Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 63

Author Topic: Wiki-Warfare: Virtual Mortality: v.1.1 (INACTIVE)  (Read 78163 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki-Warfare: Virtual Mortality: v.1.1
« Reply #330 on: February 17, 2019, 02:10:02 pm »

"I didn't expect it to be that easy. Oh well, Stand BS is a thing. Anyhow, I've got a wonderful idea."

"I wish the next round would feature the Mycroft Holmes and his minions from this round as antagonists."
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 17, 2019, 02:36:36 pm »

The Watchful Monarch
Finale

Fallacy looks up to the glowing blue butterfly in the sky, and says "I didn't expect it to be that easy. Oh well, Stand BS is a thing. Anyhow, I've got a wonderful idea." He gestures out, and states loudly "I wish the next round would feature the Mycroft Holmes and his minions from this round as antagonists!"

E.D.U lets out a little chime before her voice says "Your wish...has been granted."

And then Fallacy's alone. Back in the abyss...

(depends. Assuming that Greatness doesn't want to do the same game mode twice in a row, then there's a 2 in 3 chance that either 4 of the other players will be friendly to you, or that everyone will be more focused on killing someone specific rather than eachother)

Game Modes are actually randomly determined via d4. I am allowed to change my answer if I don't like it, though.

(Oh Jesus, 10 players in the next round? How fast am I gonna die)

Judging by the waitlist...you'll actually be in Round 3! So, uh, slower than you think, but still much faster than you'd like.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 17, 2019, 02:54:23 pm »

(Kek, I thought someone said pulls from the Wait list were random.)
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 17, 2019, 02:55:11 pm »

(Better bleedin’ not be :p)
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 17, 2019, 02:59:02 pm »

(Better bleedin’ not be :p)

They are not, no.

But anyway, yes, that'll do it. If Fallacy wishes to waitlist, he can. For now, though, enjoy a brief break before I start rolling up Chapter II.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 17, 2019, 02:59:27 pm »

(Nah, I'm drunk on Eldrich horror writing. I don't even know where that came from.)
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 17, 2019, 03:37:10 pm »

(depends. Assuming that Greatness doesn't want to do the same game mode twice in a row, then there's a 2 in 3 chance that either 4 of the other players will be friendly to you, or that everyone will be more focused on killing someone specific rather than eachother)

Game Modes are actually randomly determined via d4. I am allowed to change my answer if I don't like it, though.

(Oh Jesus, 10 players in the next round? How fast am I gonna die)

Judging by the waitlist...you'll actually be in Round 3! So, uh, slower than you think, but still much faster than you'd like.
I mean, that's still a 50/50 chance that the remaining waitlisters will be allowed to play next round, they just won't be in the starting lineup.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 17, 2019, 03:55:04 pm »

(("The Watchful Monarch"... that's interesting.))

((Yeah, for now I'll waitlist.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 17, 2019, 10:13:59 pm »

Lore Entry: The Data Ghost

It was hard, sometimes. Knowing where it started and when it ended. Last thing it could remember before awakening again was fire, burning down it's residence like it was the angry god it swore to run away from. Or, did it support this god? It's memory was so disjointed, moments from a life it remembers living flashing out quicker than could be caught, leaving just more questions than answers.

From what it could recall, it was a Data Ghost. A human soul resurrected in code, an undead in a cyberspace it could merely interact with. The real world behind a screen except for fleeting moments where worlds collided somewhere off in the infinite expanse of the multiverse. When all was said and done, though, it used to be human. This journal, the book basically bound to it by sentimentality, was sure to have answers. And it did, but it only raised more. It knew it was human, but there were so many names that it didn't know which was it's. It knew it was male, but that barely narrowed down the possibilities. Due to the language the book was written in, The Data Ghost's life was European in birth, but where was unclear. And to make matters all the worse, any attempt to get somewhere just made it remember the fire.

So, when it materialized in the game, and was tasked with giving Avatars their equipment, it was glad to have a purpose, and have it's mind at ease. It worked diligently and detailed, right down to slipping the right scarf around the neck of the Fourth Doctor. And it worked. The existentialism was pushed back, and the Data Ghost felt calm, knowing it didn't have to think about it's past as a human. And in particular, one burning question that emerged every time it saw the person pulling the strings here:

Why did the name Jess Warner sound so...familiar?

You can probably guess who the Data Ghost is.

But yes, Lore Entries are coming back! Since I'm planning a less constrictive plot, I can afford to stretch my writing muscles and flesh out concepts better than in Cataclysm. Hence, this!

The Turn 0 of Chapter II will come out overnight, ready for you guys to play by tomorrow morning!

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 17, 2019, 11:21:44 pm »

((Oh man, I did not expect the universe to do that. Waitlist me plz.))

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 18, 2019, 03:58:31 am »

The Rich Man's Fortune
Deathmatch
Part 0: Restoring the World
Almelo, Twente, Eastern Netherlands in the Holmsian Empire
Nighttime, Overcast, 11/13/2020

Per the wish of the previous winner, the Avatar known as Mycroft Holmes, along with his allies in Rudy Brewer, Cobra, and the Rwandan military in of itself, was all resurrected first before the rest of the virtual populace. But even becoming an NPC did not stop his plans, as he set out to find land to call his own, eventually finding himself in the city of Almelo in the land of Twente in the Eastern Netherlands.

Using his wealth, firepower, and superpowers, Mycroft took Almelo. Then Twente. Then the East Netherlands, then the rest of the Netherlands. And it kept expanding, a combination of coups both bloodless and full of red splattered on the walls, carving an empire throughout Europe, taking the entirety of the neighboring lands of Germany and Belgium, and beginning to set up shop in the UK, Sweden, Norway, Iceland, and other nearby lands. It was clear that between the resurrection, the money, the Stand, and the sheer power, the Mad King Mycroft was born where Mycroft Holmes, brother of Sherlock, died.

It is in this capital of Mycroft's kingdom, the Holmsian Empire's Principality of Almelo, that the second contest of Wiki-Warfare in this virtual world begins, ten strangers again waking up close by eachother in the backstreets, instructed to kill eachother once more...

BSN: Well, Fallacy, here's how I interpreted your wish. Hope you don't mind.  :D

Yep. Another deathmatch. d4 rolled a 1 and I didn't feel inclined to veto. Chapter 3 will not be a normal Deathmatch to compensate, though, I will tell you all now.

Also, I am adding in Additional. The Additional category is what the Daleks were last round: character driven stuff that is unique to you, but doesn't count as an ability, asset, or ally.

Spoiler: Hector13 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The_Two_Eternities (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Detoxicated (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Imic (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 0cra_Tr0per (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: King Zultan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TamerVirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rockeater (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 04:02:32 am by Greatness942 »

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 18, 2019, 05:02:33 am »

"Hop in Niko, and shoot any of them getting close"
Drive to the capitol building whatever it is
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 18, 2019, 08:05:49 am »

Run away from the group until I find some where secluded and carve some deer into a door.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 18, 2019, 09:15:17 am »

Right lads, back to the ships!

Find a way back to the Phoenix and Coppella.

Also, when in a safer spot, use Revisionist on Henry’s flintlock, turn it into a modern firearm, just to see what happens.

If successful, use it on my flintlock.

Edit: both also include changing the bullets, 'cause I don't know how pedantic you want me to be yet :p
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 12:54:39 pm by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 18, 2019, 10:09:37 am »

(Well, guess I'll have to sit this one out then. Looking forward to the next match at least. Also, jeeze Hector, how come your mom lets you have two boats.)
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 63