HAP is used to Punching for Justice, and making witty Heroic One-Liners.

"At any rate, I'll put in a good word with El Ultimo for you. I'd hate to break up a family. It's not really the Lucha Way.

I mean, even Super Villain Families should get to see each other, right?"

More Diplomacy

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: August 25, 2018, 11:40:11 am »

"Man, I wish my family hadn't abandoned me at a Denny's somewhere in rural arizona..."

Go find and calm the civilians, assuring them that everything is under control. HAP seems to know what he's doing.

The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #485 on: August 27, 2018, 03:49:47 pm »

"Man, I wish my family hadn't abandoned me at a Denny's somewhere in rural arizona..."

Go find and calm the civilians, assuring them that everything is under control. HAP seems to know what he's doing.

You walk out towards the civilians and make dismissive gestures, as though trying to brush them away.

"Nothing to see here folks. Move along. Move along."

"I see, I see." HAP clearly didn't see. "Our tag team partners - the aliens we came to investigate (Threnody, we're not investigating them anymore, is that right?), well, they think you are a villain in disguise. I think they'll come back for you. I'm not really a legal expert or anything, so I don't know what you can expect, but if you are truly reformed, I do believe the League would put in a good word for you. Maybe something can be done. Community service, maybe?"

HAP frowns in thought. Negotiating is hard. HAP is used to Punching for Justice, and making witty Heroic One-Liners.

"At any rate, I'll put in a good word with El Ultimo for you. I'd hate to break up a family. It's not really the Lucha Way.

I mean, even Super Villain Families should get to see each other, right?"

More Diplomacy

"You would take me yourself? Not hand me off to..."His voice trails off and he seems to consider this. "You do not know of my crimes. How can you promise anything?"

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: August 27, 2018, 04:08:04 pm »

"We cannot promise much. But we can promise that we will hear you out. More relevant,  why do you not tell us what you have done? Your colleague with the fire was quite off-key and wouldn't talk to us."
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: August 27, 2018, 07:58:01 pm »

"Fear not, civilians! For Golden Star is here to protect the innocent and save the day!"

Find a pen and start handing autographed photos of myself to the civilians.

Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: August 28, 2018, 08:21:00 am »

"We can promise you That we will always strive to offer Justice in Honor. It is the Lucha way, and we," HAP gestures at his accomplices teammates, "Have but one goal: to live lives worthy of the name Luchadors!"
Hap Nod's earnestly
"I cannot promise you what El Ultimo's final decision may be, and it is true that I don't know what you've done, but you seem to desire to leave the darkness behind, and Luchas always look to the light!

I can call Golden Eagle to bring another shuttle right away, if you desire. If the aliens object, well, as I said before, we'll work it out. We are both fighters for justice, after all."

More Diplomacy. Should gravguy agree, call a shuttle. should the aliens arrive to disagree, shield grav guy until said shuttle arrives to take him away.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: August 28, 2018, 11:54:03 am »

"Er... out of curiosity, what were your crimes? I think we should know this before we take action."

Spoiler: Graceful Ninja (click to show/hide)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: August 29, 2018, 07:00:44 am »

"You guuuuuuuuuuys. That's not very Lucha, is it? If he wanted to monologue, he would have already. The proper course is to present him toEl Ultimo, at which point he can either break down and confess in a heartbreaking flashback sequence, or be whisked off to the secret, opulent Headmaster's office where he can confide privately, thereby gaining the trust of our Leader and swearing fealty to him in atonement!

Honestly, it's like you haven't even read the Luchador Handbook of Scenarios at all."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #491 on: August 29, 2018, 05:21:17 pm »

"We can promise you That we will always strive to offer Justice in Honor. It is the Lucha way, and we," HAP gestures at his accomplices teammates, "Have but one goal: to live lives worthy of the name Luchadors!"
Hap Nod's earnestly
"I cannot promise you what El Ultimo's final decision may be, and it is true that I don't know what you've done, but you seem to desire to leave the darkness behind, and Luchas always look to the light!

I can call Golden Eagle to bring another shuttle right away, if you desire. If the aliens object, well, as I said before, we'll work it out. We are both fighters for justice, after all."

More Diplomacy. Should gravguy agree, call a shuttle. should the aliens arrive to disagree, shield grav guy until said shuttle arrives to take him away.

"Fine." The man said after a long moment and the shimmering aura around him faded. "I shall go with you, and will offer you no resistance so long as I am fairly treated."

"Splendid. Golden Eagle, space pod for...5, please."

Now, something of importance here: Are you guys leaving together or just sending him?

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: August 29, 2018, 05:30:18 pm »

We still have to deal with the alien ship, don't we? We can't leave, otherwise the ship would probably attack while we're in the ship.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: August 30, 2018, 07:08:04 am »

HAP will go, if the others want to stay and diplomatize the poor alien ship.

Conversely, HAP will stay and pass along messages to the family of the guy if he wishes that and some other Lucha accompanies the guy.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: August 30, 2018, 08:00:46 am »

I think we should sray here and deal with the alien ship before anyone leaves. That means not using the space pod since it might be destroyed by the alien ship when it tries to leave.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 45