Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 399

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 486288 times)

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #705 on: July 05, 2019, 09:12:19 am »

Yet another reason to admire kobolds, they've made cuteness into a working system of government.

I thought kobolds had no system of government.   ;)

That's what they want you to think. :P
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: July 06, 2019, 12:26:19 am »

Suggestion: make kobolds relentless, micro-managing bureaucrats.  They still steal your stuff, but now they justify it through a tangled web of logic concerning property rights, land use ordinances, and various obscure zoning laws.  If you attempt to dispute them, they'll get your entire fortress (including a new profession, the lawyer) wrapped up in endless legal battles* that slowly increase stress levels until your fortress collapses.  You can still just kill them, though, because everyone still hates them, albeit for different reasons.

*Note: court hearings are complicated by the fact that, even though they have an entire Byzantine power structure and electoral system, kobold speech is still unintelligible gibberish.
We must prepare for the Vomitpocalypse.

nezclaw

• Bay Watcher
  • i should really migrate my saves...
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: July 06, 2019, 02:13:20 am »

speaking of kobolds, i had a better idea for df+kerbal space program. kobold space program.

basically you have to deal with the odd failed kobold spaceship (ie all of them) falling out of the sky and blowing craters in the surface.
Dawnthunder: It menaces with spikes of tetanus
After the fire had burned down all of the wooden next boxes on the surface, Mottled Petrel was reluctant to replace them with more wooden nest boxes. Instead, he placed the remaining store of wooden nest boxes in the dormitory for any aspiring koopa mothers.

The nest boxes were immediately overrun by helmet snakes.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: July 06, 2019, 10:38:04 am »

speaking of kobolds, i had a better idea for df+kerbal space program. kobold space program.

basically you have to deal with the odd failed kobold spaceship (ie all of them) falling out of the sky and blowing craters in the surface.
This sounds interesting, adding a new rocket part, Sensor, could allow you to find and dodge these falling rockets

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: July 06, 2019, 09:17:09 pm »

Protesters!

Before getting to the point of "Oblivious" or "Berserk", upset dwarfs may start an "Organize Protest" activity where they influence others to join them, and this group would gather in a dining room to protest the lack of a food type, the rain, the dead bodies, not enough soap, no well, or whatever the complaint is.

This activity could reduce the dwarf's level of upset or increase it, "Others expressed sympathy and agreed with me, I feel better" or "Others support me, I am going to form a coalition and take over".
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?
     and
If you're going to kill me, I'm allowed to scream.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: July 06, 2019, 09:35:48 pm »

Protesters!

Before getting to the point of "Oblivious" or "Berserk", upset dwarfs may start an "Organize Protest" activity where they influence others to join them, and this group would gather in a dining room to protest the lack of a food type, the rain, the dead bodies, not enough soap, no well, or whatever the complaint is.

This activity could reduce the dwarf's level of upset or increase it, "Others expressed sympathy and agreed with me, I feel better" or "Others support me, I am going to form a coalition and take over".
I actually think this would be good for the game to add

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: July 06, 2019, 09:59:38 pm »

This sounds interesting, adding a new rocket part, Sensor, could allow you to find and dodge these falling rockets

It does somewhat fly in the face of DF's "no post-1400s tech" rule, tho. :P
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: July 06, 2019, 10:45:24 pm »

Strap the items you wish to take on a cannon, shoot it high, it will still be in the sky, the “sensors” can be things that vibrate asked on air currents also strapped to said cannon ball

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: July 06, 2019, 10:48:48 pm »

Okay, but check it: gunpowder was invented in China before the year 1000.  All we hafta do is find DF Asia, cram a bunch of the stuff into stone pots, and put a chair on top, and we're golden!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: July 06, 2019, 10:57:17 pm »

Okay, but check it: gunpowder was invented in China before the year 1000.  All we hafta do is find DF Asia, cram a bunch of the stuff into stone pots, and put a chair on top, and we're golden!
This very much beats my cannon ball idea

xZippy

• Bay Watcher
  • ■■ ■■■■ ■■■
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: July 07, 2019, 02:19:14 am »

Every new moon, a dwarf does an ungodly awful Tom Hanks impression which will always cause negative thoughts. If a dwarf is in a strange mood, it will just switch to the insanity part.

PineMarten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarven Endeavours
« Reply #716 on: July 07, 2019, 12:27:15 pm »

Dwarves spend about half of their time engaging in extensive and thorough beard hair and get very unhappy thoughts when they are unable to.

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: July 08, 2019, 01:43:06 am »

Any time a dwarf enters a strange mood of any kind, there's a 1% chance they'll make something from Random Item Drop: https://randomitemdrop.tumblr.com/

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: July 09, 2019, 08:07:11 am »

Dwarves spend about half of their time engaging in extensive and thorough beard hair and get very unhappy thoughts when they are unable to.
I've been thinking about this, and y'know, dwarves should have extensive beard-care routines, along with the accoutrements to go with them.  Like trimming scissors, forged from metal; special shampoos and conditioners; and pomade, made from animal fat or beeswax.  All dwarves will spend at least part of one day per week tending their lustrous facial hair, or else suffer unhappy thoughts.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 399