Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 94

Author Topic: The Left-Hand Path  (Read 112275 times)

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
Re: The Left-Hand Path
« Reply #450 on: August 11, 2019, 08:13:55 pm »

Also, we should probably have piecewise do the killing since he can be instructed to precisely kill them in a manner compatible with them being ... en-cored? Codified?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #451 on: August 11, 2019, 11:28:12 pm »

I believe the correct term is undeadened.
And when you kill an undeadened you redeaden them.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #452 on: August 14, 2019, 06:14:44 am »

On the subject of knife-staking... a brain-stab should kill pretty quick yes? Stab somebody through the eye, twist the knife around a bit, pull it out again, then do the heart-stake thing.

Also:
Keep the revolver. Ask Esme to help us assimilate some material on marksmanship before we go.
+1
"I've got several months worth of training. I'll just give you that." She says before directing you to sit down.  You comply and she steps around to your right side and places  her left hand on your head.

"Give me a second here...there we go." 

Unlike the last time, with the crawling words and everything, this time you see phantom images scroll down her skin and leap into you with little flashes of light. You remember the training much like you remember the memories of the chicken: a disorienting layering of yourself and someone else. It s not as bad this time, your body isn't twisted into a non-human form but its still not YOU. Its shorter with different proportions and the thoughts...they're far more disorienting.  You can tell Esme is attempting to keep the memories she's giving you tightly restricted to her training- there are vast black spaces between the times at the firing range or in drills- but other things leak out none the less. Opinions that you don't hold become yours in a transitory fashion. Regret about not scoring the highest, excitement about making it into the advanced marksman section, smug satisfaction about a special commendation pinned to your...her chest. And in there deeply, buried but glimpsed, are visions of Him.   Nothing concrete, just sensory memories and the motivation to continue so that you...her...might see him again. Maybe. Maybe.  His hand is in your hair. Its warm. Open fields. Smell of pollen and wheat. His shadow, sun at his back, details obscured.

"We'll all be together again soon, Es. You'll see."

Esme slaps you on the back and you struggle groggily out of the memory.

"Come on" she says, "I have to get ready. Go get your skeleton and that bayonet you want so much. Its in a cabinet, against the far wall over there, third drawer."

She moves upstairs and you stare after her for a few moments before following her instructions.  The bayonet is where she said it was, a foot long tapering spike of solid and slightly rusted metal. You give it piecewise to hold and he again vanishes it somewhere up a coat sleeve.  As you return to the main lobby area Esme comes back down the stairs. Her clothing is different: not some exaggerated commando gear but something much more suited to potential action than a long dress. Her hair is tightly bound up and hidden under a winter hat and she has replaced the dress with a long sleeved shirt and long pants. The shoes are utilitarian snow boots and once she dawns her heavy winter coat she becomes almost perfectly visually androgynous, as long as you don't get a good look at her face.

You follow her out the door - she talks in whispers to Nicholas for a moment - and together you walk down  toward the docks. They're nearby and you take a trolley part of the way before hopping off, walking one way, doubling back and generally moving indirectly. Piecewise gets one or two odd looks but nothing huge. No one points and screams at least. By the time you reach the place the sun has fully set.

The location is just like she said it was a long road stretching  straight down a double row of warehouse buildings. Its a bit larger than you expected though: the "alley" is actually about the size of a two lane road and is clearly designed for allowing trucks to access these warehouses. There are lights on every warehouse front but they're spaced far enough apart that these become nothing but small islands of light along an otherwise dark and secluded path.  Between the warehouse buildings themselves are much smaller alleys, maybe 5 feet wide concrete strips, often crowded with discarded pallets and similar refuse. The warehouse buildings are a good 25, maybe 30 feet tall and there are ladders welded onto the sides of them that allow access to the roof; though there are sort of tube like structures at the tops of these ladders with locking hatches that prevent unwanted visitors from climbing to the top.

"We've got..." Esme checks her watch "About 30 minutes till the patrol is set to be here."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: August 14, 2019, 08:11:01 am »

Welp, time to wait.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #454 on: August 14, 2019, 08:13:24 am »

Welp, time to wait.
Right in the center of the road here, totally in the open?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #455 on: August 14, 2019, 08:25:21 am »

Why not? That's the last thing anyone would expect!  :P

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: August 14, 2019, 08:28:37 am »

hide in one of the warehouses and watch for them

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: August 14, 2019, 01:10:59 pm »

excitement about making it into the advanced marksman section

So she ought to be quite reliable with that gun, good good.

Anyway yeah park somewhere out of sight, sneak up behind em, bonk and/or shank with Piecewise. Esme can coordinate and plug one or two. It's time for some properly-directed supervillainy, but for good.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: August 15, 2019, 04:50:21 am »

Lets just hide in the alley behind some boxes and jump the cops when they pass by.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: August 15, 2019, 08:25:39 pm »

Lets just hide in the alley behind some boxes and jump the cops when they pass by.

+1

Is "Him" Kelley or someone else? Could we tell?

Don't ask her though, if it wasn't Kelley it's none of our business

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: August 15, 2019, 08:29:53 pm »

+1

Is "Him" Kelley or someone else? Could we tell?

Don't ask her though, if it wasn't Kelley it's none of our business
+1

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: August 16, 2019, 02:00:19 am »

Philosophical question: if it WAS Kelly, is it any of our business?
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #462 on: August 16, 2019, 03:40:35 am »

Sure it is. If she has an attachment to him and she thinks he is us or that we can lead her to him then we can use that as leverage to get her to do what we want.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: August 16, 2019, 06:43:54 am »

Sure it is. If she has an attachment to him and she thinks he is us or that we can lead her to him then we can use that as leverage to get her to do what we want.
She already knows we don’t know where Kelley is, we asked about him earlier, we are trying to find him too

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #464 on: August 16, 2019, 08:03:08 am »

We don't need to know him to lead her to him. If he is likely to e.g. return to us to check our progress or send us some message that could lead us to him, then all she has to do is stay close to us.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 94