Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 94

Author Topic: The Left-Hand Path  (Read 112237 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: The Left-Hand Path
« Reply #840 on: December 18, 2019, 01:25:59 pm »

Teach ourselves to whistle in tune
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: December 18, 2019, 01:54:48 pm »

Murder?
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: December 18, 2019, 02:40:59 pm »

Murder?

This exchange accurately describes our character's moral compass.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: December 18, 2019, 02:46:44 pm »

Can't make a shambling monstrous quiche without brutally smashing some delicious, innocent eggs.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: December 18, 2019, 02:59:05 pm »

While practicing this, practice throwing our voice too

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: December 18, 2019, 03:01:32 pm »

A very practical compromise. Just think of the hijinx we can get up to as we throw our voice to Piecewise while he commits premeditated murder at a later date!

+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: December 19, 2019, 02:49:09 am »

A very practical compromise. Just think of the hijinx we can get up to as we throw our voice to Piecewise while he commits premeditated murder at a later date!

+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #847 on: December 21, 2019, 12:07:21 pm »

+1
+1
((I'm having flashbacks to Groundhog's day. How long before we begin using our sleepless nights to learn various questionably useful skills.))

You use your downtime this evening to attempt to learn how to throw your voice. None of your memories contain the knowledge of how to do it, though there are examples of it being done. You try your best to figure out the method using nothing but imitation combined with trial and error. This turns out to be extremely difficult and you struggle in vain for hours. The act of speaking without moving your lips is...fairly simple for most sounds, but making t come out smoothly and directing it towards another place is so far beyond you that you never even manage to come close. Even your best attempt is akin to a steetside puppet show. And not a good one.

The sun is rising and the rats are not back, as you expected. They are likely running off to hide and wait for their next chance.

Any plans for today or do you just want to wait till the rats return?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: December 21, 2019, 12:13:07 pm »

Is the living worker in town, maybe we can ask him about the layout of the base

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: December 21, 2019, 01:42:14 pm »

I say we just wait for the rats and birbwise to return. Just sort of put up the appearance of puttering about while we wait. Then go back to Esme with our new intel.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: December 22, 2019, 04:20:33 am »

I say we just wait for the rats and birbwise to return. Just sort of put up the appearance of puttering about while we wait. Then go back to Esme with our new intel.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #851 on: December 22, 2019, 06:17:21 am »

Is there any convenient drainage pipe coming out of the base? Since we and our minions don't need to breathe, it might be a good entry point.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #852 on: December 25, 2019, 02:14:01 pm »

Is the living worker in town, maybe we can ask him about the layout of the base
The worker(s) are still living in town, however asking them about the project seems a tricky prospect. Or rather, asking them any specifics about it seems difficult, as your cover is that of a researcher. You could probably make a good case for talking with them about their experiences on the project and what it was like, but if you started asking for details as to how the base was laid out, they might grow wary. There is also the inherent issue that the base has probably been updated and changed since they built it.

Still, some basic questions might reveal something interesting. Maybe some hidden way in?

Is there any convenient drainage pipe coming out of the base? Since we and our minions don't need to breathe, it might be a good entry point.
+1
You spend two days mostly just sitting around, practicing your ventriloquism. Despite hours upon hours of work, you still cannot manage to get any better at it. You're quite frustrated, honestly, that you have gone this long and tried this hard and made no, or at at least very minor, progress.

In the early morning hours of the third day, the rats begin to show up, one at a time crawling up the wall of the building and into the room. Once they're all in attendance you again get the piece of paper with the existing map out- as well as a few extras- and start making demands. First you have them draw out patrol routes; again these are just a list of "sightings" but you can draw lines between the static sights and plan out the routes from there.  Next, you have them fill out what the purpose of each building is, as far as they can tell. Some are clear guesses but the majority are clearly marked. Storage, specimen storage, animate specimen storage, utility shed, main labs, barracks, secondary lab buildings, etc. One thing is out of place or at least unexpected: a section marked "Mass Grave".

This makes no sense for multiple reasons.  First, there's a clearly marked incinerator on the edge of the property, so why would bodies be buried when they could be burned? Second, why would a necromancy facility dispose of bodies? Surely even the smallest scraps of flesh might have their use, unless they were simply too degraded. Even then, the incinerator should be their destination. All you can think is that at some point in the past the facility had far too many bodies to handle...but why?

Also included in the intel was information about drainage and ventilation. The ventilation info is essentially worthless, at least for infiltration purposes for someone your size. The vents are about the size of a shoebox and held together with screws, the points of which fill the vents like barbed wire. The drainage is slightly more viable, pipes about 2 feet in diameter, leading to various sections of the compound. However, some of the input pipes appear to significantly smaller than others.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: December 26, 2019, 06:27:55 am »

Before we decide the next course of action maybe we should go talk to the people that built the place and see if we can find out anything interesting.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #854 on: December 26, 2019, 08:41:38 am »

Maybe we can frame it as an interview about the socioeconomical impact of their employment. You know, have they found any other employment besides the construction work, does the base ever call them back to do additional work, were there any work accidents and if so were the victims and their families compensated? The sort of thing someone studying the history of this place would ask.

We can also show fake interest to various insignificant details about their work and their life (e.g. what sort of material did they use? Was it a health hazard? What was their diet and work hours?) so that if they say something significant about the base we can question them about it without sounding too suspicious.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 94