Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 399

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 486298 times)

King Mir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #1665 on: April 30, 2020, 06:18:23 pm »

Also, make dwarves need oil to reproduce.
What are they? Elves?
Sounds more like automata.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: May 07, 2020, 03:26:03 pm »

Dwarfs may fake ill health, reporting in at the hospital. The doctor's social skills will be challenged.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?
     and
If you're going to kill me, I'm allowed to scream.

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: May 08, 2020, 04:02:58 pm »

Dwarfs may fake ill health, reporting in at the hospital. The doctor's social skills will be challenged.

Some might want to avoid work or military service.
"Just tell me about the bits with the forest-defending part, the sociopath part is pretty normal dwarf behavior."

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: May 08, 2020, 04:31:30 pm »

Sometimes dwarfs will wander through your territory who appear to be avoiding work or military service. You can choose to subject them to arbitrary hastle through your duly appointed Sheriff/CotG, such as dragging them back to the side of the map when they try to visit the tavern, imprisonment with menaces and cutting off their beards.

Every now and then, you'll find out that this dwarf is a veteran military dwarf and you'll find your escalated efforts to punish them turning into an unfair fight in the landscape surrounding your fort, with traps you didn't create causing problems for any militia unit you might send against them and (if you persist) possible destruction of various sections of your fort and undodgable ranged damage on your Sheriff, etc.

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: May 14, 2020, 12:59:45 am »

High-ranking dwarves already demand lavish living quarters and tombs.  Up the stakes by having every subsequent noble and monarch in a given position demand more, bigger, and better ones than their predecessors, until your entire map is consumed by their collective egos.
We must prepare for the Vomitpocalypse.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: May 14, 2020, 06:16:10 am »

Sometimes they command defiling/overbuilding/dismantling of the earlier tombs, including spoiling engravings relating to their predecessors.  This inevitably creates powerful restless spirits and curses as each new generation, mindful of what happened to ancestors by their hand or others, becomes determined to deflect this post-mortem fate from themselves.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: May 14, 2020, 06:19:48 pm »

After the fort's highest official is elected, there is a chance they will demand quarters for all dwarfs that currently do not own a bed. They do this in addition to demanding more lavish quarters for themselves.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?
     and
If you're going to kill me, I'm allowed to scream.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: May 14, 2020, 06:33:41 pm »

Oh no, that would make life easier for dwarves.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: May 14, 2020, 06:35:53 pm »

I already try giving all dwarves a bed, what’s the problem?

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: May 14, 2020, 10:15:52 pm »

Sometimes they command defiling/overbuilding/dismantling of the earlier tombs, including spoiling engravings relating to their predecessors.  This inevitably creates powerful restless spirits and curses as each new generation, mindful of what happened to ancestors by their hand or others, becomes determined to deflect this post-mortem fate from themselves.

Oh, I love this.  I really love this.

Oh no, that would make life easier for dwarves.

Oh shit, can't have that!

Alternately, the opposite: nobles demand worse quarters for everyone else.  What good is lounging in your half-acre goose down bed with silk sheets unless you also know that the proles who serve you are sleeping on naked bedrock?
We must prepare for the Vomitpocalypse.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: May 14, 2020, 11:12:49 pm »

Nobles who are sadistic will have random dwarves tortured.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: May 14, 2020, 11:34:38 pm »

Nobles who are sadistic will have random dwarves tortured.

The torture is planting trees on the surface.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Urist9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: May 15, 2020, 04:17:15 am »

Have you seen the graphics pack that will ship with the steam version? Masterful designed workshops with tools carefully laid out.

It's about those tools I want to talk. Obviously workshops should have tools. Tools that degrade in use. This should include pickaxes of course.

While crafting of new tools is mandatory to even farm or use the kitchen, they should rely on parts that are randomly generated each world, like the musical instruments.

Urist Metalcrafter cancels job: Can't forge pliers, need glass bolts.
Urist Glassmaker cancels job: Can't make glass bolts, need pliers.

The possibilities are endless.

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: May 15, 2020, 01:53:58 pm »

After the fort's highest official is elected, there is a chance they will demand quarters for all dwarfs that currently do not own a bed. They do this in addition to demanding more lavish quarters for themselves.

Leaders addressing the concerns of their constituants is a really good suggestion, along with all the distortions which could be introduced (for exemple a leader only caring for major landowners). Could we add assemblies?

Nah, a terrible suggestion could be to have a firtress-wide referendum decice of every question, including the emplacement of a stockhouse.
"Just tell me about the bits with the forest-defending part, the sociopath part is pretty normal dwarf behavior."

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: May 15, 2020, 05:07:42 pm »

Nah, a terrible suggestion could be to have a firtress-wide referendum decice of every question, including the emplacement of a stockhouse.

Or who is supposed to fulfill the latest mandate. The debate will often go on past the mandate deadline, causing the hammerer to go on a random hammering spree until they get tired. (If the hammerer is a vampire, or otherwise incapable of getting tired, the spree never ends.)
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 399