Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 402

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 490232 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #1755 on: June 12, 2020, 06:12:07 pm »

Dwarves periodically remove their asbestos clothing because it's uncomfortable. Especially when they're standing in !!magma!!, because they're uncomfortably warm.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 06:14:30 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: June 13, 2020, 12:21:10 am »

Dwarves periodically remove their asbestos clothing because it's uncomfortable. Especially when they're standing in !!magma!!, because they're uncomfortably warm.
Merciful Armok, they would, too.
"Whew, I'm toasty!  Better take off this--" [sounds of melting]
We must prepare for the Vomitpocalypse.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: June 13, 2020, 10:57:32 am »

Dwarves who melt due to !!magma!! explode in a gigantic greasy fireball which causes a large cloud of !!magma mist!! to form. The greasy fireball, meanwhile, is melting other dwarves, who also explode, ...

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: June 13, 2020, 10:54:49 pm »

Dwarves who melt due to !!magma!! explode in a gigantic greasy fireball which causes a large cloud of !!magma mist!! to form. The greasy fireball, meanwhile, is melting other dwarves, who also explode, ...
I'm imagining some unfortunate miner digging into a magma chamber and setting off the conga line of haulers behind them, who detonate in sequence like a huge, hairy chain of firecrackers until the chain reaction reaches either your great hall or your tavern.  (Also, you have the most honest username of anyone on this forum, and for that, I commend you)

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: June 14, 2020, 10:15:50 am »

I'm imagining some unfortunate miner digging into a magma chamber and setting off the conga line of haulers behind them, who detonate in sequence like a huge, hairy chain of firecrackers until the chain reaction reaches either your great hall or your tavern.
laughter
(IDK about the most honest part, though it definitely isn't easy to be a competent fortress maker - there's so many things that can go wrong in your first week alone. But it's all part of the !!FUN!!, no?)

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: June 17, 2020, 12:33:01 am »

(Indeed.  I am, myself, a badly incompetent fortress maker, but I thoroughly enjoy the spectacle of, say, watching a month-old fort get assaulted by a were-tapir and, whoops, there go everybody's arms!)

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: June 17, 2020, 11:54:11 pm »

Put backpacks on scribes and scholars, to carry multiple books at once.
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: June 18, 2020, 12:59:32 am »

Let all dwarves borrow books, but they get hammered if they don't return them in time or in good condition.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: June 18, 2020, 01:22:37 am »

Everyone gets hammered if they even think of touching a book.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: June 18, 2020, 01:27:26 am »

Any time a dwarf thinks about books, a random book in the world bursts into flames.

This also applies to other items and creatures. It somehow even applies to ideas, resulting in severe brain damage to anyone who thinks about the idea, until the idea is burnt to ashes and ceases to exist.

This can include, for example, the concept of distance, resulting in dwarves attacking their comrades instead of the goblins on the other side of the world, and constant interruptions relating to dwarves' own hands becoming threateningly large when getting too close to their face!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 01:45:13 am by Bumber »

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: June 18, 2020, 03:08:52 am »

Every dwarf has a book in them. Literally/viscerally.

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: June 18, 2020, 07:34:54 am »

I was deeply confused until I realized you meant hammered as in punished, not hammered as in drunk.

Also: dwarves get black-out drunk from thinking about books, for some reason.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: June 18, 2020, 11:31:15 am »

I was deeply confused until I realized you meant hammered as in punished, not hammered as in drunk.

Also: dwarves get black-out drunk from thinking about books, for some reason.
Dwarves who black out due to being drunk on thoughts of books also attract swarms of undead mosquitoes for no apparent reason, even in neutral or good areas. Said mosquitoes will attempt to suck said dwarves dry, but if said dwarves wake up, the mosquitoes disappear in the span of .1 millisecond or so.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: June 21, 2020, 11:22:48 am »

Before said, skeeter, disaapears, a minute before the .1 ms, it will squirt a fully completed suduko puzzle on the nearest smoothed wall in alcohol laced blood droplets for the CotG to investigate.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 11:27:19 am by knutor »
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: June 21, 2020, 11:40:24 am »

Before said, skeeter, disaapears, a minute before the .1 ms, it will squirt a fully completed suduko puzzle on the nearest smoothed wall in alcohol laced blood droplets for the CotG to investigate.
What is CotG?
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 402