Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 100

Author Topic: What are you currently playing?  (Read 179760 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #555 on: August 18, 2019, 10:45:56 am »

Its good.  Im gonna go out on a limb and say unless it gets substantially harder, its easier than sacred stones.  Im on normal classic and by december year one I've outleveled the story content by at least a couple levels.  Its pretty rare i have to use the timewarp ability even once, and I've got six uses per battle.  Weapon triangle seems nerfed, even in sacred stones o remember it being nigh suicidal to attack on the wrong end of the triangle

Characters are fun though, i mostly enjoy the college interludes.  Fave characters are hilda, lorenz, claude, and leonie, haven't given the other houses the time of day really.  Maybe i should though, if my predictions are right about the story paths i can choose, i need to divest the religious characters and focus harder on the more secular or mercenary characters.  (No spoilers please)

Going all in on romancing manuela, the only real choice.  Dont fuck students.
The weapon triangle actually doesn't exist in Three Houses, unless you have one of the Breaker skills like Swordbreaker, Axebreaker, etc.
The game does get harder, though if you spam battles you'll probably still continue to outlevel the enemies, and yes, Divine Pulse has... probably too many charges. Apparently they're planning a Lunatic difficulty and possibly even one above that, which will be added in later updates.

You can in fact "steal" students from other houses (as the game has likely informed you), but this is only if you care to. You can absolutely get through the game without doing this, but if there's a character outside of your chosen house that you like, feel free to invest time in getting support levels with them so they'll join you.

I got Felix, but I'm at the big turning point of the first act
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
and now I really don't know where things are going.

Also, weirdly, Linhardt is the only dude with an S bond.  Did they toss in a token gay romance option or is he a girl in disguise?  I thought it was weird that the game makes you be straight, buthis art looks more like the art on the female characters.  Hmmm
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 11:06:27 am by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: August 18, 2019, 12:40:51 pm »

I got Felix, but I'm at the big turning point of the first act
and now I really don't know where things are going.

Also, weirdly, Linhardt is the only dude with an S bond.  Did they toss in a token gay romance option or is he a girl in disguise?  I thought it was weird that the game makes you be straight, buthis art looks more like the art on the female characters.  Hmmm
Depending on which house you chose you might get railroaded. The critical decisions in the game are very, very apparent--you get a special prompt that straight up tells you with a dramatic heartbeat sound that the decision you're about to make will affect the story. Everything else has a minor effect, like who ends up joining you, etc.

Regarding Linhardt and gay options: no, he's not a girl in disguise (as many seem to think), but he is basically... the only gay option for male Byleth. Female Byleth has a few more options, including Edelgard, which is clearly the superior choice in my, uh, completely unbiased and totally objective opinion. You have to pick Black Eagles as your house for that option, though, so unlike the minor characters, it's not always available.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: August 18, 2019, 03:21:49 pm »

Just made it to part 2.  Pleasantly surprised, I didn't expect it to go in this direction though maybe I should've. 

Shoes...

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: August 18, 2019, 03:41:34 pm »

Just made it to part 2.  Pleasantly surprised, I didn't expect it to go in this direction though maybe I should've. 

I haven't done Blue Lions or Golden Deer yet, but I know a lot about them already. I'm playing through Black Eagles as we speak, so if you really want to know...

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: August 19, 2019, 08:19:20 pm »

FFXIV is the best mmo ever fite me
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: August 19, 2019, 10:04:19 pm »

I've heard good things about Opus Magnum.

Never played it, but apparently it's a game about designing machines that can create chemical (or was it alchemical?) compounds as quickly and efficiently as possible.

Automachef is this, but with fast food.

And, well, having played a bit of it (some of the early levels and one contract in the game's contract mode) I can see the appeal. You have to worry about order of operations and the route your ingredients will take before they reach the assembler, not to mention power and ingredient usage.

I felt very, very clever when I realized I could do certain things to make my machines take up much less space or use one dumb robot arm instead of three smart ones.

In other words, I like it. I like it a lot.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: August 20, 2019, 09:10:54 pm »

All of that guy's games are good. 

I'm in part 2 of Fire Emblem now.  Things are getting interesting, but I think the length of the first sequence was a misstep.  It's a fun combination, the two acts, sort of a deep space 9 scenario where you set up the characters and the world and then put it all to the test, but it's so long it takes some of the wind out of you, I'm light on motivation to keep playing unless something huge comes up.  I'm also outrageously overleveled now which also hurts.

Lorenz is probably my strongest companion, I'd like to see him fight the avatar character, minus the special avatar item of course, I think he might be able to take him.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 09:24:55 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: August 20, 2019, 10:28:46 pm »

I'm somewhat surprised to hear your comments about the difficulty. I can only assume you're playing on Normal, battling a lot more often than you should, are really good at SRPGs, or some combination of those things. I've played a lot of fire Emblem, and while none of the maps in Three Houses have pushed me beyond my limits thus far, I seldom find them outright boring and have used magical mystical timey-wimey stuff a decent number of times to fix problems (though never enough to feel like I might run out).

I don't think the game intends to be frustratingly difficult, but considering I've never outright failed a chapter on Hard, I do agree it's probably a little too easy for most people who aren't absolute newcomers.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: August 22, 2019, 10:16:49 pm »

Steambirds Alliance just came out on Steam.
It's a twin-stick bullet-hell shooter co-op mmo roguelite. Free to play, with cash shop for inventory space and cosmetics.
I've only played a few hours, but definitely seems like it's worth a look if you're into any of the above genres.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: August 23, 2019, 12:56:04 am »

Steambirds Alliance just came out on Steam.
It's a twin-stick bullet-hell shooter co-op mmo roguelite. Free to play, with cash shop for inventory space and cosmetics.
I've only played a few hours, but definitely seems like it's worth a look if you're into any of the above genres.

Or, for those familiar with it: It's a modern version of Realm of the Mad God. Without having looked it up yet, there's enough similarities that I'd be very confident in saying it's made by the same people.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: August 24, 2019, 11:00:02 am »

Remnant: from the ashes its like darksouls, bloodborne and borderlands all mixed together. everyone's side dungeons are randomized and have different gear (like in my map, i had a boss who dropped a thing to get a weapon mod that summons little dudes and my friends had a bandit named barabus who, if you do a side thing, will give you bandit armor). all guns feel like they have a use and some bosses drop boss weapons that are usually pimped out versions of the base guns.

all in all, its a ton of fun. be prepared to server hop to find the gear you want
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: August 24, 2019, 12:23:03 pm »

Baba is You but as of late I've started going as slow as maybe 1-2 puzzle done per day (compared to blazing thru whole sections at start).

The game sure rakes your brain for creativity and outside-of-the-box thinking. Must have if you love puzzles!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: August 25, 2019, 04:51:09 am »

I'm currently playing STALKER Lost Alpha, and so far I'm liking it especially the fact that I can lave two long guns and a pistol at the same time, even if the pistols still suck, the only thing I don't get is why its set like you get different options for melee but the only thing available is the knife, unless I haven't found or unlocked the different options.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: August 27, 2019, 04:06:25 pm »

Remnant: from the ashes its like darksouls, bloodborne and borderlands all mixed together. everyone's side dungeons are randomized and have different gear (like in my map, i had a boss who dropped a thing to get a weapon mod that summons little dudes and my friends had a bandit named barabus who, if you do a side thing, will give you bandit armor). all guns feel like they have a use and some bosses drop boss weapons that are usually pimped out versions of the base guns.

all in all, its a ton of fun. be prepared to server hop to find the gear you want

So how is this shaking out? Read the reviews and people are saying it's fairly light on content (weapon and armor choices, tilsets for the levels, enemies....) and people hacking can bork your save in MP by giving you additional levels you didn't earn as soon as they join you. Despite the levels being random, the chatter is it doesn't have much replayability. Thoughts? Worth it for the SP experience?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: August 27, 2019, 04:18:57 pm »

its about as replayable as dark souls, so not much. sure you can try a new build or something but the randomization is helpful and limited. idk about hackers in mp, as i only play with friends or i join others games, noone joins my server except vetted friends. sp i can say is rather meh. its ment for mp exploring and boss fighting.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 100